League two Players released list

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

1252

Re: League two Players released list

Postby Willthiswork » May 9th, 2018, 8:03 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:Samuel has probably been found out, panics in front of goal and falls over too easily. I liked Chris Whelpdale when Stevenage beat us recently, a lot of their best play went through him.


Agree with Whelpdale but only saw him in one game and he is 31.
User avatar
User

JonD

Posts

1432

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: League two Players released list

Postby JonD » May 9th, 2018, 8:33 am

I had to laugh at someone on the Port Vale messageboard bemoaning the "over the hill but under contract for next season" players they can't get rid of, describing them as "the turds we can't flush".
User avatar
User

JonD

Posts

1432

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: League two Players released list

Postby JonD » May 9th, 2018, 8:37 am

Snowman wrote:Samuel had lots of energy but he didn't score very many when he was here.

We should be looking for better players than him now


I agree with your first point. His asset was of course that he ran defenders ragged. For example, last year in away games at Crewe and Carlisle the home fans were raving about him. Certainly his injury at Carlisle changed the game that day. So he scores practically nothing but given the right players around him I do believe he could be a real asset.
User avatar
User

rdh2210

Posts

254

Re: League two Players released list

Postby rdh2210 » May 9th, 2018, 10:32 am

post updated
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

16678

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: League two Players released list

Postby UPTHEPORT » May 9th, 2018, 10:53 am

Lambe always looks a tidy player didn't we have him on trial here
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

1252

Re: League two Players released list

Postby Willthiswork » May 9th, 2018, 11:38 am

no avatar
User

jamiedharris

Posts

63

5 Newport players released

Postby jamiedharris » May 9th, 2018, 11:38 am

Hayes, Jackson, Jahraldo-Martin and Turley released.

Bittner's playing contract not renewed - expected to stay in a coaching role.

Labadie, Tozer, Nouble - discussions still ongoing.

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... e_players/
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Posts

3643

Re: League two Players released list

Postby wattsville_boy » May 9th, 2018, 1:40 pm

I hadn't realised we'd already got rid of Barnum-Bobb.

So two strikers (I realise that's a loose term in the case of Jackson), two defenders and the reserve goalkeeper. Doesn't strike me as an exercise in getting rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and perhaps explains the rumour of little money to spend in the run-up to the new season. There won't be money available if you keep the same squad intact.
User avatar
User

rdh2210

Posts

254

Re: League two Players released list

Postby rdh2210 » May 9th, 2018, 2:47 pm

I did hear a rumour (and I do stress it is a rumour) that Bristol Rovers are very keen on signing Joe Day. That would bring in cash to use and save the club wages on somebody who is probably our highest paid player at the club?
If that is the case we could be looking for 2 new keepers this season?!
no avatar
User

jollysuperstar

Posts

79

Re: League two Players released list

Postby jollysuperstar » May 9th, 2018, 3:40 pm

wattsville_boy wrote:I hadn't realised we'd already got rid of Barnum-Bobb.

So two strikers (I realise that's a loose term in the case of Jackson), two defenders and the reserve goalkeeper. Doesn't strike me as an exercise in getting rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and perhaps explains the rumour of little money to spend in the run-up to the new season. There won't be money available if you keep the same squad intact.

Would love to have your list of all the "dead wood" left in the squad, bearing in mind apart from Labs, Ben T and big Frank they are all under contract for next year. :lol:
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

1739

Re: League two Players released list

Postby Percy plunkett » May 9th, 2018, 4:54 pm

Campbell-Ryce skinned Ben White twice to snatch a win for Barnet in November.Westley let him go and now Carlisle don't want him.Funny old game.
no avatar
User

chris p

Posts

160

Re: League two Players released list

Postby chris p » May 9th, 2018, 5:20 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Lambe always looks a tidy player didn't we have him on trial here


Every Welsh club should have a lamb so I agree get him in
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

7473

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: League two Players released list

Postby lowandhard » May 9th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:Campbell-Ryce skinned Ben White twice to snatch a win for Barnet in November.Westley let him go and now Carlisle don't want him.Funny old game.


This guy was running the game for Carlisle last Saturday until their manager inexplicably subbed him. Looks a class act.
User avatar
User

rdh2210

Posts

254

Re: League two Players released list

Postby rdh2210 » May 10th, 2018, 9:01 am

post updated
User avatar
User

JonD

Posts

1432

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: League two Players released list

Postby JonD » May 10th, 2018, 2:17 pm

lowandhard wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Campbell-Ryce skinned Ben White twice to snatch a win for Barnet in November.Westley let him go and now Carlisle don't want him.Funny old game.


This guy was running the game for Carlisle last Saturday until their manager inexplicably subbed him. Looks a class act.


A Carlisle fan says this about him. Expletive deleted. Maybe he was chasing a contract...

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - arrived in January, had a couple of ok games but spent too much time doing stepovers and trying to beat his man twice, and not enough time actually crossing the ******* thing.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baladabadi, big daddio, jonescmj1, Threadbare, worksop amber and 39 guests

Powered by phpBB ®