Re: Should he stay or should he go?

I had really hoped TOE would turn out to be that man.

So thinking about GSB's comment, given we don't have the team to capitalize (and assuming we aren't signing any high intensity midfielders), Nouble's strengths essentially become a team weakness. Maybe he needs to go.

I clearly haven't a clue :)

County#9 wrote:He's had 14 clubs for a reason . Other supporters lol. They don't watch him every week .
Not really correct.
County is his eight club.
The rest were loans most in one season.
If you count loans Paul Hayes has 16
Padraig 10
Frank is 4 years younger than Amond.
Scored 9 this season from out wide
Padraig 12 from the centre.
Franks best season ever.
Most talented player we have seen for many a year.
No brainer we keep Amond and Frank.

JonD wrote:I actually think his work rate is ok, it's just ....misdirected.

There is another striker who until recently was failing to live up to his potential. He spent too much time out wide on the pitch despite his manager telling him to occupy the middle of the field.

That man was Mohammed Salah. So there's still hope :)
Agree in part.

I think Frank is never going to score much more than 10 goals a season. He is also totally inept with his head and will never be a target man.

However he can and does hold the ball up well. Now if someone could be coached to make runs into the channel Frank creates and if Frank could be coached to pass the ball I think that he could have a very useful role.

He takes on defenders from out wide he is a striker Guys if that is what you want from a striker well we are in trouble my opinion on a striker is to lead the line and wait for it score goals , the reason we have not made playoffs is because our top scorer as 13 goals then our nx best 12 and frank 10 , come off it chesterfield striker 21 goals and they are bottom . Imo podge cd get 20 plus if he dont have to do two guys work. Just needs a good striker / strikers with him and frank not the answer iam afraid.

owlsabout wrote:He takes on defenders from out wide he is a striker Guys if that is what you want from a striker well we are in trouble my opinion on a striker is to lead the line and wait for it score goals , the reason we have not made playoffs is because our top scorer as 13 goals then our nx best 12 and frank 10 , come off it chesterfield striker 21 goals and they are bottom . Imo podge cd get 20 plus if he dont have to do two guys work. Just needs a good striker / strikers with him and frank not the answer iam afraid.
I agree with you entirely he is not a striker. My view is that playing behind a front two and the ball being played to his feet I think he could be very useful.

Let's be honest guys and it was summed up we wouldn't be having this debate if it was a no brainer . The guy is 6 ft plus and cant win a header . Gladstone small could win more headers than him . He's lazy simple as . Does it every now and again and that's simply not enough . He's probably one of the top earners and for me doesn't justify it .

County#9 wrote:Let's be honest guys and it was summed up we wouldn't be having this debate if it was a no brainer . The guy is 6 ft plus and cant win a header . Gladstone small could win more headers than him . He's lazy simple as . Does it every now and again and that's simply not enough . He's probably one of the top earners and for me doesn't justify it .
Totally disagree
Tracks back for every corner and clears further than any defender when the ball goes near him with his head.
Cracking header in his Chesterfield hat trick.
Won loads last Saturday in the air.
plays out wide and wingers do not use their heads anyway.
Bollocks that he is lazy also.
Sign him up Flynny we need a bit of class as well as effort.
Apart from McCoulsky against Leeds best goal of the Season Saturday.
Nobody else in the squad could have done that volley

There is another striker who until recently was failing to live up to his potential. He spent too much time out wide on the pitch despite his manager telling him to occupy the middle of the field.

great, is he joining us ? ;-)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Agree in part.

I think Frank is never going to score much more than 10 goals a season. He is also totally inept with his head and will never be a target man.

However he can and does hold the ball up well. Now if someone could be coached to make runs into the channel Frank creates and if Frank could be coached to pass the ball I think that he could have a very useful role.
Problem is Stan is that his final delivery or "killer ball" ability is not up to scratch either...Not sure that can be coached...

So how many headers has he scored or won when we've had a corner or a free kick in the box ? As a wide man (as you say) isn't he supposed to be be in our box from other teams corners ? . I'm sure if you look at the county squad it says striker !!! And I find you've gone from chesterfield game start of season to last Saturday straight away .

Tracks back (crying here) if you call ambling tracking back I give up .

Wingers don't use their heads . I'll have to read rule book and see if it's an offence not to. !!