Should he stay or should he go?

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... f=mr&lp=12

STRIKER Frank Nouble will be “delighted” if he is offered the chance to stay at Newport County AFC.

The 26-year-old, who joined the Exiles on a one-year deal last summer, has had his best ever season in front of goal, finding the net 10 times in all competitions.

Negotiations between Nouble and the club over a new contract have started and the former West Ham man reckons it won’t be too long before there is an outcome.

“I’ve enjoyed my year so if I’m here again I’ll be delighted,” he said. “I see a few of the boys have already signed and I think there’s a couple of other players who are out of contract.

“Obviously I’ll be on that list but we’re talking with the club and hopefully something will get sorted out.

“I’m pretty sure something will be sorted out very soon.

“I think it’s best for everyone and I don’t want to have a long summer thinking about where I’m going to be or where I’m going to go.

“I’m pretty much settled, I’ve got two kids here in Newport, so hopefully something will get sorted out.

“I’ve had a good year and I’m happy to be here so we’ll see.”

Re: Should he stay or should he go?

I dare say there are a lot of exasperated supporters pondering this.

I kept thinking “There’s a good player lurking in there somewhere” but after a year he still doesn’t quite show enough to convince me we’ll ever get any more than what we’ve seen.

My answer on whether I want him to stay or go depends on how high up the wage bill he is. I suspect he’s towards the top.

Personally I see the quality in him but it's been all too rarely seen . At the level we're at and the type of league it is we can't afford to play with 10 men and carry people more often than not .
His work ethic during games just doesn't justify a new contract for me . If only you could put some of podge' s work rate in him .

I actually think his work rate is ok, it's just ....misdirected.

There is another striker who until recently was failing to live up to his potential. He spent too much time out wide on the pitch despite his manager telling him to occupy the middle of the field.

That man was Mohammed Salah. So there's still hope :)

owlsabout wrote:JonD misdirected explain??? And comparing with mo salah crying here .
Oh I know. I laughed too. But we all probably remember examples of players who "woke up" one day and changed their game for the better.

Re: "misdirected" - Nouble's left wing cameos have *some* value, in that he pulls the opposition defense out of shape. That's a good thing, I think, but we don't have the nippy midfielders to exploit this space. So his efforts are in vain. It end up looking like he is playing for himself, like my mate at school who never passed (Hi Keith!).

JonD wrote:
owlsabout wrote:JonD misdirected explain??? And comparing with mo salah crying here .
Oh I know. I laughed too. But we all probably remember examples of players who "woke up" one day and changed their game for the better.

Re: "misdirected" - Nouble's left wing cameos have *some* value, in that he pulls the opposition defense out of shape. That's a good thing, I think, but we don't have the nippy midfielders to exploit this space. So his efforts are in vain. It looks like he is playing for himself, like my mate at school who never passed (Hi Keith!).
This!