Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1852

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby whoareya » May 9th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I don't expect County to arrange matters for my convenience. However had the meeting been on the 10th I would have attended. Ryanair would have sold me the tickets far more cheaply in April to fly from Knock to Bristol. Did I buy the tickets or did I conclude that a disorganized amateur rabble would fail in the relatively simple task of organizing a supporters meeting?

That Jim is why I don't believe this is good enough. Perhaps others are just attention seeking. 8)





Why would you attend - have you forgotten your farewell speech?

"So farewell. I will continue to support from afar, but as I will only be watching County once a season or so I don't think I should be putting forward views when you, who will be enduring misery on a weekly basis will be so much better informed than me. I can't pretend either that for whatever reason the joy of watching County doesn't seem to have the same intensity as it once held.

I won't be at Anfield if we make it. I will try to get to the Plymouth game.

County ' til I emigrate, etc, etc.

Stan."
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9632

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Stan A. Einstein » May 9th, 2018, 1:15 pm

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I don't expect County to arrange matters for my convenience. However had the meeting been on the 10th I would have attended. Ryanair would have sold me the tickets far more cheaply in April to fly from Knock to Bristol. Did I buy the tickets or did I conclude that a disorganized amateur rabble would fail in the relatively simple task of organizing a supporters meeting?

That Jim is why I don't believe this is good enough. Perhaps others are just attention seeking. 8)





Why would you attend - have you forgotten your farewell speech?

"So farewell. I will continue to support from afar, but as I will only be watching County once a season or so I don't think I should be putting forward views when you, who will be enduring misery on a weekly basis will be so much better informed than me. I can't pretend either that for whatever reason the joy of watching County doesn't seem to have the same intensity as it once held.

I won't be at Anfield if we make it. I will try to get to the Plymouth game.

County ' til I emigrate, etc, etc.

Stan."


You really are an angry unpleasant fellow, aren't you?
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1852

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby whoareya » May 9th, 2018, 5:14 pm

I have decided that, until further notice, you are only worthy of three word responses.


Pot kettle black
User avatar
User

Mr Figo

Posts

679

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Mr Figo » May 9th, 2018, 6:14 pm

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I don't expect County to arrange matters for my convenience. However had the meeting been on the 10th I would have attended. Ryanair would have sold me the tickets far more cheaply in April to fly from Knock to Bristol. Did I buy the tickets or did I conclude that a disorganized amateur rabble would fail in the relatively simple task of organizing a supporters meeting?

That Jim is why I don't believe this is good enough. Perhaps others are just attention seeking. 8)





Why would you attend - have you forgotten your farewell speech?

"So farewell. I will continue to support from afar, but as I will only be watching County once a season or so I don't think I should be putting forward views when you, who will be enduring misery on a weekly basis will be so much better informed than me. I can't pretend either that for whatever reason the joy of watching County doesn't seem to have the same intensity as it once held.

I won't be at Anfield if we make it. I will try to get to the Plymouth game.

County ' til I emigrate, etc, etc.

Stan."


Everyone has a comeback in them - Elvis, Sinatra, Stan.... :lol:
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Posts

339

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Jimmy Exile » May 10th, 2018, 12:01 am

whoareya wrote:I have decided that, until further notice, you are only worthy of three word responses.


Pot kettle black


hi. He is best ignored. The guy is a total embarrassment. He has called me thick so many times but as you say, pot kettle and black. never known anyone to get so many things wrong
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

5335

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby pembsexile » May 10th, 2018, 6:49 am

Jimmy Exile wrote:
whoareya wrote:I have decided that, until further notice, you are only worthy of three word responses.


Pot kettle black


hi. He is best ignored. The guy is a total embarrassment. He has called me thick so many times but as you say, pot kettle and black. never known anyone to get so many things wrong



I'll tell you what Jimmy - perhaps you are best ignored. Anyone who posts a PM telling someone to get f***ed and you'll post what you like should probably be ignored in the wider context of a messageboard. By the way, I can't read the last two words of your pm to me because it has been asterisked out probably due to the fact that it contains swear words.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Posts

339

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Jimmy Exile » May 11th, 2018, 12:08 am

pembsexile wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:
whoareya wrote:I have decided that, until further notice, you are only worthy of three word responses.


Pot kettle black


hi. He is best ignored. The guy is a total embarrassment. He has called me thick so many times but as you say, pot kettle and black. never known anyone to get so many things wrong



I'll tell you what Jimmy - perhaps you are best ignored. Anyone who posts a PM telling someone to get f***ed and you'll post what you like should probably be ignored in the wider context of a messageboard. By the way, I can't read the last two words of your pm to me because it has been asterisked out probably due to the fact that it contains swear words.


