Re: April's Meeting - Minutes

Exile 1976 wrote:
County#9 wrote:Exile 1976 I will do because after what owlsabout just pointed out I find it unbelievable.

This meeting is going to be a lively one ....
hi. I doubt it will be lively mate. all the conspiracy theory boys won't be asking. they will just snipe and snipe and snipe. boring as ****. could start an argument in a empty room.

Kevin Ward wrote:Apologies. My error re attendees at the Board meeting. As Rob Sant will confirm, he had given his apologies as he was out of the country.

Kevin, seeing as you have the thankless task of taking minutes, I would suggest that reference is made to the minutes of the previous meeting and that they were accepted as a true and accurate record.

Can't see anything about the actions from the previous meeting either:

Has there been any progress on Resource issues relating to new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Safeguarding
requirements were discussed. It was agreed to seek tenders from external contractors for both.

Also the Training ground building options to be considered following the recent fire with a replacement in place
ready for pre-season training at the end of June.

From experience, unless you have updates on actions then they disappear without trace, especially if the minutes are not recorded as being a true and accurate record.

whoareya wrote:
Kevin Ward wrote:Apologies. My error re attendees at the Board meeting. As Rob Sant will confirm, he had given his apologies as he was out of the country.

Kevin, seeing as you have the thankless task of taking minutes, I would suggest that reference is made to the minutes of the previous meeting and that they were accepted as a true and accurate record.

Can't see anything about the actions from the previous meeting either:

Has there been any progress on Resource issues relating to new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Safeguarding
requirements were discussed. It was agreed to seek tenders from external contractors for both.

Also the Training ground building options to be considered following the recent fire with a replacement in place
ready for pre-season training at the end of June.

From experience, unless you have updates on actions then they disappear without trace, especially if the minutes are not recorded as being a true and accurate record.
Very fair points.

Just to explain, I don't take the minutes at Board meetings. When they are available, I produce (with the agreement of the rest of the Board) a redacted set of minutes for publication. This was one of my (and others) election pledges - to publish minutes with elements of commercial confidentiality redacted.
Therefore, the published minutes are not a full set of minutes but a precis of the meeting.
The full minutes include confirmation of previous minutes as an accurate record, action points, matters arising etc as is usual for such meetings.
The published minutes for April have now been uploaded again to the website with the correct attendees. Again, apologies for the errors - entirely my fault.
Redacted minutes from the May 3 meeting will be published early next week and will include updates, where possible, on a number of the issues referred to in the April minutes.
I'll be at the May 23 meeting and happy to take any questions there.
Best regards
Kev

Jimmy exile are you real have you read the meeting minutes ?

Basically we're up s*** creek MATE . We're plugging the gap with the cup run money and the budget for MF is the same .

The best season we've had for a while . Cup run money / inflated hospitality prices / merchandise over cup games / Lee Evans money/ season tickets/ attendances up/ extra % on bar takings /ridiculous Academy kit and prices / best kit deal ever

We took over 900k plus Jimmy exile

AND WE'RE PLUGGING THE GAP !!!!!

County#9 wrote:Jimmy exile are you real have you read the meeting minutes ?

Basically we're up s*** creek MATE . We're plugging the gap with the cup run money and the budget for MF is the same .

The best season we've had for a while . Cup run money / inflated hospitality prices / merchandise over cup games / Lee Evans money/ season tickets/ attendances up/ extra % on bar takings /ridiculous Academy kit and prices / best kit deal ever

We took over 900k plus Jimmy exile

AND WE'RE PLUGGING THE GAP !!!!!
...and you would do what precisely to make it different/better? And then how are you going to make your solution work? And are you going to present this to the current Board members? And are you going to stand for election to ensure your blueprint is delivered ..or is it a case of you just shouting 'FIRE' ?

For what it's worth I think the key question(s) to the current Board are (?):
Do you know why we are 'overevving'(£) .
Have you identified the areas that need to be addressed to bring the revenue and costs in line.
Are there plans in place to address these areas and what are they.
What 'project's are at risk because lack of funding
What measures and financial reporting is there in place to ensure that there is tight fiscal control throughout the next season i.e.to work within the agreed and signed off budget.

