Playoffs

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Playoffs

Postby lowandhard » May 12th, 2018, 4:25 pm

Watching the Lincoln v Exeter game, that lad up front Rhead has got a bigger belly than me! :grin:
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Re: Playoffs

Postby newgroundrodney » May 12th, 2018, 4:29 pm

He played against us for Mansfield a couple seasons ago. Great big lump of a lad. Many County fans near me were saying he'd do a job for us.
User

lowandhard

Postby lowandhard » May 12th, 2018, 4:56 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:He played against us for Mansfield a couple seasons ago. Great big lump of a lad. Many County fans near me were saying he'd do a job for us.

Agree , in the Allsopp mould :lol:
no avatar
User

aberexile

Postby aberexile » May 12th, 2018, 7:21 pm

lowandhard wrote:Watching the Lincoln v Exeter game, that lad up front Rhead has got a bigger belly than me! :grin:

He'll have to slim down to get into league one. The higher you go the skinnier they seem to get.
no avatar
User

aberexile

Postby aberexile » May 12th, 2018, 7:53 pm

Coventry or Notts County for promotion from our league? Perhaps Coventry? Won't Notts County go pop if they don't make it this year?
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » May 12th, 2018, 8:55 pm

Latest Coventry 0 Notts. County 1.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » May 12th, 2018, 9:18 pm

1-1, piss poor decision by the referee to give Coventry a late penalty
User

lowandhard

Postby lowandhard » May 12th, 2018, 9:49 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:1-1, piss poor decision by the referee to give Coventry a late penalty

Totally agree, at least L2 refs are consistent - they’re invariably f*cking awful
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » May 13th, 2018, 9:45 am

aberexile wrote:Coventry or Notts County for promotion from our league? Perhaps Coventry? Won't Notts County go pop if they don't make it this year?

Although it seems inevitable that their overspending will land them back in trouble, they apparently have a plan which includes losing a million or so in each of the next few years if I recall correctly.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Cwmbran

Postby rncfc » May 13th, 2018, 9:50 am

Amberexile wrote:
aberexile wrote:Coventry or Notts County for promotion from our league? Perhaps Coventry? Won't Notts County go pop if they don't make it this year?

Although it seems inevitable that their overspending will land them back in trouble, they apparently have a plan which includes losing a million or so in each of the next few years if I recall correctly.

Speculating to accumulate, a perfectly reasonable business plan if you are looking to grow your business and have capital to plug the gaps.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » May 13th, 2018, 12:39 pm

for our finances Coventry to lose
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » May 13th, 2018, 7:42 pm

I see Lenell John-Lewis got his usual 2 min. game time for Shrewsbury this afternoon.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Cwmbran

Postby rncfc » May 13th, 2018, 10:23 pm

About the same he managed for us then!
User

lowandhard

Postby lowandhard » May 14th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:I see Lenell John-Lewis got his usual 2 min. game time for Shrewsbury this afternoon.

...and Rodman looked twice the player he was for us!
User

Bush

Postby Bush » May 14th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:1-1, piss poor decision by the referee to give Coventry a late penalty

I thought it was a pen at first to be fair. Also 9/10 even if it was a pen at that stage in the game the ref wouldn't give it. We want ref's to make more attacking decisions so I don't really have a problem with him giving it.
Next