Re: Concluding this season's attendance stats:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:All I can say is I hope Coventry or Exeter dont go up our away att figures next season will definitely go down
You're right Jim, that's why I'm estimating a much smaller increase, much of which will be home fans I'm guessing. Our biggest hopes next year are probably Swindon, Luton & Exeter in that order.
Lewtun have been promoted mate
course they have! :oops:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:All I can say is I hope Coventry or Exeter dont go up our away att figures next season will definitely go down
You're right Jim, that's why I'm estimating a much smaller increase, much of which will be home fans I'm guessing. Our biggest hopes next year are probably Swindon, Luton & Exeter in that order.
Lewtun have been promoted mate
Looking at the clubs coming down from L1 - Northampton, MK, Bury, will prob have same support at RP as Luton, Wycombe and Accrington. We may lose out if Coventry go up and someone like Rochdale come down.
Macclesfield are coming up so similar support to either Chesterfield, Morecambe or Barnet. Tranmere should bring a few but then again if Boreham Wood / Ebbsfleet we will prob lose out.

Indeed, and that 80/81 was the highest since 1960. But nice to have some numbers to aspire to.
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jamiedharris wrote:Best ave league attendance since 1982-83 - 4,710, incidentally.
I'm surprised. My recollection of 80/81 is that only one gate fell below 4,000. Home to Carlisle in May. I also recall seeing a football Argus from the 1950's where only one gate fell below 10,000.

Edit. Just checked. 46/47 average home gate 12,505.

80/81 5,658.