Re: Sam Foley

Would he be interested in coming back?

If Chapman’s head was in the right place and Foley was available I’d love to see the two of them play together again. As with a couple of previous posters, that short run of games they had has lived long in the memory.

It’s not going to happen is it.

At the Vale he played as an attacking midfielder, so would usually be found dribbling in forward positions. Vale fans love a trier, and Foley was a trier.

But he kept on dribbling until he either lost possession or fell over. Very little end result, and barely any goals,

Drove me bleedin' mad.

We brought Craig Reid back last season and he was a shadow of the player we'd seen years before. However, that shouldn't rule us out from re-signing former players. I'd love to have Mark Byrne, Ryan Jackson, Rhys Healey, David Tutonda and Alex Samuel back. Maybe even Sid Nelson ?

Ado wrote:We brought Craig Reid back last season and he was a shadow of the player we'd seen years before. However, that shouldn't rule us out from re-signing former players. I'd love to have Mark Byrne, Ryan Jackson, Rhys Healey, David Tutonda and Alex Samuel back. Maybe even Sid Nelson ?

Healey, Byrne and Nelson yes...the rest....including Foley , not for me