Its not rocket science to see from the minutes that without the cup run and transfer fees we would be up the creek without a paddle.
Thankfully we did have a cup run and money for Evans.
The board can clearly visualise that things need changing hence these changes to keep the club surviving will be announced to those interested at the forthcoming meeting.
Clearly Flynny was correct in stating there will be little funds for next seasons improved squad!!
Where £700K profit from the cup run has been used certainly needs to be explained.
sure the board have answers hopefully acceptable answers to that question.
Appreciate that new directors Kevin, Rob & Ryan are happy to contribute on here.
Maybe others do but have no idea if that is so.
We certainly cannot rely on Cup runs and transfers to keep us in the league though.

jollysuperstar wrote:Its not rocket science to see from the minutes that without the cup run and transfer fees we would be up the creek without a paddle.
The board can clearly visualise that things need changing hence these changes to keep the club surviving will be announced to those interested at the forthcoming meeting.
Clearly Flynny was correct in stating there will be little funds for next seasons improved squad!!
Where £700K profit from the cup run has been used certainly needs to be explained.
Appreciate that new directors Kevin, Rob & Ryan are happy to contribute on here.
We certainly cannot rely on Cup runs and transfers to keep us in the league though.
Except it's not 'profit' is it? It is revenue. The assumption that people are making is that even with this extra revenue we can't accrue any savings in the bank. Therefore we are 'overrevving' so what is causing this, what are we doing about it and how are we going to control the budget to align with a 'normalised' season. No good going on a witchhunt - need to be much more professional than that otherwise the meeting will descend into backwards looking rather than forward looking solutions.

Fourthousand wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Its not rocket science to see from the minutes that without the cup run and transfer fees we would be up the creek without a paddle.
Except it's not 'profit' is it? It is revenue. The assumption that people are making is that even with this extra revenue we can't accrue any savings in the bank. Therefore we are 'overrevving' so what is causing this, what are we doing about it and how are we going to control the budget to align with a 'normalised' season. No good going on a witchhunt - need to be much more professional than that otherwise the meeting will descend into backwards looking rather than forward looking solutions.
Can't agree. Asking questions is not a witch-hunt. For too long the people in charge have mismanaged the club finances. Every time questions are asked they are not answered, time and again we are told that how our money is spent is not a proper matter to discuss. Oh and then when it all goes pair shaped the club ask the supporters to bail them out again.

I genuinely hope that the new directors have the balls to front up, be honest and include the fan base in moving our club forward.

Fourthousand wrote:
Evening Four Thousand
Beg to differ but happy to stand corrected.
The £700K was not revenue but clear profit from the Cup Run.
Revenue would of been far greater but I believe Shaun stated that after all outgoings and expenses from the run the club would stand to make over £700K from the success.
Would at a complete guess think that revenue would reach around the million mark but obviously have not got anything accurate to go on.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Evening Four Thousand
Beg to differ but happy to stand corrected.
The £700K was not revenue but clear profit from the Cup Run.
Revenue would of been far greater but I believe Shaun stated that after all outgoings and expenses from the run the club would stand to make over £700K from the success.
Would at a complete guess think that revenue would reach around the million mark but obviously have not got anything accurate to go on.
Look H it's simple (and I never used any £ figs. - you did. Newport County in the Cup competitions is not a seperate business to Newport County in the the league. To play in the FA Cup you have to have a team - that costs money. To have a team that gets to the third round then that team can't be an 11 of you and I's but a team made up of paid professional footballers, support staff and all the costs that goes with it to run a side. If they weren't good enough (and didn't have a good helping of luck 're home ties) we wouldn't have got a sniff of a replay against Spurs.
So, we got FA Cup money in (and it had costs associated with it as well) which goes into the pot with all the other revenue streams (in) and againsy costs (out) - again the FA Cup did not make a profit - in even plainer terms - if we hadn't had the Cup run we would be owing some people some big monies correct if people's assumptions are correct that we have no surplus cash).