Carlisle

Hi All

I am going to Carlisle on saturday and staying overnight.Can any one tell me where we will be drinking before game.I have been on football away grounds site and they say The Beehive pub which is by ground
Thanks

Re: Carlisle

You'll be fine in the Beehive. Also, the Club Bar and, in fact, anywhere. Carlisle is my second team having lived so long in Cumbria – no glory hunter! Of course, there are a few United idiots just like any Club. However, I've only seen problems in games involving Leeds (sorry Russpitbull) - which reinforced my boyhood impressions of them in the 60/70s - and Hartlepool, which always seemed strange considering the hospitality in the club bar at Hartlepool.
It’s always been delight to go to our games at Carlisle – like a dream after so many years out of the League . Having drunk together, I split from my Cumbrian mates, join you Guys and exchange waves (sometimes with a friendly “V” considering our record against Carlisle) across the barrier. We moved house across the Pennines a few years ago but I still go to Carlisle games when County are not in the Midlands/North or I’m in Monmouthshire.
The best game was when Butchers team stole the game. I had to leave early (Taff remonstrated me on the way past), had to push the stewards to let me out (perhaps they thought that I intended to cause WWIII), all because my Cumbrian mates were pissed off and ready to return to my old village and were giving me a lift to watch England v Wales in the world cup. Yes, we’re egg ball people as well. Did I make some noise, along with an Irish guy, in the village pub when we effectively knocked England out of the World Cup. We stole 2 games that day and I was jokingly told to never return to Cumbria.
Back to this Saturday. I’ll be on the train from County Durham along with United supporters from the North East. I’ll join up with Cumbrian mates and this time we’ll be eating in the club restaurant. Unfortunately, I’ll not be joining you Guys – too much like hard work explaining to the Stewards – but look closely in the stand opposite you. I’ll be wearing a large hat with blue and amber colours. I couldn’t find a hat with more amber in it. Rest assured that I would be with you and more serious if this happened to be a more important game.

DavidRhys96 wrote:For some reason I have decided to do the crazy 11 hour round trip from London for this game. Looking forward to one last big away day with the Amber Army to celebrate what has all in all been a great season :cheers:
Credit to you for that. Was planning to go up myself (from Surrey) as a previous trip up there had gone OK. But the trains are slightly compromised due to BH weekend and from memory think the last train back is around 17.54 !!! So reluctantly decided to give it a miss..

rgds Dave

Last year we intended eating at the Beehive but it was very busy (it's a big place) and the waiting times were mental.

But fear not - there's a wonderful bakery across the road, a bit nearer to the ground.