Lamar Reynolds
Scot Bennett
Jay Foulston
Momodou Touray
Tom Owen-Evans
Mark O’Brien
Mickey Demetriou
Josh Sheehan

Discussions are currently ongoing with Joss Labadie, Ben Tozer and Frank Nouble in relation to the extension of their contracts. James Bittner is also in talks with regards to his coaching role at the Club.

Released

James Bittner
Paul Hayes
Marlon Jackson
Calaum Jahraldo Martin
Jamie Turley

Re: The 18/19 squad...so far

You can pretty much remove Reynolds,foulston, tourey and probably owen-evans from that list. I highly doubt any of them will be involved next season. So we have a squad of ten, two possible players who will sign a contract. And one who could sign. But won’t be fit till new year. Still looking at a big turnover in players this summer again.

Willthiswork wrote:Under Contract

Joe Day
David Pipe
Dan Butler
Robbie Willmott
Matty Dolan
Padraig Amond
Lamar Reynolds
Scot Bennett
Jay Foulston
Momodou Touray
Tom Owen-Evans
Mark O’Brien
Mickey Demetriou
Josh Sheehan

Discussions are currently ongoing with Joss Labadie, Ben Tozer and Frank Nouble in relation to the extension of their contracts. James Bittner is also in talks with regards to his coaching role at the Club.

Released

James Bittner
Paul Hayes
Marlon Jackson
Calaum Jahraldo Martin
Jamie Turley
I can see three of them being loaned out before the season starts

Actually releasing Bittner as a player but stating keenness he stays as GK coach moves his wages from the playing budget to the Managerial/coaching budget (if he agrees to stay on in that position).

On the youngsters I would be keen on Flynn playing at least one of them in every team. I believe doing so could see more youngsters attending games, as they want to see people they can identify with - kids that live in their area, or went to their school.

It won't happen but surely it should be an aspiration for a League 2 side to try out some of the better Academy players and see whether they could cut it. It could save some money or even make some money...

wattsville_boy wrote:Actually releasing Bittner as a player but stating keenness he stays as GK coach moves his wages from the playing budget to the Managerial/coaching budget (if he agrees to stay on in that position).

On the youngsters I would be keen on Flynn playing at least one of them in every team. I believe doing so could see more youngsters attending games, as they want to see people they can identify with - kids that live in their area, or went to their school.

It won't happen but surely it should be an aspiration for a League 2 side to try out some of the better Academy players and see whether they could cut it. It could save some money or even make some money...
Moving budgets is just shifting deckchairs on the titanic there is a finite amount of money. It would be great if we had academy players that were any good - I think Flynn made it clear towards end of season that they were not yet good enough / fit enough.
Academies play a volume game we have had some luck in recent years Evans / Poole but they were not County academy players from scratch they were other clubs cast offs that we got lucky with. Few academy players make it in the professional game.
Next season is a big season for Foulston and Touray if they are not in squad / team from start then clearly in Flynn’s opinion not good enough.

County ranger wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Talking of Poole, is his contract up this summer?
Could not near the Northampton first team highlights problems for young players Man U buy him just in case and then no doubt will cast him off. He may have been better staying in L2 but was he in same league as Ben White?
No, not in my estimation but looked a decent defender. Perhaps he has improved since he last played for us, he wasn’t that bad even then iirc. The question is a) do we need him?,and b) can we now afford him?

County ranger wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Talking of Poole, is his contract up this summer?
Could not near the Northampton first team highlights problems for young players Man U buy him just in case and then no doubt will cast him off. He may have been better staying in L2 but was he in same league as Ben White?
As much as I rated White when he first came he progressively got worse as the season progressed . That's not saying he was a poor player but he seemed to struggle more and got found out a few times..Whether that was down to having too many games or the fact that MF kept using him as a right back ??
Poole won't be as good as White in some aspects of his game but better than him in others but IMO he will easily be good enough to cope in League 2 going by what he looked like before he left us. he has almost a full year of coaching at Man Utd behind him and one year at a higher level than we play at.
I don't believe he would have been on silly money even at Man Utd as a 'Youth team player 'so yes I would take a chance if he was available.
Poole, Demetriou and AN Other with Pipe / AN Other and Butler as wing backs will be a good defence for us next year.......( I haven't said O'Brien or Pipe as first choice because of their injury / career/ age history of last season ) - O'Brien missed loads of games injured and Pipe wont play as much next season.
MF need to sort the midfield out because that is our Achilles Heal.....We miss a creative ball playing midfielder and a tough tackling ball winner who plays regularly with the other players we have as back up / support ...Sorry IMO we wont achieve much with players like Tozer , Dolan , Willmott , Owen-Evans and Bennett as your first choice midfielders...Slot one or two of them in with better players but not using four out of the five as your midfield unit...