Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... s-meeting/

Newport County AFC will be holding an Open Supporters Meeting on Wednesday 23rd May 2018 in the Bisley Suite, Rodney Parade. The meeting will begin at 7pm and finish at 9.30pm. (Doors open 6.30pm).

There will be a presentation from the Club and then a presentation from the Supporters Trust Board before we open for questions from the floor.

Can’t attend the meeting?

You can still ask a question by sending your question via email to office@newport-county.co.uk. All questions must be received by 3pm on Tuesday 22nd May 2018. Please include your name on the email.

You will also be able to follow the Meeting Live with our Live Blog on the website.

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Willthiswork wrote:https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... s-meeting/

Newport County AFC will be holding an Open Supporters Meeting on Wednesday 23rd May 2018 in the Bisley Suite, Rodney Parade. The meeting will begin at 7pm and finish at 9.30pm. (Doors open 6.30pm).

There will be a presentation from the Club and then a presentation from the Supporters Trust Board before we open for questions from the floor.

You can still ask a question by sending your question via email to office@newport-county.co.uk. All questions must be received by 3pm on Tuesday 22nd May 2018. Please include your name on the email.

You will also be able to follow the Meeting Live with our Live Blog on the website.
For this meeting to be of any relevance the information needs to be given out beforehand to enable a proper and balanced debate to take place.

No more little old ladies calling out 'disgraceful' at anyone not prepared to kiss arse. No more 'meeting is over no more questions'. Time surely for a bit of honesty?

We are all entitled to our opinions. I respect the right of some people to make it clear that they have had a gutsful of me. I trust that those people will likewise respect my feeling that I have had a gutsful of the total lack of respect shown to supporters by the club.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

For this meeting to be of any relevance the information needs to be given out beforehand to enable a proper and balanced debate to take place.

No more little old ladies calling out 'disgraceful' at anyone not prepared to kiss arse. No more 'meeting is over no more questions'. Time surely for a bit of honesty?

We are all entitled to our opinions. I respect the right of some people to make it clear that they have had a gutsful of me. I trust that those people will likewise respect my feeling that I have had a gutsful of the total lack of respect shown to supporters by the club.
Have you ever attended one of these meetings? I've attended most and not heard any real debate on anything. For the most part they are pretty pointless other than for one or two to get something off their chests. I think your comment about little old ladies is quite offensive (and I'm not easily offended). I'm little, I'm old, I'm female and have never called anyone disgraceful but I reserve the right for my comments to be considered as valid as anyone else's, should I choose to make comment. If people ask sensible questions, they deserve a proper answer but all of us have a right to opinion and to voice it if we wish. You have the opportunity to ask your questions or make your comments prior to the meeting (contact details above) rather than comment on the unofficial messageboard.

westsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Have you ever attended one of these meetings? I've attended most and not heard any real debate on anything. For the most part they are pretty pointless other than for one or two to get something off their chests. I think your comment about little old ladies is quite offensive (and I'm not easily offended). I'm little, I'm old, I'm female and have never called anyone disgraceful but I reserve the right for my comments to be considered as valid as anyone else's, should I choose to make comment. If people ask sensible questions, they deserve a proper answer but all of us have a right to opinion and to voice it if we wish. You have the opportunity to ask your questions or make your comments prior to the meeting (contact details above) rather than comment on the unofficial messageboard.
Speaking as an old man, I have lived long enough to know that unless you know information in advance meetings are pointless.

And that I am an old man is a matter of fact which doesn't offend me. Being old is better than the alternative. Also if my comments offend you you are easily offended. Although to be honest, another advantage of age, you sound as if you're effecting false outrage.

Westsider.
Firstly its very good to have female contributors on here.
Stan albeit not possibly in attendance got it sort of correct.
One lady (no idea how tall as she was sat down did actually shout at one of our new Directors Rob S "Disgraceful" as he had dared to publish on here a former directors statement.
She was out of order and the majority in the room told her so.
You are correct in that very little is brought up at these meetings.
I will go as I want to know from GF if he turns up or one of those delegated to speak if Flynny is correct in stating he has very little in the way of funds for next season.
By the way has Alex now departed as he was the only person in previous meetings to come across eloquently so we may be back to a lot of hums and ahrs.

jollysuperstar wrote:Westsider.
One lady (no idea how tall as she was sat down did actually shout at one of our new Directors Rob S "Disgraceful" as he had dared to publish on here a former directors statement.
I will go as I want to know from GF if he turns up or one of those delegated to speak if Flynny is correct in stating he has very little in the way of funds for next season.
By the way has Alex now departed as he was the only person in previous meetings to come across eloquently so we may be back to a lot of hums and ahrs.
I was going to answer Stan's comment but I'll do a two in one! I was at that meeting and heard what went on - I'm not going to go back over that as it's old ground. It's a pleasure being a fairly lone female voice on a football forum (as far as I know!). My beef with Stan is not that I'm offended so much by the 'little old lady' comment per se - I'm disappointed at the way in which it was used - his comment appeared to be very superior as in 'a little old lady shouldn't be commenting' manner. He may not have meant it that way but that is the way it came over - one of many problems of not having non-verbal clues as to a person's meaning I guess. I presume that Stan was at the meeting so can comment first hand on what happened.

