The 18/19 squad...so far

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

1326

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby Willthiswork » May 30th, 2018, 4:35 pm

News tomorrow...it's always on a Thursday!
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Posts

1847

Location

Taunton

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » May 31st, 2018, 6:40 am

Willthiswork wrote:News tomorrow...it's always on a Thursday!


Isn't the last day of the month significant for existing players offered new contracts, if so, news could be about Nouble, Labs or both.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5617

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby George Street-Bridge » May 31st, 2018, 9:24 am

Good call. It used to be that players freed who hadn't got fixed up by the end of June were entitled still to be paid until the end of July. Does the earlier transfer deadline bring that forward by a month?
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4116

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby Cornish Exile » May 31st, 2018, 7:21 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Good call. It used to be that players freed who hadn't got fixed up by the end of June were entitled still to be paid until the end of July. Does the earlier transfer deadline bring that forward by a month?


I thought players were given a month to decide, starting from the day they were offered contracts.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5617

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby George Street-Bridge » June 1st, 2018, 8:21 am

Dunno, it certainly makes sense for clubs to time-limit contract offers We've had so many managers I can't remember who it was reportedly withdrew the offer to Danny Holmes, but good on him.

What I'm wondering is whether a whole load of out-of-contract players will now come on the market a month earlier than they used to.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

972

Location

Newport

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby SULLY34 » June 1st, 2018, 10:11 am

Well we won't be signing Kristian Dennis, signed for Notts County.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13567

Location

MT

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby Exile 1976 » June 1st, 2018, 10:23 am

SULLY34 wrote:Well we won't be signing Kristian Dennis, signed for Notts County.



Wouldn't have been able to pay the rumoured £150k fee.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

972

Location

Newport

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby SULLY34 » June 1st, 2018, 10:36 am

Exile 1976 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Well we won't be signing Kristian Dennis, signed for Notts County.



Wouldn't have been able to pay the rumoured £150k fee.

They did mention that it was a significant fee! I imagine Akinde will stay in London. That's 2 great strikers at our level out of our reach.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

972

Location

Newport

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby SULLY34 » June 1st, 2018, 10:55 am

Cheltenham have made their 7th signing.
no avatar
User

jollysuperstar

Posts

105

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby jollysuperstar » June 1st, 2018, 12:00 pm

Anybody half decent and available will be getting sorted sooner than later.
Seriously concerned as looks like Frank & Labs have run out of time to sign up.
Both a big loss as far as I am concerned
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

972

Location

Newport

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby SULLY34 » June 1st, 2018, 12:10 pm

jollysuperstar wrote:Anybody half decent and available will be getting sorted sooner than later.
Seriously concerned as looks like Frank & Labs have run out of time to sign up.
Both a big loss as far as I am concerned

They're both after more money I guess. Butler and Bennett signed up almost immediately.
no avatar
User

DT1892

Posts

650

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby DT1892 » June 1st, 2018, 12:58 pm

SULLY34 wrote:Cheltenham have made their 7th signing.


Also lost two of their three best players, one to their local rivals, with the other likely to leave as well. Possibly spending the Eisa money before he's announced to be leaving?
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

972

Location

Newport

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby SULLY34 » June 1st, 2018, 1:15 pm

DT1892 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Cheltenham have made their 7th signing.


Also lost two of their three best players, one to their local rivals, with the other likely to leave as well. Possibly spending the Eisa money before he's announced to be leaving?

True, they're due a windfall when Eisa moves on.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5570

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby neilcork68 » June 6th, 2018, 10:11 am

Hoping for at least one signing / player resigning this week as we are in a worse position than the season just finished with Tozer , White and Jackson :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: all gone :wink:
User avatar
User

Ado

Posts

489

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

Postby Ado » June 6th, 2018, 11:58 am

Jackson going is a much better position ;o)
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amberexile, Bush, Stan A. Einstein and 48 guests

Powered by phpBB ®