Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

rncfc wrote:
whoareya wrote:So how many supporters attended? Were there plenty of difficult questions asked by the posters who regularly post on here?

Was CB there, or even mentioned? LOLZ......
Seeing as there is nothing up on here, I'm guessing everyone must have attended.

From the blog it sounds like most decided not to say or ask any questions then?

I think what you’ll find is, due to the fact that there are so many people on our BOD that are either regular posters on here or used to be, that most of the questions and grumblings aired on here had been preempted, and the answers/information was included in the presentation given, so it sort of takes the thunder away from those who intended to ask pointed questions, and removing the possibility of the BOD having to face uncomfortable questions in public, something that was to be expected especially now we have a very astute gentleman and media guru on the BOD, this isn’t a criticism of any sort, in fact it’s a compliment, as I now feel we have turned a corner and finally added some professionalism to the way our club is operating.
Good signs.

Instead of having a pop at other contributors lets get some facts on here.
Firstly the major worry announced last night was that the Trust raised a meagre £30K against costs of £2.2 million!
Clearly as stated by various board members this cannot continue as we were the lowest revenue raiser using this trust model.
The worry again as stated was that the club cannot rely on Cup runs each season plus a big transfer fee coming along.
That is why they asked the question.
It appears that trust membership fees will need to be raised considerably or maybe another share issue organised.
The promise of putting the £700K from the cup run is now dead and buried as stated by the board.
There was no need for anybody to kick off as virtually every board member got involved in the dialogue.
I had good dialogue with Rob, Ryan, Kevin & Gavin who did a good job as did Shaun last night.
You may also be interested to know that there will be no money coming from Evans via his recent transfer or International caps, this came directly to me from Gavin.
If he had remained at Wolves we would of obtained a fee for International appearances.
The Commercial lady was reported as being very unwell and will not be returning for a little while longer.
The board have stepped in though to cover.
What seems to be a major stumbling lock is the ever increasing charges being levied on the club by the WRU.
Anyway a far better meeting last night with the best turnout of the 4 this season.
Finally why not save yourself £50 by purchasing your season ticket before the end of the month.
Everything will be closed during June as we move into sharing the Rugby facilities under the Bisley.
Forgot to state we have £40K in the bank and the only debt is still paying Scadding.

jollysuperstar wrote:Instead of having a pop at other contributors lets get some facts on here.
Firstly the major worry announced last night was that the Trust raised a meagre £30K against costs of £2.2 million!
Clearly as stated by various board members this cannot continue as we were the lowest revenue raiser using this trust model.
The worry again as stated was that the club cannot rely on Cup runs each season plus a big transfer fee coming along.
It appears that trust membership fees will need to be raised considerably or maybe another share issue organised.
The promise of putting the £700K from the cup run is now dead and buried as stated by the board.
There was no need for anybody to kick off as virtually every board member got involved in the dialogue.
I had good dialogue with Rob, Ryan, Kevin & Gavin who did a good job as did Shaun last night.
You may also be interested to know that there will be no money coming from Evans via his recent transfer or International caps, this came directly to me from Gavin.
If he had remained at Wolves we would of obtained a fee for International appearances.
The Commercial lady was reported as being very unwell and will not be returning for a little while longer.
What seems to be a major stumbling lock is the ever increasing charges being levied on the club by the WRU.
Anyway a far better meeting last night with the best turnout of the 4 this season.
Finally why not save yourself £50 by purchasing your season ticket before the end of the month.
Everything will be closed during June as we move into sharing the Rugby facilities under the Bisley.
Forgot to state we have £40K in the bank and the only debt is still paying Scadding.

That's not right, it's £30k for a club with a turnover of £2.2m.

Was expecting a barrage of questions aimed at GF but, surprise surprise, this never materialised. Though I guess it's easier to do so on here than to his face. :roll: :lol:

Exile 1976 wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Instead of having a pop at other contributors lets get some facts on here.

Was expecting a barrage of questions aimed at GF but, surprise surprise, this never materialised. Though I guess it's easier to do so on here than to his face. :roll: :lol:
Apologies you are correct which equates to 1.5% totally meagre contribution although every £10 plus donations will be appreciated it will not get us anywhere unfortunately.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Apologies you are correct which equates to 1.5% totally meagre contribution although every £10 plus donations will be appreciated it will not get us anywhere unfortunately.

You're right. Really disappointed by the figure quoted but not surprised. Somehow we've got to ensure we get much more money coming in if we are to just survive, let alone thrive.

faerun exile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Let me get this straight, are you saying Gavin was there and he wasn't asked one single awkward question?
Seems that way. Were you expecting anything different ?
To be honest, yes I was expecting a deluge of questions. There has been such a concerted effort by a select few on this forum to question and undermine Gavin that I thought he was in for a real uncomfortable night. I was particularly expecting a grilling over the Redwood affair and tribunal fees, but it seems there was nothing.

Watching football is too bloody expensive full stop. I am an average Joe I guess in terms of supporting my team. Have a season ticket and so does my son, family trust membership, do the subscription draw and County lottery. Comes to about £550 (excluding away games - prob another £500-600 on top for that).

No way I would be able to contribute any more. I know its comparing apples with pears but just looked and a season ticket for an adult and U16 at Cardiff next season is £450 for tidy mid range seats (£50 more than comparative seats at RP). Its what we are up against in terms of attracting punters.

Next season it will be tough trying to coax my boys football mates into coming to watch us v Mansfield or Crewe when they can watch Man U etc at legoland.