Re: Match programmes RIP?

im a big collector of programmes,
I have a whole box of county programmes that I have managed to buy from ebay over the last few years.
I have got loads of county programmes from the 80s, and have the complete set of programmes from the season in the conference south when you were champions.

it will be a shame to lose this requirement at match day games. but times are moving so fast,
I don't like where things are going as it is.

I'm a fan but I must admit there is probably a market these days for a digital download version that people could get on their phone for a lower price than a printed programme and the club would still make money. Would be nice if clubs could offer both options but I guess that's easier for teams with large attendances.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Snowman wrote:Its currently an EFL rule that clubs MUST produce a printed programme.

The proposal will remove the MUST from the published rules of the EFL and leave the decision of weather to print a program or not entirely with the club
Believe it or not but all Gwent County Clubs have to produce a programme for every game the ref has to report if none is offered
That's a fairly recent development (it wasn't the case in the early/mid 2000s when I was playing Gwent County, so ok, last 15 years or so, time flies but some of my teammates then are still playing... ;) ). Also, one of those wonderful things that shows how massively out of touch the blazers who run local football always are - bring in a regulation to enforce the use of paper right at the time where everyone else is moving from paper to online. My Sunday team had a website a minimum of 5 years before that half-baked edict!

On the original point, I only buy a programme at away games (or very rarely special occasion home games), and somewhere in my garage across numerous carrier bags is a record of my match attendance since the 90s in programme form. The last 4 years' worth is captured on the doingthe92 website though, so I don't even need them for that any more.

I did go out of my way to buy a Spurs Wembley programme on eBay having not seen one on the night though, so there's still mileage in them, and I'm sure most clubs would miss the extra revenue they generate, if not the hassle.