Re: Where has all the money gone ?????

rncfc wrote:Does anybody think there are 4 or 5 individuals anywhere within our supporter base who have the time required to dedicate this sort of commitment to the club?

I personally don’t, which means either we accept the haphazard way certain things happen at the moment or try and try and initiate a change.

If we’ve just come through our biggest earner of all time and have precisely nothing to show for it as some are suggesting, I personally will become very vocal on trying to move us away from fan ownership, in spite of a lot of good work being done in the community (presumably this could continue anyway as a specific objective).
That's interesting.

I disagree with you because I genuinely believe that the future for clubs like County is fans ownership. But I agree that up until now the model seems not to be giving long term security.

However having twice bought shares to save my club if it were to be returned to private hands, whilst I would still support County I would only ever part with money for a ticket.

During my 40 year working life I would probably had had about 2 hours to give the County Mon -Fri. Full-time employment meant early starts and late finishes, and a wife , several children and elderly parents taking the rest of my waking hours (the maintenance of the house, garden and car aleays taking a back seat on an 'as and when basis'). Saturday was always for playing football and then after the 'wrap around' enjoyment of watching the County (when my legs had given up paying. Sunday was family time. Those two hours I could have done on County business would not necessarily have fitted in with any timed agenda. That is why I have never tried to get involved with the County other than enjoying being a fan - I thank all those who can and do put their time and effort into my club.
Now if I were involved and only had 2 hours then this is what I would do with my time - I would try to max. it out by man-marking some of the most regular contributors on this board (who obviously care and have more time than I would). So as a board member I would contact say the guy who was Harps (and who must have had at least 10 spare hours a week with the time he spent on this very board) and say, Einstein (who also has a lot to say) and a few others and get them to report into me. They would each be given a task/job/ project that was signed off by the board as being an integral strand of the overall strategy for the club. Each week they could take up some of my spare time providing me with an update on progress against their activity (I would offer support and advice) and we would also agree at the end of our meetings what the status of their activity was - they could go away and communicate where they are in their task to other Trust members/fans even on here. When it got to an end point I.e.making a recommendation or asking for a green light to deliver the next stage then I would help them to put a presentation/ business case together so that tbey could present it to the Board.
So with a Harps/Einstein and 3 others in tow I could turn my 2 hours into about 30 Hours worth of constructive effort and they could also keep all members involved and updated of their efforts and progress (taking on board members feedback and advice so as to keep it real, AND if each board member could do the similar then we would be flying.

Fourthousand wrote:During my 40 year working life I would probably had had about 2 hours to give the County Mon -Fri. Full-time employment meant early starts and late finishes, and a wife , several children and elderly parents taking the rest of my waking hours (the maintenance of the house, garden and car aleays taking a back seat on an 'as and when basis'). Saturday was always for playing football and then after the 'wrap around' enjoyment of watching the County (when my legs had given up paying. Sunday was family time. Those two hours I could have done on County business would not necessarily have fitted in with any timed agenda. That is why I have never tried to get involved with the County other than enjoying being a fan - I thank all those who can and do put their time and effort into my club.
Now if I were involved and only had 2 hours then this is what I would do with my time - I would try to max. it out by man-marking some of the most regular contributors on this board (who obviously care and have more time than I would). So as a board member I would contact say the guy who was Harps (and who must have had at least 10 spare hours a week with the time he spent on this very board) and say, Einstein (who also has a lot to say) and a few others and get them to report into me. They would each be given a task/job/ project that was signed off by the board as being an integral strand of the overall strategy for the club. Each week they could take up some of my spare time providing me with an update on progress against their activity (I would offer support and advice) and we would also agree at the end of our meetings what the status of their activity was - they could go away and communicate where they are in their task to other Trust members/fans even on here. When it got to an end point I.e.making a recommendation or asking for a green light to deliver the next stage then I would help them to put a presentation/ business case together so that tbey could present it to the Board.
So with a Harps/Einstein and 3 others in tow I could turn my 2 hours into about 30 Hours worth of constructive effort and they could also keep all members involved and updated of their efforts and progress (taking on board members feedback and advice so as to keep it real, AND if each board member could do the similar then we would be flying.
Cool story bro.

Fourthousand wrote:During my 40 year working life I would probably had had about 2 hours to give the County Mon -Fri. Full-time employment meant early starts and late finishes, and a wife , several children and elderly parents taking the rest of my waking hours (the maintenance of the house, garden and car aleays taking a back seat on an 'as and when basis'). Saturday was always for playing football and then after the 'wrap around' enjoyment of watching the County (when my legs had given up paying. Sunday was family time. Those two hours I could have done on County business would not necessarily have fitted in with any timed agenda. That is why I have never tried to get involved with the County other than enjoying being a fan - I thank all those who can and do put their time and effort into my club.
Makes sense.

County#9 wrote:So April's meeting minutes makes for interesting reading regarding finances .
Seeing as you started this thread and have now referred to the April meeting minutes, are you able to post a link to the minutes, or perhaps summarise the points regarding the finances?

I've looked on the official site and Trust site but there's no minutes for April posted.

Edited - Apologies, I've just seen the other thread posted yesterday.

Assuming that the minutes are accurate, and I think that they are, we should be worried. If the Cup run and the transfer fees received are merely 'plugging the gaps' then clearly sooner or later and probably sooner, it is all going to blow up.

It seems to me that as those in charge intend to give a presentation at the next supporters meeting that once again the supporters will be asked to bail out the club. If that is the case then in my view a full explanation needs to be given. Whilst not well supported we have a fair view clubs with lower attendances than us in League 2. Furthermore the Cup run success alone increased our income by more than 100% from gate receipts and our total turnover by over 35%.

It follows that the real reason for our financial problems is that we are living well beyond our means. The fact that the team manager and a substantial amount of the first team are connected to a single agency is worrying. Far too cosy.

As I say, if the club want people to stump up again then they will need to stop using the tired excuse of financial sensitivity and let us the supporters and owners know exactly what went wrong and how they intend to ensure that it doesn't go wrong again.