Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

George Street-Bridge wrote:I don't know the answer to this, but what would be the optimum point for any club to unveil a new main sponsor?
I would guess atleast before a World Cup where kids are gonna be desperate for football shirts but their local team is miles behind the international shirts and premier league shirts on offer right now. I’m going on holiday next week my son has the new French top. He would have had the New county one to go away if available. I will now probably wait till Xmas to get him a county kit which will probably be reduced because we missed the window of opportunity to make a killing off the back of this World Cup so kits will be reduced like last year cause we have so many in stock.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I don't know the answer to this, but what would be the optimum point for any club to unveil a new main sponsor?

Isn't there a questionnaire asking fans how they wish the future of the club to go ?

It would be nice if before someone answers it we have ALL the facts on how the BOD are doing on finances ?
Yes we are in a healthy position according to the last meeting but if we don't have a decent sponsor that would seriously effect MF's budget to attract new players . We cant be guaranteed that we will have a good cup run , sell any players etc so its down to the BOD and US FANS to generate funds for the club to continue in its current set up.A main sponsor and what that brings is a large part of this after TV money and gate monies....Or am I wrong ?

Sponsors sponsor football clubs not out of love for the club or football but because they believe that being associated with the club is good advertising. Unless the target audience have psychic abilities it would follow that the optimum time to reveal a sponsor is as soon as possible. I suspect also that the sponsor would want the club to reveal the home shirt a few weeks later and the away shirt a couple of weeks after that. This is what the Yanks call getting maximum bang for your buck.

I would have thought that whoever negotiates for County would seek to put in a clause for an enhanced payment for TV appearances if County get to the later rounds of a cup competition. That's the type of thinking that a good CEO understands and a poor one misses.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Sponsors sponsor football clubs not out of love for the club or football but because they believe that being associated with the club is good advertising. Unless the target audience have psychic abilities it would follow that the optimum time to reveal a sponsor is as soon as possible. I suspect also that the sponsor would want the club to reveal the home shirt a few weeks later and the away shirt a couple of weeks after that. This is what the Yanks call getting maximum bang for your buck.

I would have thought that whoever negotiates for County would seek to put in a clause for an enhanced payment for TV appearances if County get to the later rounds of a cup competition. That's the type of thinking that a good CEO understands and a poor one misses.
The best of all Stan! Phil is gonna Phil his his slippers.

UPDATED to include the signings of Fraser Franks & Jamille Matt :

Joe DAY (GK)
David PIPE
Dan BUTLER
Joss LABADIE(?)
Mark O'BRIEN
Mickey DEMETRIOU
Robbie WILLMOTT
Matt DOLAN
Padraig AMOND
Josh SHEEHAN
Scott BENNETT
Lamar REYNOLDS
Jay FOULSTON
Mamadou TOURAY
Fraser FRANKS
Jamille MATT
*** vacancy ***
*** vacancy ***

*** vacancy ***
*** 2nd Choice Goalkeeper ***
Loan No.1 - as required
Loan No.2 - as required
Loan No.3 - as required
Loan No.4 - as required
Loan No.5 - as required

newgroundrodney wrote:UPDATED to include the signings of Fraser Franks & Jamille Matt :

Joe DAY (GK)
David PIPE
Dan BUTLER
Joss LABADIE(?)
Mark O'BRIEN
Mickey DEMETRIOU
Robbie WILLMOTT
Matt DOLAN
Padraig AMOND
Josh SHEEHAN
Scott BENNETT
Lamar REYNOLDS
Jay FOULSTON
Mamadou TOURAY
Fraser FRANKS
Jamille MATT
*** vacancy ***
*** vacancy ***

*** vacancy ***
*** 2nd Choice Goalkeeper ***
Loan No.1 - as required
Loan No.2 - as required
Loan No.3 - as required
Loan No.4 - as required
Loan No.5 - as required
As it stands;

Day

Pipe
Franks
O'Brien
Demetriou ( Capt )
Butler

Sheehan
Bennett
Dolan

Matt
Amond

Willthiswork wrote:...and a 'keeper!
Worth taking a punt with 1 keeper this season if finances are tight ? Having said that the Franks and Matt signings suggest we may not be that skint after all.
Stick the Youth goalie on the bench to cover for match day emergencies. If Joe has a long term injury then bring a replacement keeper in at that point.
Joe did fine last season with no competition - nothing to suggest this will not be repeated this season.

faerun exile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:...and a 'keeper!
Worth taking a punt with 1 keeper this season if finances are tight ? Having said that the Franks and Matt signings suggest we may not be that skint after all.
Stick the Youth goalie on the bench to cover for match day emergencies. If Joe has a long term injury then bring a replacement keeper in at that point.
Joe did fine last season with no competition - nothing to suggest this will not be repeated this season.
He did fine. But only fine. He was ever present virtually and we shipped over 70 goals, which is in the region of average. If we want to actually CHALLENGE for anything, we need another keeper challenge Joe, not just cover Joe. No offence meant Joe by the way!