Re: Playoffs

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:1-1, piss poor decision by the referee to give Coventry a late penalty
I thought it was a pen at first to be fair. Also 9/10 even if it was a pen at that stage in the game the ref wouldn't give it. We want ref's to make more attacking decisions so I don't really have a problem with him giving it.

It wasn't a penalty though. Watching at the time, the way the ball went suggested he got the ball. I want refs to make the right decision, not 'attacking decisions'.
He got it very wrong, great tackle, plain and simple mate. That decision could end up costing Notts County a chance to get promotion and that's poor.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:1-1, piss poor decision by the referee to give Coventry a late penalty
I thought it was a pen at first to be fair. Also 9/10 even if it was a pen at that stage in the game the ref wouldn't give it. We want ref's to make more attacking decisions so I don't really have a problem with him giving it.

It wasn't a penalty though. Watching at the time, the way the ball went suggested he got the ball. I want refs to make the right decision, not 'attacking decisions'.
He got it very wrong, great tackle, plain and simple mate. That decision could end up costing Notts County a chance to get promotion and that's poor.
Was a shocking decision by the ref but **** em. Tootle got Butler sent off this season at ML so what goes around ...

Bush wrote:
I thought it was a pen at first to be fair.
Jesus, really? The guy kicked the ball and made no contact at all with the striker, who barely touched the ball himself at the same time and then fell flat on his face. It was embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as the ref actually giving a penalty.

SJG99 wrote:
Bush wrote:
I thought it was a pen at first to be fair.
Jesus, really? The guy kicked the ball and made no contact at all with the striker, who barely touched the ball himself at the same time and then fell flat on his face. It was embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as the ref actually giving a penalty.
On first viewing I thought he went through the player to win the ball. When I saw the reply obviously he won the ball.

Exile 1976 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:There is the problem the Ref only gets that first view

:roll: :roll: :roll: ... He was a few yards away looking straight at it. It was an awful decision.
I've not seen it mate but Bush said at first it looked a pen