Re: April's Meeting - Minutes

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Its not rocket science to see from the minutes that without the cup run and transfer fees we would be up the creek without a paddle.
Thankfully we did have a cup run and money for Evans.
The board can clearly visualise that things need changing hence these changes to keep the club surviving will be announced to those interested at the forthcoming meeting.
Clearly Flynny was correct in stating there will be little funds for next seasons improved squad!!
Where £700K profit from the cup run has been used certainly needs to be explained.
sure the board have answers hopefully acceptable answers to that question.
Appreciate that new directors Kevin, Rob & Ryan are happy to contribute on here.
Maybe others do but have no idea if that is so.
We certainly cannot rely on Cup runs and transfers to keep us in the league though.
Except it's not 'profit' is it? It is revenue. The assumption that people are making is that even with this extra revenue we can't accrue any savings in the bank. Therefore we are 'overrevving' so what is causing this, what are we doing about it and how are we going to control the budget to align with a 'normalised' season. No good going on a witchhunt - need to be much more professional than that otherwise the meeting will descend into backwards looking rather than forward looking solutions.
Can't agree. Asking questions is not a witch-hunt. For too long the people in charge have mismanaged the club finances. Every time questions are asked they are not answered, time and again we are told that how our money is spent is not a proper matter to discuss. Oh and then when it all goes pair shaped the club ask the supporters to bail them out again.

I genuinely hope that the new directors have the balls to front up, be honest and include the fan base in moving our club forward.
Can't agree with you as the meeting would turn into a witch hunt and very negative. We are all in this together and so we ask for the solution to stop spending more than we have - what is going to be done differently to ensure we work within budget going forward and what checks and balances are to be put into place. But of course you won't be there and doing something like washing your hair or getting married as an excuse.

Fourthousand I'd start by not sacking people for the sake of it then going to court and losing the unfair dismissal claims .

Look at the turnover of employees in the last couple of years and it's still happening now . Why are people leaving all the time must be a reason that we have a high turnover .

Let's all get on the same page instead of a them and us culture .

I'm not on a witch hunt at all I care about and love this club but things are obviously far from right .

Let's hope our new commercial manager is pulling all the stops out and working wonders at a crucial time of the year now in this department . .

Utc .

My view is that we are no different to any other league 2 team in terms of plugging the gap. There is a period every year between May and July where we have major outgoings and no incomings. Anyone who takes an interest in other football clubs will know that every Chairman bemoans the same issue and most clubs lose money each season. As an example , look at Chesterfield's debt, Accrington's debt to Andy Holt or Notts County's to Alan Hardy. The latter clubs have had significant cup runs and still their owners have had to shelve out hundreds of thousands of pounds. Incredibly Chesterfield's debt is an estimated £10m, yet In comparison we contribute just £40k (maybe less) through the rewards and benefits scheme. We have no other tangible revenue streams, unless people are stupid enough to share Redwood's assumption that we are owed hundreds of thousands of pounds for the copious amounts of beer the County faithful have consumed.

Despite the hysteria from a minority the meeting will probably say that short term we are stable, long term we are not unless investment is sought and found, but who does not honestly know that? Even if there is significant investment there are still no guarantees of success as Chesterfield will testify.

Alan G Bryant wrote:My view is that we are no different to any other league 2 team in terms of plugging the gap. There is a period every year between May and July where we have major outgoings and no incomings. Anyone who takes an interest in other football clubs will know that every Chairman bemoans the same issue and most clubs lose money each season. As an example , look at Chesterfield's debt, Accrington's debt to Andy Holt or Notts County's to Alan Hardy. The latter clubs have had significant cup runs and still their owners have had to shelve out hundreds of thousands of pounds. Incredibly Chesterfield's debt is an estimated £10m, yet In comparison we contribute just £40k (maybe less) through the rewards and benefits scheme. We have no other tangible revenue streams, unless people are stupid enough to share Redwood's assumption that we are owed hundreds of thousands of pounds for the copious amounts of beer the County faithful have consumed.

Despite the hysteria from a minority the meeting will probably say that short term we are stable, long term we are not unless investment is sought and found, but who does not honestly know that? Even if there is significant investment there are still no guarantees of success as Chesterfield will testify.
Well put and I agree 100%.

