Re: Where has all the money gone ?????

Willthiswork wrote:They do keep us up to date. They are in charge of OUR business. They are OUR representatives. They can't always allow every bit of information go public as it may weaken the club. This isn't a computer game where you have no real loss. Let these people do the best for OUR club without constant whinging and moaning.
Thank you

Ryan Courtney UTC

Willthiswork wrote:They do keep us up to date. They are in charge of OUR business. They are OUR representatives. They can't always allow every bit of information go public as it may weaken the club. This isn't a computer game where you have no real loss. Let these people do the best for OUR club without constant whinging and moaning.
But they don't until somebody brings up the questions on this forum, why is that whinging or moaning.
Not a lot to ask for is it?

jollysuperstar wrote:
But they don't until somebody brings up the questions on this forum, why is that whinging or moaning.
Not a lot to ask for is it?
When there is something relevant and timely to say the club do communicate.

However the supporters meeting was scheduled for 10th May. Two days before that date and only after pressure on this board are we now informed that the meeting will be on the 23rd May.

I am sorry that you believe that having saved the club from oblivion that those fans complaining about being treated like idiots is whinging and moaning. And you wonder why the club are so poorly supported.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
However the supporters meeting was scheduled for 10th May. Two days before that date and only after pressure on this board are we now informed that the meeting will be on the 23rd May.

I am sorry that you believe that having saved the club from oblivion that those fans complaining about being treated like idiots is whinging and moaning. And you wonder why the club are so poorly supported.
Pressure from this board??? Deluded!

Trust OUR club, they said there would be a post-season meeting and there is one.

More whinge and moan - let OUR representatives do their job without constant negativity.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Pressure from this board??? Deluded!

Trust OUR club, they said there would be a post-season meeting and there is one.

More whinge and moan - let OUR representatives do their job without constant negativity.
If you banned me for calling someone a perfect idiot don't you think you should ban yourself for calling me deluded?

Hypocrite.

westsider wrote:Good news that we now know the date and time of the meeting. I'll be there, presumably Stan and theale will also be there to put their many questions, or will be emailing them to the club in advance (plenty of time to get them in). Don't moan about GF not attending if you can't be bothered to do so yourself (no excuses).
I will be on my honeymoon. Hopefully the club will reimburse the cost of my flights on the 10th May though.

Edit.

Oh and that's five meetings the chairman of the club has missed or have been cancelled without notice. But hey ho mus'n't moan.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
westsider wrote:Good news that we now know the date and time of the meeting. I'll be there, presumably Stan and theale will also be there to put their many questions, or will be emailing them to the club in advance (plenty of time to get them in). Don't moan about GF not attending if you can't be bothered to do so yourself (no excuses).
I will be on my honeymoon. Hopefully the club will reimburse the cost of my flights on the 10th May though.

Edit.

Oh and that's five meetings the chairman of the club has missed or have been cancelled without notice. But hey ho mus'n't moan.
Hilarity,
No parity,
With your words
To reality.

I don’t believe you purchased tickets specifically for the 10th of May meeting.

Triangle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Edit.

Hilarity,
No parity,
With your words
To reality.

I don’t believe you purchased tickets specifically for the 10th of May meeting.
Of course I didn't. Do you think I would be so stupid as to believe that the meeting would take place? I mean as I said to Cornish Newport County AFC have form for saying things that aren't accurate.

I think people ask too much as a shareholder you are entitled to an AGM which is what we get. Otherwise we apppint directors to run the club with significant executive authority as in any other company. They cannot not should they spend all their time updating shareholders with every little detail,
Anything significant should be communicated via a trading / information up date which as far as I see it happens,
Shareholders can change this - stand for election or propose changes to the way in which the directors are able to act to be debated / voted at the AGM.
This rather than moaning is the way to facilitate change. That said the directors don’t help themselves at times rearranging / postponing meetings but I guess the majority have full time jobs / family to fit in,

County ranger wrote:I think people ask too much as a shareholder you are entitled to an AGM which is what we get. Otherwise we apppint directors to run the club with significant executive authority as in any other company. They cannot not should they spend all their time updating shareholders with every little detail,
Anything significant should be communicated via a trading / information up date which as far as I see it happens,
Shareholders can change this - stand for election or propose changes to the way in which the directors are able to act to be debated / voted at the AGM.
This rather than moaning is the way to facilitate change. That said the directors don’t help themselves at times rearranging / postponing meetings but I guess the majority have full time jobs / family to fit in,
Just to clarify we are not shareholders. We are trust members. The club is run by the trust. The trust needs its members to fund their ongoing involvement. So yes I would think on that basis there is rightly an expection that we are informed of what is going on more often than at the AGM.

County ranger wrote:I think people ask too much as a shareholder you are entitled to an AGM which is what we get. Otherwise we apppint directors to run the club with significant executive authority as in any other company. They cannot not should they spend all their time updating shareholders with every little detail,
I disagree.

Where you are correct is that the directors of our club are elected to run the club. Therefore they are clearly acting in that role in having the freedom to make decisions. That is not in dispute.

However having made the decisions where I feel very let down is that those decisions are not communicated. It goes without saying that I will neither agree with every decision or disagree with every decision that any board of directors will make. To properly decide who to vote for when it comes to board elections every one of us needs to know what people have done and why.

Without that sense of inclusion my view is that more and more supporters will lose interest. If people are included they will, again in my view, put up the cash. Without that sense of inclusion I suspect that if the club do have to go cap in hand to the supporters, many of those supporters will simply say no.

Think about it. The club not prepared to tell you what is going on. The club demand that new directors sign non disclosure agreements. The club fail to hold promised supporters meetings. The chairman simply doesn't ever turn up to those meetings when they do take place. Now in those circumstances when the club come to me as they did three years ago. And indeed 30 years ago and say, "trust us and give us your hard earned". This time my response and I suspect the response of many others will be "not a f@cking chance".

Does anybody think there are 4 or 5 individuals anywhere within our supporter base who have the time required to dedicate this sort of commitment to the club?

I personally don’t, which means either we accept the haphazard way certain things happen at the moment or try and try and initiate a change.

If we’ve just come through our biggest earner of all time and have precisely nothing to show for it as some are suggesting, I personally will become very vocal on trying to move us away from fan ownership, in spite of a lot of good work being done in the community (presumably this could continue anyway as a specific objective).