Re: Sam Foley

faerun exile wrote:3 relegations from L1 in 4 seasons. Good effort that.
Yes and in each of those seasons he was in the final year of his contract so always decided to jump ship and sign with another league one club. (Can't blame him for that). In fact last season Port Vale said they offered him more money than Northampton but he turned them down as he wanted to remain a league one player. Quite admirable in my opinion! However as he signed a 2 year contract last season with Northampton he will not have that luxury this year and unless Northampton sell him, he will be a league 2 player next year!
Amazed he only played 9 games for Northampton this season as well!
Last edited by rdh2210 on May 1st, 2018, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Im honestly not sure if im bothered if he returned or not. Still not convinced he has ever found his best position in league football. The best I saw of Sam was that period when he played with chapman alongside him in a midfield 3 where he was pushed further forward. Not convinced he is a striker or a winger to be honest.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
rdh2210 wrote:
Snowman wrote:Would you bring him back if he became available?

I think I would
100% Yes I would!

Even with that relegation record
In his 3 relegations he was voted Player of the year for 2 of them. Last season at Port Vale and the season before at Yeovil.

Bush wrote:Im honestly not sure if im bothered if he returned or not. Still not convinced he has ever found his best position in league football. The best I saw of Sam was that period when he played with chapman alongside him in a midfield 3 where he was pushed further forward. Not convinced he is a striker or a winger to be honest.
I agree with this. Not really played as a striker since his days with us (with Craig Reid) and didn't play his best football in his first season at Yeovil as a winger. Good in a midfield 3 when pushed forward. But then maybe we have Josh Sheehan for that role next season?

Not seen enough of him, since he left us, to make any kind of comment about whether he’d improve us or not, but playing for us was a long time ago (6-7 years?), and didn’t I just read he only made 9 appearances this season ? ... those stats would be a big concern to me about bringing him back, & prob on very decent wages?