a little moan -

Love him as a footballer and I think he may go a long way in the game but am I the only one who cant see the point of playing Ben White before Jay Foulston in the remaining games we have ?

White wont be with us next season as he will go onto bigger and better things . Foulston will.....Why not give the lad a few games under his belt to see how he copes ???

Re: a little moan -

neilcork68 wrote:Love him as a footballer and I think he may go a long way in the game but am I the only one who cant see the point of playing Ben White before Jay Foulston in the remaining games we have ?

White wont be with us next season as he will go onto bigger and better things . Foulston will.....Why not give the lad a few games under his belt to see how he copes ???
Been saying this the last couple of weeks. White my player of the year but playing him right now doesn't help us or him. let him go train with a premier league first team and let Foulston play every game left.

daftasfxxx wrote:Don't agree , how fair is fielding a weaker team on the teams going for promotion, fighting relegation etc?
You should always play you strongest side

I don't give a toss about other sides . Our season is finished and IMO we should start preparing players for next season if we can. We are safe and in the position to do so.
Crewe played a 16 year old and a 18 year old against us. They were the best players on the pitch against us....Mathematically we were still in with a chance of reaching the play offs and they still could have been relegated...Did they care about other teams ????

All League Two teams receive the same payments from the EFL regardless of finishing position.

The EFL confirmed there is no extra prize money for finishing top of League Two and no ladder system operates across all three divisions of the EFL.

So Stanley, should they win the title, will receive the same financial payments as relegated Chesterfield, and the Exiles.

Each League Two club will receive £472,000 as a ‘basic award’ plus a £430,000 ‘solidarity payment’ from the Premier League.

Basic award across the EFL:
Championship – £2.084m.
League 1 – £677,000.
League 2 – £472,000.

Premier League Solidarity payment across the EFL:
Championship – £4.3m
League 1 – £645,000.
League 2 – £430,000.

The last few weeks have seen a lot of moaning and comparing Flynn to Feeney. I'd be going for as many wins as possible because supporters can't have it both ways. Don't moan about we only had x amount of wins in so many games etc etc and then say play the youngsters. For me Flynny is head and shoulders above Feeney who couldn't get a response from the players from the end of one season and the start of the following. Could you imagine playing the youngsters and then everyone goes we lost our last 4 games. I was surprised when I looked,I think since the Mansfield game we've only lost 3 games, drawn a lot but those draws include Coventry, Notts County and Luton with wins against Swindon and Accrington. We're way ahead of where we were, turn the draws to wins and we'll make even further progress. If Flynny and this team push on which I think they will then those suffering from SMS ( short memory syndrome) will be back on here singing his and the teams praises. Andrew Perry.

supporter wrote:The last few weeks have seen a lot of moaning and comparing Flynn to Feeney. I'd be going for as many wins as possible because supporters can't have it both ways. Don't moan about we only had x amount of wins in so many games etc etc and then say play the youngsters. For me Flynny is head and shoulders above Feeney who couldn't get a response from the players from the end of one season and the start of the following. Could you imagine playing the youngsters and then everyone goes we lost our last 4 games. I was surprised when I looked,I think since the Mansfield game we've only lost 3 games, drawn a lot but those draws include Coventry, Notts County and Luton with wins against Swindon and Accrington. We're way ahead of where we were, turn the draws to wins and we'll make even further progress. If Flynny and this team push on which I think they will then those suffering from SMS ( short memory syndrome) will be back on here singing his and the teams praises. Andrew Perry.
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment. If Michael Flynn were to say on Friday "Nothing rides on this game for either side. I am going to throw in a few of the young lads and see how they cope. I have told them not to worry but to give it a go and enjoy themselves".

If in those circumstances we lost 5-4 I doubt very much anyone would moan or be too upset. Reading the complaints on this board it seems to me that it is not losing which has riled but rather too often there has been a lack of fight. We know that Ben White is leaving, I am sure he goes with nothing but good wishes. I fail to see the point for him or us of playing him again. Perhaps one or two of the out of contract players might benefit from learning that nobody is irreplaceable?

supporter wrote:The last few weeks have seen a lot of moaning and comparing Flynn to Feeney. I'd be going for as many wins as possible because supporters can't have it both ways. Don't moan about we only had x amount of wins in so many games etc etc and then say play the youngsters. For me Flynny is head and shoulders above Feeney who couldn't get a response from the players from the end of one season and the start of the following. Could you imagine playing the youngsters and then everyone goes we lost our last 4 games. I was surprised when I looked,I think since the Mansfield game we've only lost 3 games, drawn a lot but those draws include Coventry, Notts County and Luton with wins against Swindon and Accrington. We're way ahead of where we were, turn the draws to wins and we'll make even further progress. If Flynny and this team push on which I think they will then those suffering from SMS ( short memory syndrome) will be back on here singing his and the teams praises. Andrew Perry.
Not me..... I stand by my estimate I made before a ball was kicked: "something like 12th, on something like 66 pts"...... come the season's end, I'll know exactly how far short we fell of what I considered success. I would liked to have seen another "3 wins on the bounce" though, but that's just my own expectations.
If we finish 4 points higher each season, eventually we'll be promoted......but too many people want it all at once.

I've seen most games this season and I haven't seen a lack of fight though by all accounts Barnet was poor. I've seen a wtf just happened performance ie Stevenage home, Crewe didn't come into this category. Doesn't bother me whether the youngsters are played or not but the past has proven that a bad run of results statistics will be thrown up in a negative way, it won't be said ah but don't forget Flynny played some of the youngsters. I would love to see the record points tally passed this season, though if in the big scheme of things Flynny thinks play the youngsters then that's up to him. For the record I'm happy with the season, but as I've said we can't have it both ways.

supporter wrote:I've seen most games this season and I haven't seen a lack of fight though by all accounts Barnet was poor. I've seen a wtf just happened performance ie Stevenage home, Crewe didn't come into this category. Doesn't bother me whether the youngsters are played or not but the past has proven that a bad run of results statistics will be thrown up in a negative way, it won't be said ah but don't forget Flynny played some of the youngsters. I would love to see the record points tally passed this season, though if in the big scheme of things Flynny thinks play the youngsters then that's up to him. For the record I'm happy with the season, but as I've said we can't have it both ways.
Looking at our finances it should brother you that academy players are not getting games when you think we need to sell one next season to break even.

Don’t you think foulston learning from Mickey D and tourey learning next to amond is perfect to set us up for the future?

What I meant Bush was even though I would love to make the record points total it wouldnt bother me if the youngsters were played if in the bigger scheme that's what Flynny thinks is best and as a founder member of the Smile Council nobody would be more delighted to see the academy players come through and make the grade.

supporter wrote:What I meant Bush was even though I would love to make the record points total it wouldnt bother me if the youngsters were played if in the bigger scheme that's what Flynny thinks is best and as a founder member of the Smile Council nobody would be more delighted to see the academy players come through and make the grade.
We need them to make the grade mate. Won’t have an opportunity to put them in games like this start of next season. There’s a chance if they do well that’s two players we don’t have to bring in next season.

I think pre-season will be more important in their development and then it's whether they come into the first team or get loaned out. For me it'll be interesting to see how Owen Evans has developed, I look back at our conference south side, Rose,Henry,Foley,Collins,Bignot,Reid,Warren they all benefited from playing this level and went on to league football,hopefully Owen Evans can establish himself with us.

neilcork68 wrote:Love him as a footballer and I think he may go a long way in the game but am I the only one who cant see the point of playing Ben White before Jay Foulston in the remaining games we have ?

I thought I read somewhere recently that there was something in our agreement with Brighton about the number of appearances required.