Flynny picking weaker teams on purpose ?

I know we have all heard this theory in other posts but do you think mf would pick a weaker team and make them employ very strange tactics in the way they are told to play,
i.e. just keep on thumping the long balls up to armond, not playing any decent football by missing out our midfield all together,
What i mean is what if say mf was told by somone on the board that we could,nt afford to go up this year when we had a very good chance of being in at least the play offs,
I find it so strange how we dropped so many points in about 12 matches recently and played bloody awfull football, and how about we loose to some bottom sides then beat a top side next match and play totally diff style of football,
So what do you think mf would of done or did if he was told county can,t afford to go up this season,

Re: Flynny picking weaker teams on purpose ?

Sommidda wrote:I know we have all heard this theory in other posts but do you think mf would pick a weaker team and make them employ very strange tactics in the way they are told to play,
i.e. just keep on thumping the long balls up to armond, not playing any decent football by missing out our midfield all together,
What i mean is what if say mf was told by somone on the board that we could,nt afford to go up this year when we had a very good chance of being in at least the play offs,
I find it so strange how we dropped so many points in about 12 matches recently and played bloody awfull football, and how about we loose to some bottom sides then beat a top side next match and play totally diff style of football,
So what do you think mf would of done or did if he was told county can,t afford to go up this season,

No. Only lost to one team at home from the bottom 7. We're, like most other teams in League 2, inconsistent. Simple as that Imo.
One very quick example is Yeovil, lost 8-2 to Luton but next game beat Accrington 3-2.

I'd be surprised if someone had said we can't afford to go up, because if that's the case, they're obviously not familiar with the stats that suggest "a club's attendance will approximately double for each division it climbs, capacity permitting "..... so even with an ALLEGEDLY apathetic fanbase, but with more visiting vans, we could reasonable expect our average attendance in League One to be something like 5200.....probably 4600 County + 600 away.... The County figure itself could even be closer to 5000.
Football is very different to when we were in the League all those years ago.

The only clubs who "can't afford" to go up are those that are already operating (a) close to capacity and (b) close to the maximum acceptable ticket price.....say like, ooh.... QPR for example: ground already nearly full, and tickets already costing a fortune.

Newport County are neither of those things......yet!
Now if we were already getting average gates of 6000, and on the point of championship football, different story, because some of the away followings, and the increase in home following would probably require a stadium with a five figure capacity, so yeah, then we might be concerned whether we'd get maximum bang for our buck if going up....... but not at the moment.

One day, we'll either (a) buy RP, (b) outgrow RP or (c) be thrown out of RP........ personally I hope it's the first one.

If you suggest we can't afford to go up, you'd have to have taken the higher gates into consideration too.
I think we can do one more promotion while at an undeveloped RP.

Total rubbish.
Another conspiracy theory.
All that money swishing about from our cup run.
Best time ever to go up.
What idiot on the board would tell Flynny to loose games and even dafter for Flynny to tell the boys to loose.
The team and management have lost the plot often throughout the season but bounced back every time.

I am not saying for one minute that flynny would of told his players to lose any games at all, what i am saying is could flynny of picked a side which he knew was not the right formation against sides, ,, lets say for instance playing armond alone up front, then his team talk just b4 the match starts insist on county playing the long high in the air sort of balls for a lone 5,9 striker to contest mostly in the air aswell, you cant tell me we aint seen that game plan b4 can you, what about about when we go
1 up and then we drop so far back most games we take the lead, but strangely we did,nt against accy on tue. Just saying

The truth is, we're not a stable enough club, to warrant going up. Both on and off the field we have shown weaknesses.
We need to cut out the unexplained tripe we played at games like Barnet away.
We also need a support that will turn up regularly. Why do we have crowds of 5700 watch us beat Crawley. Then to drop to 2700 against Morecambe ? We need more stability before we gain promotion otherwise a few bad results in the higher league would result in poor crowds, infighting and bankrupcy (via concurrent relagations) I cite numerous examples such as Torquay.
Nevertheless Give us promotion today, and I'd be over the moon. So there ! :-)

Nineteen Eighty wrote:The truth is, we're not a stable enough club, to warrant going up. Both on and off the field we have shown weaknesses.
We need to cut out the unexplained tripe we played at games like Barnet away.
We also need a support that will turn up regularly. Why do we have crowds of 5700 watch us beat Crawley. Then to drop to 2700 against Morecambe ? We need more stability before we gain promotion otherwise a few bad results in the higher league would result in poor crowds, infighting and bankrupcy (via concurrent relagations) I cite numerous examples such as Torquay.
Nevertheless Give us promotion today, and I'd be over the moon. So there ! :-)
I take your point entirely about getting stability. I believe it'll take 15 seasons to fully re-establish Newport County as a FL club. We may be promoted or relegated a number of times during that period but what we must do is stay in the League.....that's easier to achieve if you're one division higher.
Promotion to League one would probably see our average number of visiting fans go up to around 600..... the home fans would probably go up to an average of 4700. I'd hope the extra money would bring some stability, though much of it would go on higher wages I guess.
Stability of attendances is something that all bar the biggest clubs have to strive for. You'll always get peaks & troughs.
The problem we have at NCAFC is one of expectation. The fans as a group, expect too much for the club at its current stage of development.
Overall so far, I'm satisfied with where we are. If we can finish 4 points higher, and add 400 to our gate each season, that'll give us the kind of rate of progression we need, and the stability you mention.

Sommidda wrote:I am not saying for one minute that flynny would of told his players to lose any games at all, what i am saying is could flynny of picked a side which he knew was not the right formation against sides, ,, lets say for instance playing armond alone up front, then his team talk just b4 the match starts insist on county playing the long high in the air sort of balls for a lone 5,9 striker to contest mostly in the air aswell, you cant tell me we aint seen that game plan b4 can you, what about about when we go
1 up and then we drop so far back most games we take the lead, but strangely we did,nt against accy on tue. Just saying
Of/have
Welcome back Harps

First of all just let me tell you again daftasfxxx
I aint got a clue who this harps bloke is, so why you keep on saying i am harps is getting on my tits now , i am not harps ok.
And to you mr exile 1976 what the hell are you muttering on about, you say i am treading on a thin line and brendan will have somthing to say about what i wrote on my post,,
Well mr exile 1976 you sound to me like a brown tounged ltl boy who creeps to brendan and i aint got a clue who brendan is. I can only think he must be a moderator or like that, still stand by what i posted as it was only a question i asked all the other members, thats what forums are for and about aint they,
So mr exile 1976 go and try bully some one else into shuting up and stop posting on the forum. I am being really nice in this reply to your post aimed at me, so go and polish your brown tounge mr exile 1976 .

Sommidda wrote:First of all just let me tell you again daftasfxxx
I aint got a clue who this harps bloke is, so why you keep on saying i am harps is getting on my tits now , i am not harps ok.
And to you mr exile 1976 what the hell are you muttering on about, you say i am treading on a thin line and brendan will have somthing to say about what i wrote on my post,,
Well mr exile 1976 you sound to me like a brown tounged ltl boy who creeps to brendan and i aint got a clue who brendan is. I can only think he must be a moderator or like that, still stand by what i posted as it was only a question i asked all the other members, thats what forums are for and about aint they,
So mr exile 1976 go and try bully some one else into shuting up and stop posting on the forum. I am being really nice in this reply to your post aimed at me, so go and polish your brown tounge mr exile 1976 .

You're a grade A idiot. You haven't got a clue about anything and you come across as a little boy who wants to play big boys. Now jog on you tool
You need to look at previous threads to see how myself and Brendan get on before making yourself look an even bigger arse than your posts suggests you are