Re: Where has all the money gone ?????

wattsville_boy wrote:Am I the only one on here that saw the loss in the latest accounts and put it down to sacking two sets of Managers (Feeney and Westley) and their entourage and players they either bought in or paid off.

That'll be where the money went...
I think you're missing the point. Newport County are a fans owned club. Gavin Foxall is the chairman. He has questions to answer and frankly is putting two fingers up to the supporters/owners.

To be clear, nobody as far as I am aware believes Mr Foxall is in any way dishonest. However I do believe that his behaviour is utterly unacceptable.

Virtually every interview that Flynn has recently given he bemoans the limited funds available for next season. Either he is getting his excuses in early or he is genuinely surprised at his budget being lower than expected. I think it is the latter.
Good to see that since Santwris and Ward were elected that they have delivered to their commitment of improved communications!
Two days before a scheduled Supporters meeting and still no official news as to whether it is on or off, inaction that suggests either utter contempt for us all, or another ruse to avoid Gavin facing the electorate.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:Am I the only one on here that saw the loss in the latest accounts and put it down to sacking two sets of Managers (Feeney and Westley) and their entourage and players they either bought in or paid off.

That'll be where the money went...
I think you're missing the point. Newport County are a fans owned club. Gavin Foxall is the chairman. He has questions to answer and frankly is putting two fingers up to the supporters/owners.

To be clear, nobody as far as I am aware believes Mr Foxall is in any way dishonest. However I do believe that his behaviour is utterly unacceptable.
I don't disagree that Gavin Foxall's behaviour to fans is unacceptable but this thread is not about that - it is about unfounded rumours that County's finances are in trouble. If you wish to comment on Gavin Foxalls contempt for the supporters please start a thread under that name

wattsville_boy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I don't disagree that Gavin Foxall's behaviour to fans is unacceptable but this thread is not about that - it is about unfounded rumours that County's finances are in trouble. If you wish to comment on Gavin Foxalls contempt for the supporters please start a thread under that name
I don't agree. Gavin Foxall is the chairman of Newport County. As such if there are legitimate questions to be asked about financial matters at our club he is the person with responsibility to answer those questions.

It therefore follows that his nonattendance at supporters meetings or the cancellation of such meetings without notice are matters inextricably linked.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... s-meeting/

At our Thursday board meeting we decided to push the date to confirm the content.

Sorry for not being transparent but we're duty bound not to release any information until officially communicated by the club.
I will also not comment on rumour, conjecture or conspiracy theory. All will become clear at the meeting for which I hope you will all attend.

Ryan Courtney UTC

Interesting that very few seem to care that our manager from reports is stating that he has little if any funds available despite a profit of £700K from the cup.
Does that make him a doom monger also?
we were promised 4 supporter meetings during the season.
Thanks to all the board and that includes the new additions we have not had the 4 meetings.
Interestingly Shaun stated that Flynny would be at the 4th to answer questions.
Without the cup run possibly we would now be going bust?
Maybe somebody could spare a few minutes to explain where the funds are currently lying.
Not just the cup run but the Evans money needs accounting for.
Anyway the majority appear 100% happy that Flynny has little funds and nobody on the board can be bothered to keep us supporters up to date.
Obviously crossed so thanks Ryan for getting back to those interested.
Look forward to finally getting a date albeit after the season has finished.
Think more openness required as if somebody had not raised the point on here would we have been informed before Thursday?
Last edited by jollysuperstar on May 8th, 2018, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.