All we can do is wait for the meeting to find out if and what sort of financial crisis we are in , ive said it be before trust model was short term we need investment its not hard to see trust members are fewer award s and benefit s not worked for a reason or another , we need to look aonther model guys .

Out of interest Alan g Bryant is any of chesterfield debt due to the stadium/ wages they were paying when league 1 ?

We lost 350k last season and almost got relegated . This season we've made 900k plus and havnt got a pot to p*** in .

Something clearly isn't right and hasn't been for a long time but time and again we get the wool pulled over our eyes .

Best kit deal ever and we had 4 tenders but we've lost money on it and chose the worst possible one that is a million miles from us .

County#9 wrote:Out of interest Alan g Bryant is any of chesterfield debt due to the stadium/ wages they were paying when league 1 ?

We lost 350k last season and almost got relegated . This season we've made 900k plus and havnt got a pot to p*** in .

Something clearly isn't right and hasn't been for a long time but time and again we get the wool pulled over our eyes .

Best kit deal ever and we had 4 tenders but we've lost money on it and chose the worst possible one that is a million miles from us .
You and your football kits. I bet you’re a nightmare to go clothes shopping with.

County#9 wrote:Out of interest Alan g Bryant is any of chesterfield debt due to the stadium/ wages they were paying when league 1 ?

I don't know all the figs. and details but just look at the top line figs. being bandied about and it is no surprise to me that we have no cash. You say we lost 350k last year - take that away (it has to be paid) from the reported 700k extra this year leaves 350k - then if this year we were running similar to last then thete goes another 350k leaving zero. There were other bits and pieces but it doesn't amount to huge teserves and we still have to deal with cashflow (the barren summer months). Why is everyone thinking differently and so my premise remains - if we are are over gearing then what are we doing to address it? What project need to go on the back burner?

But then we must have had the cash to start with last year to have spent it in the first place. We were spending the previous years profit so many on here were saying a few weeks back. You can’t have it both ways - it can only be spent once!
Last edited by rncfc on May 10th, 2018, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Got to love kits when you GET THEM !!!

Fourthousand here's another thing why sign Lamar Reynolds and TOE on 2 year deals but not play them for basically a whole season then send them on Loan.

Why sign Paul Hayes and not be able to play him for months until January because he was registered to another club .

All this adds up it's not a witch hunt but you did ask .

County#9 wrote:Got to love kits when you GET THEM !!!

Fourthousand here's another thing why sign Lamar Reynolds and TOE on 2 year deals but not play them for basically a whole season then send them on Loan.

Why sign Paul Hayes and not be able to play him for months until January because he was registered to another club .

Ask the manager on team selection.

Listen MF has done a tremendous job on the budget he has but I'm sure he doesn't deal in whether a player has played for another club . Registrations etc.

You havnt answered my other points I notice .

If I was MF after this season and what the team have achieved and being told he's got the same budget I'd be asking some questions.

County#9 wrote:Got to love kits when you GET THEM !!!

In fairness all you are doing there is questioning the manager. If you read the redacted minutes it clearly states LL saying managers manage , coaches coach and directors should direct. All the board have done is back Mike in signing Lamar, Paul and extending Toms Contract. Are you saying the board should overrule MF on players?

Cornish Exile wrote:As someone who has followed County for more years than I care to admit, I ask, Has it ever been any different?
No it's never been any different. And it's 51 years I've been suffering.

However just because it's always been this way doesn't mean it always has to be. For me the emphasis thus far has been on how to stop wasting money. And I have no problem with that. However I believe that we need to generate more money. I am all in favour of all the schemes but for me the emphasis should be on getting more people to become supporters. Put bums on seats.

3,500 is disappointing as an average gate but not a disaster. An increase to 4,000 would be a massive step in the right direction. I don't pretend to know how to get 500 extra spectators of a Saturday. I suspect none of us do. However working together I see no reason we can't find a way. I don't think burying our heads in the sand and saying Newport doesn't want league football is the answer. I don't think failing to face up to the problems have done us any good.