Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

newgroundrodney wrote:Serious question with our elderly / infirm supporters in mind, with the proliferation of street robbery & muggings in the whole station, riverfront, underpass areas lately, IS IT SAFE to hang around those areas after the meeting is over?
As a pensioner, it's certainly making me think twice about attending. We have to walk from the bus station to RP and back again and I'm trying to work out if it may be safer to walk across the road rather than use the underpass because likely as not we'll be alone. The bus station itself is another issue! I don't want my life to be ruled by fear and be unable to go places I want to, but I would also like to stay safe.

Re: Questions asked?

countymadbel wrote:What questions will you be asking tonight guys :shock: :shock:
And the main reason I don't want to miss the meeting. So many questions have been put, or alluded to on the messageboard that I would hate to miss hearing them asked in the meeting and finding out what the answers will be.

westsider wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Serious question with our elderly / infirm supporters in mind, with the proliferation of street robbery & muggings in the whole station, riverfront, underpass areas lately, IS IT SAFE to hang around those areas after the meeting is over?
As a pensioner, it's certainly making me think twice about attending. We have to walk from the bus station to RP and back again and I'm trying to work out if it may be safer to walk across the road rather than use the underpass because likely as not we'll be alone. The bus station itself is another issue! I don't want my life to be ruled by fear and be unable to go places I want to, but I would also like to stay safe.

I’ll be heading back towards Cwmbran after. Would be happy to drop you to the station or home if you’re up that way if it means you can attend. Can’t get you there but happy to help you get back

Colin Faulkner wrote:
westsider wrote:

I’ll be heading back towards Cwmbran after. Would be happy to drop you to the station or home if you’re up that way if it means you can attend. Can’t get you there but happy to help you get back
That is really kind, thank you but I think we've more or less decided that we'll taxi home so we should be at the meeting. It's good to know that there are thoughtful people about - we read so much about the scum of Newport!!!! Thank you again.