Re: Where has all the money gone ?????

Is it really hard to work out???

We sold season tickets a year ago for next to nothing then we moved our club offices to spytty. This increased expenditure and minimised income was always going to catch up with us.

The club has the most off field staff it has ever had, everyone of them in their branded clothes paid for by the club. The academy has had hundreds of kids leave and we have had refunds given to parents.

I believe the community team have their own offices also, do the club contribute to that?

With players on two year contracts, the MF pay-rise, ticket offerings at home games, staff payoffs etc etc etc, we probably have less than 100k of that cup money left.

Surely it’s time for the trust to tell us shareholders the state of our club going into next season. A bad start to next season and we are in really big trouble financially.

Remember, it takes just one person to start a 'rumour' simply by putting the word rumour into a message. It's been done before on this board. Remember the one about us playing home games at Forest Green? Could be out of malice or boredom. Others then stoke the fire. We now have a statement that we sold season tickets for next to nothing. Not true. I bought mine at the same price as the previous year. There were a limited number at a special offer price. The overall sales were higher and the total was then boosted by the January 'half seasons'. Isn't that good business. Yet someone will use it to stir up bad feeling.

Cornish Exile wrote:Wasn't it announced at the last Supporters' meeting that the proceeds from the Cup run, around £700k had been deposited in a seperate account ?
It was announced that the next supporters meeting was on the 10th of May. Confirmed when?

Oh dear. Just as well I didn't book the flights. Experience has taught me, sadly, that when it comes to being reliable Newport County make Homer Simpson seem the very model of proberty.

Perhaps the money hasn't 'gone' - perhaps it has been budgeted and spent, rather than sit on the bottom line as profit and then subject to Corporation Tax to HMRC.

So many naive comments - we don't have any aggressive creditors demanding payment so as long as we service bank debt and rent then it is prudent to distribute turnover - why would the club keep it in tge company account and make itself liable to tax payments?

But people would rather think that the directors collect all the gate receipts in a big bucket and share it out amongst themselves.

As mad norm said - season over, let the bollocks commence.

whoareya wrote:
But people would rather think that the directors collect all the gate receipts in a big bucket and share it out amongst themselves.
I have many criticisms of the way Newport County AFC has been run under the stewardship of Gavin Foxall.

However I have never suggested or for one moment believed that his actions have ever been motivated by financial impropriety.

In those circumstances I would invite you to withdraw your obnoxious comment and apologize for your outrageous slur.