Re: a little moan -

Cornish Exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Love him as a footballer and I think he may go a long way in the game but am I the only one who cant see the point of playing Ben White before Jay Foulston in the remaining games we have ?

White wont be with us next season as he will go onto bigger and better things . Foulston will.....Why not give the lad a few games under his belt to see how he copes ???
I thought I read somewhere recently that there was something in our agreement with Brighton about the number of appearances required.

Has to play minimum 75% games, i think if he missed the last 3 he'd still have hit that.
That said, I'd continue to play him, let him have a great send off from the fans for his excellent season for us.

With regards to 65% of budget already used for next season, that obviously includes TOE and Reynolds yes?

While I am fully behind giving the youngsters a chance, maybe he's just not ready? No point throwing him in just because he's one of ours, he has to be good enough. He's only played twice and the Southend game was only a late appearance wasn't it? Wouldn't mind seeing him get 20 minutes or so off the bench in the last couple of games, much less risk than starting him. Plus, gives the chance for the fans to give an ovation to White.

DT1892 wrote:While I am fully behind giving the youngsters a chance, maybe he's just not ready? No point throwing him in just because he's one of ours, he has to be good enough. He's only played twice and the Southend game was only a late appearance wasn't it? Wouldn't mind seeing him get 20 minutes or so off the bench in the last couple of games, much less risk than starting him. Plus, gives the chance for the fans to give an ovation to White.
He'll have an excellent opportunity to prove himself pre season.

Cornish Exile wrote:
DT1892 wrote:While I am fully behind giving the youngsters a chance, maybe he's just not ready? No point throwing him in just because he's one of ours, he has to be good enough. He's only played twice and the Southend game was only a late appearance wasn't it? Wouldn't mind seeing him get 20 minutes or so off the bench in the last couple of games, much less risk than starting him. Plus, gives the chance for the fans to give an ovation to White.
He'll have an excellent opportunity to prove himself pre season.
Which would be good but even then, he's still only 17. No need to rush him into the first team. Pre-season with the squad will be great for him, but quality coaching is far more important for him at this age than anything else.

neilcork68 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Don't agree , how fair is fielding a weaker team on the teams going for promotion, fighting relegation etc?
You should always play you strongest side

I don't give a toss about other sides . Our season is finished and IMO we should start preparing players for next season if we can. We are safe and in the position to do so.
Crewe played a 16 year old and a 18 year old against us. They were the best players on the pitch against us....Mathematically we were still in with a chance of reaching the play offs and they still could have been relegated...Did they care about other teams ????
I don't give a toss either

When I say pre-season i'm not referring to games I'm referring to completing a full professional pre-season. Footballs changed Foulston and Touray will probably have summer targets to adhere to and will be measured when they return like the rest of the squad. Learning to live like an experienced dedicated professional will be a massive part of the transition and education, the club I would imagine have a clear development plan. A perfect example of a young player who a club developed is Ellis Harrison who has now added consistency to ability. In Flynny they have someone with a strong academy background so he has experience in this development. I'd go for the record, lets be honest to get within 6 points of JE who had a far bigger budget is already a great achievement, take a club from the bottom of the league, beat Leeds and take Tottenham to a replay Flynny and these players have more than performed this season, the record would be the icing on the cake and ends the season positively which you take into next season. As I've said we can't have it both ways, lose the next 3 games and the negative record will be brought up, win 1 or 2 it won't , win 3 well that really is making a statement.
Last edited by supporter on April 26th, 2018, 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rncfc wrote:I'd look to give them some game time, definitely. I think far too much is made of protecting young players. Protect them from what? Playing football? Do me a favour.
Agreed. To make it in the professional game as well as ability players need to be mentally tough. Bringing young players in at this stage will result in one of three things happening. And remember all our games now are competitive friendlies. All our opponents like us will be playing league 2 next season.

Firstly they do well. That is good.

Secondly they get a mauling. If they do and learn what is required, and have the mentality to bounce back that too is good.

Thirdly they get a mauling but don't recover. Harsh though it seems that also is for the best. Better to learn at seventeen than at twenty-two that you lack the toughness required.