Re: Morecambe or Barnet

daftasfxxx wrote:
Countysfinest wrote:Would be nice to see morecambe go down just because of that p**ck Ellison . As for the Blackpool weekender I’m hoping fylde win the play offs
Same reason, he might be a gent off the pitch but he's an absolute a-hole on it

I think he's gold mate, be gutted not to see him next season, need more characters like him in the game

I think my dislike of Barnet is higher. However, although Morecambe need only a point, I can't see them getting anything at Coventry. Barnet need a win and Chesterfield have no incentive at all, so I guess it's odds on Barnet staying up. Morecambe have diced with relegation for a while. They regularly collapse in the second half of the season, this time it's caught up with them. They had about 1900 home fans yesterday which is twice the usual turnout. Not really the basis for survival, plus it's bloody long trip.

Exile 1976 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
Countysfinest wrote:Would be nice to see morecambe go down just because of that p**ck Ellison . As for the Blackpool weekender I’m hoping fylde win the play offs

I think he's gold mate, be gutted not to see him next season, need more characters like him in the game
It was his dives mate, you're right about characters though, i seem to remember him doing press ups mid game over dave parade once.
Still can't see them staying up though

daftasfxxx wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:

It was his dives mate, you're right about characters though, i seem to remember him doing press ups mid game over dave parade once.
Still can't see them staying up though
I agree, I think they're gone. Can't see them getting anything away to Coventry and surely Barnet can turn over Chesterfield at home

If Barnet survive, that will be two seasons in a row that clubs that have sacked Westley late in the day have produced miraculous turnarounds. Does this substantiate the fact that Westley has an eye for signing a player but can't motivate a team? I don't know whether his ego could take it but his next move could be as an Assistant or Chief Scout.

Under Flynn, we have W L D against Morecambe with a level goal difference.
Against Barnet we have lost both games.
Morecambe is a long haul but chance of a weekend.
Barnet is easy to get to.
Morecambe and Barnet both add very little in terms of away fans... 18 and 64 respectively.
Morecambe drop like flies in the box to try to get penalties.
Barnet we just can't raise our game against, although on the waterlogged abandonment, we did have them licked
first half. I don't think they were keen to "sleep in the wet patch" second half.

So in view of it all, I'd like to see Barnet go.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Morecambe will survive. They just need a point, whilst Coventry also just need a point to guarantee a playoff berth. Expect a non-aggression pact between the two, lots of passing around in the middle third of the pitch and a 0-0!
Hope you're right. Barnet didn't even have plans to run a coach for supporters to Morecambe on Saturday. This was questioned and the club eventually said they'd run one if forty people signed up and it would cost £40pp. Eventually they ran it anyway and 23 travelled on it. One message on their forum actually points out that our coach to Carlisle is running @£20 (less for concessions). It seems a major sticking point is that the club insist on setting off from The Hive which is not in Barnet and an inconvenient place for most who want to travel. Tinpot club, back to the National League please.

Edit: Seems like a convenient time for a pat on the back to our Supporters Club for, as always, running a coach to every away game this season.