Re: Mickey Demetriou

As someone who has seen the signs and symptoms of head injury at close quarters (as part of my work) I would concur with Corky's assessment that MD was showing signs of a concussion and should have at the very least have been seen by a doctor to determine whether he should be allowed to continue the game. I think MF should have taken him off as a precaution.

Having said that he did seem to recover reasonably quickly and it was obviously a tactic of Cambridge to target him for "heavy treatment" as both Ikpeazu and Corr caught him with their first challenges.

faerun exile wrote:Dem ok for tonight according to the Argus - would be great to finish the season with another couple of wins. Good luck fellas and to fans travelling.

Just read the article. Got kicked in the face and had a headache.

I know he said he is fit to play but he isn't. Flynn should not pick him this evening.

First elbow Mickey was down for a good 2 minutes.
Second time similar.
The second half incident I cannot remember seeing anyone stagger about so badly and be totally ignored by everyone.
The ref, players and our bench.
Appalling behaviour.
Mickey was by a mile MOM but should of come off and for sure should be rested tonight.

jollysuperstar wrote:First elbow Mickey was down for a good 2 minutes.
Second time similar.
The second half incident I cannot remember seeing anyone stagger about so badly and be totally ignored by everyone.
The ref, players and our bench.
Appalling behaviour.
Mickey was by a mile MOM but should of come off and for sure should be rested tonight.
Harps is that you?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Dem ok for tonight according to the Argus - would be great to finish the season with another couple of wins. Good luck fellas and to fans travelling.

Just read the article. Got kicked in the face and had a headache.

I know he said he is fit to play but he isn't. Flynn should not pick him this evening.
All of the quotes in that article are from his post-match interview on Saturday. Hopefully in the meantime he will have been seen by the club doctor and the appropriate decision on whether or not he plays will be made.

In other parts of the interview, he seemed over eager to be able to say that he was ever present in major (i.e. not checkatrade) matches this season after his injury issues in previous seasons.

If he needs protecting from himself let's hope he gets it.

EDIT: Mickey starts tonight at Chesterfield

I'm sure the club doctor has assessed Mickey properly and correctly to determine whether or not he is able to play tonight. After all, the club doctor is there for the welfare of the players, not the club.

It's a nothing game with nothing but pride to play for tonight, so I can't see a reason why he'd be risked if there was a concern.