Hopes For Today's Results

Without being able to offer a rational explanation as to why, I'm hoping Barnet will take the points against Chesterfield today. This could seal Morecambe's fate because at the top end of the table it appears that Coventry will not want to drop any points against Morecambe as Mansfield are in the wings and certain to throw everything at Crawley in order to get into the play-off's at Coventry's expense. But who knows? It's a funny old game! And best wishes to County at Carlisle.

Re: Hopes For Today's Results

I hope Morecombe stay up. Best pies in the football league :lol: . Plus I like Ellison!

Barnet are a bogeyside for us, more so than Morecombe I'd say. Plus I wouldn't mind nabbing Akinde from them if they go down.

Saying that it would speak volumes if Westley all but relegated two teams in two seasons but a decent manager saved them.

Caerleon Exile wrote:I hope Morecombe stay up. Best pies in the football league :lol: . Plus I like Ellison!

Barnet are a bogeyside for us, more so than Morecombe I'd say. Plus I wouldn't mind nabbing Akinde from them if they go down.

Saying that it would speak volumes if Westley all but relegated two teams in two seasons but a decent manager saved them.

Same reason I'd like Morecambe to stay up. I fear for Barnets future if they go down though with their crowds.

For me all supporters of lower division teams are much of a muchness. Every team has a few unpleasant dickhead supporters, but the overwhelming majority are just like everyone else. For whichever team loses it's league status today, for the fans it will be horrible. For those of us who remember the late 1980's it's a fate that most of us wouldn't wish on our worst enemy.

Unless of course our worst enemy supported either Forest Green Rovers or MK Dons. :grin: