Re: Butler Staying

The club haven’t announced the length of contract have they? Maybe Dan has been a bit misquoted.

I’m not a fan of two year contracts but the young players with potential sell on value must be protected so surprised if it’s not more than one. End of the day maybe that’s what butler wanted.

Bush wrote:The club haven’t announced the length of contract have they? Maybe Dan has been a bit misquoted.

I’m not a fan of two year contracts but the young players with potential sell on value must be protected so surprised if it’s not more than one. End of the day maybe that’s what butler wanted.
Yes, 1 yr extension.

SULLY34 wrote:
Bush wrote:The club haven’t announced the length of contract have they? Maybe Dan has been a bit misquoted.

Yes, 1 yr extension.
Strange one then. Must be player decision because we have been handing 2 year contracts out like nobodies business since last year. Maybe this is the tightening of the budget.

Bush wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:

Yes, 1 yr extension.
Strange one then. Must be player decision because we have been handing 2 year contracts out like nobodies business since last year. Maybe this is the tightening of the budget.
Tightening of the budget this is what worries me we go on fa cup run make a bundle of cash and we got to tighten as the result of that's the case the club will sink in few years as not guaranteed a cup run to stay afloat as they put it

Bush wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:

Yes, 1 yr extension.
Probably on the advice of his agent.

KALS wrote:Maybe the Club couldn't afford a new 2 year contract which I'm sure would have meant a pay rise,
as opposed to an extension to his existing contract which could be at his current pay level!
Why would he sign a contract on same money without testing the market?