Still crying over that PM are you? little tip for you, if you don't want to be told to get fcked then don't PM people with pompous messages asking them not to post things.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

5335

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby pembsexile » May 11th, 2018, 6:48 am

Jimmy, oh Jimmy. Crying over a PM eh? I think not. All I asked you to do was not include me when you said that everyone knows that Redwood is an idiot. You don't speak for me. I don't know that he is an idiot. I wish I could make the same statement for others on this messageboard.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Posts

339

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Jimmy Exile » May 11th, 2018, 4:58 pm

pembsexile wrote:Jimmy, oh Jimmy. Crying over a PM eh? I think not. All I asked you to do was not include me when you said that everyone knows that Redwood is an idiot. You don't speak for me. I don't know that he is an idiot. I wish I could make the same statement for others on this messageboard.


bore off.
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Posts

392

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Fourthousand » May 11th, 2018, 10:56 pm

jollysuperstar wrote:Westsider.
Firstly its very good to have female contributors on here.
Stan albeit not possibly in attendance got it sort of correct.
One lady (no idea how tall as she was sat down did actually shout at one of our new Directors Rob S "Disgraceful" as he had dared to publish on here a former directors statement.
She was out of order and the majority in the room told her so.
You are correct in that very little is brought up at these meetings.
I will go as I want to know from GF if he turns up or one of those delegated to speak if Flynny is correct in stating he has very little in the way of funds for next season.
By the way has Alex now departed as he was the only person in previous meetings to come across eloquently so we may be back to a lot of hums and ahrs.


I would want/expect our Manager to be given a budget that we can afford. I expect that he, like other managers, would always want more for the playing side. I expect some fans to bemoan the fact that the budget (any budget) isn't big enough to be 'competitive'- however it is our Board's responsibility to manage the stewardship and interests of the club and not jeopardise it's very existence by caving in to Manager/disgruntled fans by gambling our future with money we don't have. This is where I will support them100% (tight financial control) - they will lose that support should they loose control of finances during this new season. So this year they really need to address this with updates - I don't need the detail just a monthly snapshot of cashflow together with a monthly year end P/L forecast or view. If they can't do this they do not have an handle on the business nor controls in place.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Posts

339

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Jimmy Exile » May 12th, 2018, 6:21 pm

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I don't expect County to arrange matters for my convenience. However had the meeting been on the 10th I would have attended. Ryanair would have sold me the tickets far more cheaply in April to fly from Knock to Bristol. Did I buy the tickets or did I conclude that a disorganized amateur rabble would fail in the relatively simple task of organizing a supporters meeting?

That Jim is why I don't believe this is good enough. Perhaps others are just attention seeking. 8)





Why would you attend - have you forgotten your farewell speech?

"So farewell. I will continue to support from afar, but as I will only be watching County once a season or so I don't think I should be putting forward views when you, who will be enduring misery on a weekly basis will be so much better informed than me. I can't pretend either that for whatever reason the joy of watching County doesn't seem to have the same intensity as it once held.

I won't be at Anfield if we make it. I will try to get to the Plymouth game.

County ' til I emigrate, etc, etc.

Stan."


Did stan really post that? Lololol the guy has no credibility at all
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

7777

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby lowandhard » May 12th, 2018, 11:01 pm

As I posted on a now deleted thread, this board would be a damned site more interesting if posters just played the ball rather than the man. It’s getting tedious and imho petty squabbling should be relegated to a new part of the board called “ kindergarten corner “ or similar.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5802

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby George Street-Bridge » May 13th, 2018, 7:47 am

IMHO it's very interesting to see who holds their opinions consistently over time and what posters' tracks records are on some subjects.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9632

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Stan A. Einstein » May 13th, 2018, 10:44 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:IMHO it's very interesting to see who holds their opinions consistently over time and what posters' tracks records are on some subjects.


I agree. That said there is rather little point in having a discussion board unless people can accept that they might be wrong.

I have been wrong on a number of occasions. Whereas others are never wrong.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Posts

339

Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Postby Jimmy Exile » May 13th, 2018, 11:03 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:IMHO it's very interesting to see who holds their opinions consistently over time and what posters' tracks records are on some subjects.


I agree. That said there is rather little point in having a discussion board unless people can accept that they might be wrong.

I have been wrong on a number of occasions. Whereas others are never wrong.


Hi. Did you think you were wrong in publishing Anthony redwoods one sided and unfair version of events, especially when he had huge things wrong like the beer sold at the county.

do you accept you caused needless trouble and that it wasn’t worth it and that your source had sold you down the river? I am wrong about many things being just a thick bar man but I’ve never seen you admit you are wrong
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: butlinsamber, ComeOnCounty, County Exile, Dos, Percy plunkett, robaldo, Stan A. Einstein, SULLY34 and 71 guests

Powered by phpBB ®