Re: Should he stay or should he go?

somerton moss wrote:Frank has had about 8 reasonable and 2 very good games in the season. The guy is poor in the air, not physical enough, plays as a winger when he is an out and out striker. Does not score enough.
Played beginning of the season and went missing for about 5 months starts playing again mid April when he needs to impress for any chance of a contract. How can we let Bird move on and keep Nouble.
Cannot believe that he deserves a contract and some on here thinks he does.
Amond has shown what work rate and commitment is needed by a striker.
Why does he play as a winger.
Simple Flynny tells him too
Scored 6 from out wide.
The one time for 45 minutes he plays up front he gets 3 cracking goals including a header.
Not Franks fault but Flynny etc playing him out wide.
we can all see that's wrong possibly except our management.
Amond has worked his balls off but just got him 3 more goals playing every game down the middle.

jollysuperstar wrote:
somerton moss wrote:Frank has had about 8 reasonable and 2 very good games in the season. The guy is poor in the air, not physical enough, plays as a winger when he is an out and out striker. Does not score enough.
Played beginning of the season and went missing for about 5 months starts playing again mid April when he needs to impress for any chance of a contract. How can we let Bird move on and keep Nouble.
Cannot believe that he deserves a contract and some on here thinks he does.
Amond has shown what work rate and commitment is needed by a striker.
Why does he play as a winger.
Simple Flynny tells him too
Scored 6 from out wide.
The one time for 45 minutes he plays up front he gets 3 cracking goals including a header.
Not Franks fault but Flynny etc playing him out wide.
we can all see that's wrong possibly except our management.
Amond has worked his balls off but just got him 3 more goals playing every game down the middle.

Flynny doesn't tell him to play on the wing, Frank drifts out there.
I think I'd keep him as on his day he really is a quality player but theres a reason why he has had so many clubs at his age and genuinely think if we had a better partner for Amond, he'd score 20+ goals.
Just as long as he doesn't keep your mate Jackson :lol:

I think that the decision needs to include consideration of factors of which supporters have little knowledge. In particular how much he is paid and the availability of a replacement who may be better.

Taking his performances in isolation of these other factors I would say get rid,.He's a dead end who is unlikely to get any better and we need more goals than he is likely to give us judging by his career history and not just what he has done with us.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:£500 a week + £1500 a goal.

Sing for your supper

???? Is that what you’d think we should offer ?? Good god, I hope your not involved in any contract negotiations?? Lol

I appreciate that the Chesterfield game was a one off , but he’d ave earned 5 grand that week !!

20 goals a season and we’d be bang in trouble !!
Don't be ridiculous..... if he turned such an offer down, it would show that he is content to earn money by NOT doing what he's paid to do.
If he accepted such an offer, a 20 goal season would give him around £56,000 per year, just over a grand a week ; probably what he's on already.
If he went on a blinder, and hit 30 goals, he'd earn £71,000......and guess what, at 30 goals he'd be WORTH that amount !

His only reason to turn down such an offer is that he had insufficient faith in his own ability.....but his earning potential should be down to his own efforts.

...."so don't you think you're capable of getting 20 goals in 4th Div football Frank? "...... but you still want us to pay you for not delivering yeah?
Lots of people have livelihoods that are dependent on their ability to deliver what is expected of them.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:£500 a week + £1500 a goal.

Sing for your supper

???? Is that what you’d think we should offer ?? Good god, I hope your not involved in any contract negotiations?? Lol

I appreciate that the Chesterfield game was a one off , but he’d ave earned 5 grand that week !!

20 goals a season and we’d be bang in trouble !!
Don't be ridiculous..... if he turned such an offer down, it would show that he is content to earn money by NOT doing what he's paid to do.
If he accepted such an offer, a 20 goal season would give him around £56,000 per year, just over a grand a week ; probably what he's on already.
If he went on a blinder, and hit 30 goals, he'd earn £71,000......and guess what, at 30 goals he'd be WORTH that amount !

His only reason to turn down such an offer is that he had insufficient faith in his own ability.....but his earning potential should be down to his own efforts.

...."so don't you think you're capable of getting 20 goals in 4th Div football Frank? "...... but you still want us to pay you for not delivering yeah?
Lots of people have livelihoods that are dependent on their ability to deliver what is expected of them.
He wouldn't take it because there's a chance he blows his knee out during a pre-season friendly and is on £500 a week for 12 months.