Re: Where has all the money gone ?????

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:Wasn't it announced at the last Supporters' meeting that the proceeds from the Cup run, around £700k had been deposited in a seperate account ?
It was announced that the next supporters meeting was on the 10th of May. Confirmed when?

Oh dear. Just as well I didn't book the flights. Experience has taught me, sadly, that when it comes to being reliable Newport County make Homer Simpson seem the very model of proberty.
Are you saying the statement was incorrect?

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:Wasn't it announced at the last Supporters' meeting that the proceeds from the Cup run, around £700k had been deposited in a seperate account ?
It was announced that the next supporters meeting was on the 10th of May. Confirmed when?

Oh dear. Just as well I didn't book the flights. Experience has taught me, sadly, that when it comes to being reliable Newport County make Homer Simpson seem the very model of proberty.
Are you saying the statement was incorrect?

No.

I am saying that saying something is not the same as it necessarily being accurate. Unfortunately Newport County AFC have form for saying things that in the event turn out to be inaccurate. Once this happens an unfortunate byproduct is that whether what is being said is accurate or not it is impossible to gauge.

Luckily on this occasion I have no doubt that on Thursday Gavin will chair the supporters meeting and lay this unfortunate rumour to rest.

whoareya wrote:Perhaps the money hasn't 'gone' - perhaps it has been budgeted and spent, rather than sit on the bottom line as profit and then subject to Corporation Tax to HMRC.

So many naive comments - we don't have any aggressive creditors demanding payment so as long as we service bank debt and rent then it is prudent to distribute turnover - why would the club keep it in tge company account and make itself liable to tax payments?

But people would rather think that the directors collect all the gate receipts in a big bucket and share it out amongst themselves.

As mad norm said - season over, let the bollocks commence.
Going okay until paragraph 3.

That's a ridiculous statement!!!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:I can't see for one moment why he would want to withdraw his comment, it's obviously what some are thinking and he hasn't mentioned no names so why should he?
Because nobody has written or implied that Gavin is dishonest. However you yourself have propagated that they have. Which is a slur on the people who post on this board.
Oh i must have dreamt about the comments about director's in designer gear then, silly me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Confirmed by Rob Sant that it's cancelled for the 10th.
Which only leaves two possibilities.

Firstly that there is a struggle going on for our club. Secondly that the new directors have given up.

I hope to God it is the former. Time I think for Rob, Kevin and the other new directors to let the fans know which it is.
(Cue Eastenders drums)

Or there is a perfectly sensible reason why the meeting isn't taking place.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Confirmed by Rob Sant that it's cancelled for the 10th.
Which only leaves two possibilities.

Firstly that there is a struggle going on for our club. Secondly that the new directors have given up.

I hope to God it is the former. Time I think for Rob, Kevin and the other new directors to let the fans know which it is.
(Cue Eastenders drums)

Or there is a perfectly sensible reason why the meeting isn't taking place.
But if that is the case what is the perfectly sensible reason that the fans are simply not informed of what that reason might be?

Edit.

Seriously, how often do you have to be treated as a fool before you too realize that enough is enough?