Concluding this season's attendance stats:

Our attendance figures for this season are as follows:

TOTAL ATTENDANCE AT LEAGUE GAMES:......................80269 (14702 up on last season)
HIGHEST ATTENDANCE.....................................................5741 (Crawley Town)
LOWEST ATTENDANCE......................................................2225 (Barnet)
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE....................................................3490
CLOSEST TO THE AVERAGE.............................................3512 (Luton Town)

Points of interest:
** The average number of home fans at League games this season was 3162, which was 24.9% up on last year's figure.
** The average number of away fans visiting RP for League games 328, which was just 8 higher than last season's average.
** Of the 17 games against teams we played last year, 14 had higher attendances this season, than last season.
** The highest increase in the number of home fans this season, compared to the same fixture last season, not surprisingly,was CRAWLEY TOWN, with a 96% increase...........so we know the fan base IS there.

Thanks for reading my last figures of the season.
NGR

Re: Concluding this season's attendance stats:

excessbee wrote:I suppose that a more realistic average would be for 22 games (without Crawley). That match alone probably put 150 on the average. Still an encouraging increase but not surprising after two 22nd place finishes.
...that's a reasonable point you make there. Without the Crawley game, the increase is just over 18%.
Next season if we have no major cup ties (though even the Walsall game was extra income), I'd be happy with an increase of closer to 7% if we have another mid table season.

newgroundrodney wrote:
excessbee wrote:I suppose that a more realistic average would be for 22 games (without Crawley). That match alone probably put 150 on the average. Still an encouraging increase but not surprising after two 22nd place finishes.
...that's a reasonable point you make there. Without the Crawley game, the increase is just over 18%.
Next season if we have no major cup ties (though even the Walsall game was extra income), I'd be happy with an increase of closer to 7% if we have another mid table season.
Have you factored in the cheap season ticket deal offered before last season?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Have you factored in the cheap season ticket deal offered before last season?
Not specifically, but I do expect the RATE of increase to be a lot lower next season, hence the 7% figure..... of course, if we have an even better season, who knows where the final figure will end up. I'm just pleased that with a combination of good results, and special offers, increased ST sales, nearly 15,000** extra people came through for League games alone. At about £12 (?) per person thats a good few extra bob (£176k) in the coffers!... very pleased with that.

** EDITED : approximately 4 x extra games' worth of gate receipts.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:well done NGR - enjoyed your stats updates and also well interpreted at the end.
Lets hope for another increase next year.
If we made the top 3 of course we would see a bigger leap, there is desire in the City, we just need to give them a whiff of success.
Absolutely. Three and a half thousand for mid-table fourth division is not great but neither is it awful. No reason at all why a team making a real challenge for promotion couldn't get four thousand plus, or five to six thousand in the third tier.

One thing that is getting better is that it seems to me that a few more people seem to becoming aware that the potential exists in Newport. This season has been an improvement. It's a start but it's not mission accomplished. And that is not a criticism but merely an acknowledgement that there is still a long way to go.

newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:All I can say is I hope Coventry or Exeter dont go up our away att figures next season will definitely go down
You're right Jim, that's why I'm estimating a much smaller increase, much of which will be home fans I'm guessing. Our biggest hopes next year are probably Swindon, Luton & Exeter in that order.
Lewtun have been promoted mate

For those interested in seeing it in table form, here are our attendances, Home & Away combined:

1 Crawley Town........................5741
2 Coventry City.........................4667
3 Crewe Alexandra...................4638
4 Chesterfield...........................4332
5 Stevenage.............................4007
6 Swindon Town.......................3911
7 Wycombe W..........................3752
8 Yeovil Town...........................3689
9 Lincoln City............................3514
10 Luton Town...........................3512
11 Cambridge United.................3412
12 Exeter City.............................3380
13 Grimsby Town.......................3356
14 Notts County.........................3326
15 Carlisle United ......................3179
16 Mansfield Town.....................3146
17 Cheltenham Town.................2916
18 Port Vale...............................2876
19 Forest Green.........................2862
20 Morecambe...........................2754
21 Colchester United.................2704
22 Accrington Stanley................2370
23 Barnet...................................2225
Last edited by newgroundrodney on May 1st, 2018, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.