Re: MOM Accrington

jamiencafc wrote:Amond but great games from Day, Demetriou and Tozer.

I don't get all the love for Frank. Every time he touched the ball in the first 60 mins he seemed to lose it. When he turns it on though he's a class above this level, we just don't see it enough!

If he could "turn it on" consistently, he wouldn't be playing in Div.2.

Cornish Exile wrote:

I don't get all the love for Frank. Every time he touched the ball in the first 60 mins he seemed to lose it. When he turns it on though he's a class above this level, we just don't see it enough!

Amond manages it though. Labadie also. Come to think of it O'Brien. Not to mention Demetriou.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

Amond manages it though. Labadie also. Come to think of it O'Brien. Not to mention Demetriou.
I don't think any of those players consistently turn it on at a class above this level. More consistent league 2 performances, yes but not a class above.

Amberexile wrote:
I don't think any of those players consistently turn it on at a class above this level. More consistent league 2 performances, yes but not a class above.
I have to be guided by the views of others. But whilst Frank played well last night it's not been suggested it was an out of this world performance or that he was man of the match.

On the five occasions I have seen him play this is my view. He will get about 10 goals a season and notwithstanding he is tall and strong he isn't capable of leading the line.

However I don't think County have played to his one real strength. He holds the ball up well when it's played to his feet. If County could firstly find an attacking midfielder to play off him and if Frank could be taught how to pass a ball five yards he could be very valuable.

Just a thought, other views are available.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
I have to be guided by the views of others. But whilst Frank played well last night it's not been suggested it was an out of this world performance or that he was man of the match.

On the five occasions I have seen him play this is my view. He will get about 10 goals a season and notwithstanding he is tall and strong he isn't capable of leading the line.

However I don't think County have played to his one real strength. He holds the ball up well when it's played to his feet. If County could firstly find an attacking midfielder to play off him and if Frank could be taught how to pass a ball five yards he could be very valuable.

Just a thought, other views are available.
But to get back to the topic being discussed. Do you really think that Amond, Labadie, O'Brien and Demetriou have all consistently turned it on at a class above this level?