Re: Exiles v Cambridge

neilcork68 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Going for 2-1. Got a couple of quid on that at 17/2.

congrats on your win
Thanks Neil. That more than paid for my ticket. Thought in the first 20 mins we were excellent and moved the ball around brilliantly. Then Cambridge came back a bit. Still think we deserved the 1-0 ht lead though.

Have to say, apart from the goal big Frank' touch is pretty bad. Great goal though. Why oh why do we sit back on a good lead. I think most people knew their goal was coming.

I think if it wasn't for the heroics of Micky D we may have only drawn that one. He was superb, far too good for this league. Thought Ben White had an average last home game.

Thought their number 8 was a right pain in the backside. Kept harassing our back line all afternoon. Thought there was a law against that!
Last edited by pembsexile on April 28th, 2018, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pembsexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Going for 2-1. Got a couple of quid on that at 17/2.

congrats on your win
Thanks Neil. That more than paid for my ticket. Thought in the first 20 mins we were excellent and moved the ball around brilliantly. Then Cambridge came back a bit. Still think we deserved the 1-0 ht lead though.

Have to say, apart from the goal big Frank' touch is pretty bad. Great goal though. Why oh why do we sit back on a good lead. I think most people knew their goal was coming.

I think if it wasn't for the heroics of Micky D we may have only drawn that one. He was superb, far too good for this league. Thought Ben White had an average last home game.

Thought their number 8 was a right pain in the backside. Kept harassing our back line all afternoon. Thought there was a law against that!

agree about their no 8....imagine a front line of Amond and him,,,He is on loan to them from Northampton so may be available ??

Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Cambridge

Good to see Frank on the score sheet again if not for his own confidence, but too little too late for me. Coincidence that he has got 2 in 2 with the end of his contract looming? His career has mirrored this - potential there but just no consistency and application. His touch is poor and he can't head the ball - shame really.

Mr Figo wrote:Good to see Frank on the score sheet again if not for his own confidence, but too little too late for me. Coincidence that he has got 2 in 2 with the end of his contract looming? His career has mirrored this - potential there but just no consistency and application. His touch is poor and he can't head the ball - shame really.
He started the season on fire and is finishing it strong.Unfortunately,he was woeful in the middle.

Good performance much better in the first half where we took the game to Cambridge by being busier and more proactive. Liked the movement off the ball and quick passing. We used both flanks to great effect creating a lot of chances in the box. Every player played their part. I thought Days distribution was varied instead of the usual hoof ball up the pitch.
Second half when we scored the second decided to sit back and let Cambridge take the initiative which they nearly did. We lacked the competiveness in midfield as the game went on allowing much more space and time for Cambridge to exploit.
Stand out players both halves were Butler, Demetriou and Amond those three never stopped running. closing and pressing.
Nouble had an impressive first 45 mins. and second half goal but it stands out more when he has been found missing much of the season. New contract ? No imho. Too little too late ? Yes !

Percy plunkett wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Good to see Frank on the score sheet again if not for his own confidence, but too little too late for me. Coincidence that he has got 2 in 2 with the end of his contract looming? His career has mirrored this - potential there but just no consistency and application. His touch is poor and he can't head the ball - shame really.
He started the season on fire and is finishing it strong.Unfortunately,he was woeful in the middle.
Exactly! Three goals in the first home match against a woeful Chesterfield, two goals in the last week, and only 5 goals in the eight months in between. Not good enough.

neilcork68 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

congrats on your win

agree about their no 8....imagine a front line of Amond and him,,,He is on loan to them from Northampton so may be available ??

Nice few quid for you there pembs.
Now first half I thought their number 8 was awful, just chased lost balls like a headless chicken and had a terrible first touch. He certainly improved second half.

Barnabas wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Exactly! Three goals in the first home match against a woeful Chesterfield, two goals in the last week, and only 5 goals in the eight months in between. Not good enough.
It's worse than that.He scored two before Chesterfield in his purple patch.So it's only 3 goals in eight months,and two of those were really og's.