westsider wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Westsider.
I was going to answer Stan's comment but I'll do a two in one! I was at that meeting and heard what went on - I'm not going to go back over that as it's old ground. It's a pleasure being a fairly lone female voice on a football forum (as far as I know!). My beef with Stan is not that I'm offended so much by the 'little old lady' comment per se - I'm disappointed at the way in which it was used - his comment appeared to be very superior as in 'a little old lady shouldn't be commenting' manner. He may not have meant it that way but that is the way it came over - one of many problems of not having non-verbal clues as to a person's meaning I guess. I presume that Stan was at the meeting so can comment first hand on what happened.
You should have used the word assume not presume. You would be wrong in your assumption and wrong also that you are a lone female voice. Being an old man I really couldn't care less whether you're disappointed or not. Wouldn't dream of saying old women don't have every right to comment on this board or anywhere else. But neither do old women get special treatment from me when they talk nonsense. :grin:

Exile 1976 wrote:
Kevin Ward wrote:For clarity, Alex has not yet left the club and will be in attendance on the 23rd.

For clarity, can you confirm that Gavin Foxall will be in attendance ...
I was once co-defending in Snaresbrook Crown court. I remember the other defence barrister asking a devastating question of a prosecution witness and wishing I'd thought to ask it.

For clarity, reading your post and question I felt exactly the same. :grin:

You should have used the word assume not presume. You would be wrong in your assumption and wrong also that you are a lone female voice. Being an old man I really couldn't care less whether you're disappointed or not. Wouldn't dream of saying old women don't have every right to comment on this board or anywhere else. But neither do old women get special treatment from me when they talk nonsense. :grin:[/quote]

Last comment from me - you should read more carefully - I did not say I was a lone female voice - I said 'fairly' lone. I never assume - but I guess that isn't a particularly important issue. I cannot argue with a superior being such as yourself who assumes that anyone who holds a contrary opinion to you is 'talking nonsense'. Sometimes it's not what you say, it's the way it's said that can be misinterpreted - or maybe you do mean it. Actually I can argue, but can't be bothered.

I seriously dont get this the Club calls an open meeting and yet people still want to critise the Club

As I have said before I was on the Union Brach sec we would get people slagging off the Union but when the time came to attend meetings to ask question more often than not the meeting couldnt go ahead the
quorum wasnt meet and the amount of times I was elcted unopposed
Go figure

westsider wrote:You should have used the word assume not presume. You would be wrong in your assumption and wrong also that you are a lone female voice. Being an old man I really couldn't care less whether you're disappointed or not. Wouldn't dream of saying old women don't have every right to comment on this board or anywhere else. But neither do old women get special treatment from me when they talk nonsense. :grin:
Last comment from me - you should read more carefully - I did not say I was a lone female voice - I said 'fairly' lone. I never assume - but I guess that isn't a particularly important issue. I cannot argue with a superior being such as yourself who assumes that anyone who holds a contrary opinion to you is 'talking nonsense'. Sometimes it's not what you say, it's the way it's said that can be misinterpreted - or maybe you do mean it. Actually I can argue, but can't be bothered.[/quote]

For whatever reason, Saints be praised. :grin:

UPTHEPORT wrote:I seriously dont get this the Club calls an open meeting and yet people still want to critise the Club

As I have said before I was on the Union Brach sec we would get people slagging off the Union but when the time came to attend meetings to ask question more often than not the meeting couldnt go ahead the
quorum wasnt meet and the amount of times I was elcted unopposed
Go figure
Jim,

Two points.

Firstly if you call a meeting for the 10th May and two days beforehand change the date it is not only a cause of potential inconvenience but in addition it is rude and makes the club look amateurish.

Secondly and more importantly. If you want to be inclusive and have those attending the meeting engaged then it would be a good idea to tell the supporters what the meeting is about. As it stands all that is likely to happen is that Gavin's 'resignation' will be announced and a group of talking heads will inform everyone of how different, how exactly the same, things will now be.

I don't expect County to arrange matters for my convenience. However had the meeting been on the 10th I would have attended. Ryanair would have sold me the tickets far more cheaply in April to fly from Knock to Bristol. Did I buy the tickets or did I conclude that a disorganized amateur rabble would fail in the relatively simple task of organizing a supporters meeting?

That Jim is why I don't believe this is good enough. Perhaps others are just attention seeking. 8)