Re: Ownership

County#9 wrote:People will not keep giving or donating money when the money is being mismanaged . Simple

Kit deal . 30k free when we order 120k worth of kit . So we have to spend 90k on absolute crap that hardly anybody has heard of .

Best kit deal ever !!
I have looked through the trust correspondence and can see no mention of the figures that you mention so can only assume that they have been leaked to you by a bitter ex employee or an ex director, if indeed they are correct. It is clearly regrettable that the kits took so long to arrive for the kids but I am sure you will agree that they looked resplendent at the recent Luton match, not one stood out as not having a County kit, but I may be wrong.

Whist I have not found anything with the figures you mention I did find the live club blog from Alex Tunbridge from the last supporters meeting and this is a précis of what he said regarding retail and shirts.

'The Club has done £134,538.44 in retail this season. A 96.21% increase on the previous year. It's great to see Supporters wearing our shirt around the City.'

'We have sold a total of 1,746 shirts this season. This is a 21% increase from last season.'

Perhaps in retrospect this would have been an ideal time for you to vent your spleen and put the directors and CEO firmly in their place regarding their incompetence. I think it is hard for you to generate any sympathy for your crusade without revealing the intricacies of the deal or indeed the other deals that were on the table so we could decide for ourselves.

It seems that 1,746 supporters are quite content with the crap that no one has ever heard of.

Fourthousand wrote:
Ps the comment made by a poster on this thread about anaroks and non league is disingenuous in this debate - there would be no club to talk about if we fans hadn't travelled to support our club before we got back into the FL again.
You've misinterpreted that. The fans that reformed the club from scratch had no alternative, and I would think that league football was always their ultimate goal, whereas some people believe that a sustainable model must be our priority, even if that means residing in the limitations of non league, possibly even marooned in the Welsh League forever

For me it’s fairly simple;

Our fans want the best, but they’re not prepared to accept the time limitations of being fan owned or accept that our current level of donation falls well short of what’s required.

Nothing wrong with that necessarily as I fall into this category also, but it does mean that the higher risk game of private funding is the only way to guarantee out survival as a FL club in the short to medium term in my view.

I’d love fan ownership to work, but unless football becomes more sensible it never will - unless we’re prepared to accept non-league.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
County#9 wrote:People will not keep giving or donating money when the money is being mismanaged . Simple

Kit deal . 30k free when we order 120k worth of kit . So we have to spend 90k on absolute crap that hardly anybody has heard of .

Best kit deal ever !!
I have looked through the trust correspondence and can see no mention of the figures that you mention so can only assume that they have been leaked to you by a bitter ex employee or an ex director, if indeed they are correct. It is clearly regrettable that the kits took so long to arrive for the kids but I am sure you will agree that they looked resplendent at the recent Luton match, not one stood out as not having a County kit, but I may be wrong.

Whist I have not found anything with the figures you mention I did find the live club blog from Alex Tunbridge from the last supporters meeting and this is a précis of what he said regarding retail and shirts.

'The Club has done £134,538.44 in retail this season. A 96.21% increase on the previous year. It's great to see Supporters wearing our shirt around the City.'

'We have sold a total of 1,746 shirts this season. This is a 21% increase from last season.'

Perhaps in retrospect this would have been an ideal time for you to vent your spleen and put the directors and CEO firmly in their place regarding their incompetence. I think it is hard for you to generate any sympathy for your crusade without revealing the intricacies of the deal or indeed the other deals that were on the table so we could decide for ourselves.

It seems that 1,746 supporters are quite content with the crap that no one has ever heard of.
lol great reply Allan. county9 never lets the facts get in the way of making himself look like a buffoon lol

Guys by reading along the lines ie how many mistakes we have made and still making when we have ample opportunity with the winfalls to put our club in a healthy position,.,there is only answer let' have a vote of no confidence in this board and get guys in who can make a difference and take us forward investment ? And b4 you say this board have good they have been lucky from the start sales of players a minute from going out of the league , cup run imo they have not sold the fan own dream what so ever . No emails no transparency to remind members to renew / or to entice new members its been far form embarrassing and laxy .we always had that little bit of a head start with the money coming in from those sell ons . Iam a x player and some of you fans who don't t know whats happening scsres me , you might not like what iiam going to say our club is heading one way with some of the guys on the board administration? i i i lv and care about my our club and mean it not just like certian guys who just say it to keep fans happy you know who you are ? This is not a rant this as been building up inside of me for a while and needed to get it of my chest to save my our club because i know we sre going only one way till we make thst change . Some might not agree but this from someone thst is angry and very much hurting utc

owlsabout wrote:Guys by reading along the lines ie how many mistakes we have made and still making when we have ample opportunity with the winfalls to put our club in a healthy position,.,there is only answer let' have a vote of no confidence in this board and get guys in who can make a difference and take us forward investment ? And b4 you say this board have good they have been lucky from the start sales of players a minute from going out of the league , cup run imo they have not sold the fan own dream what so ever . No emails no transparency to remind members to renew / or to entice new members its been far form embarrassing and laxy .we always had that little bit of a head start with the money coming in from those sell ons . Iam a x player and some of you fans who don't t know whats happening scsres me , you might not like what iiam going to say our club is heading one way with some of the guys on the board administration? i i i lv and care about my our club and mean it not just like certian guys who just say it to keep fans happy you know who you are ? This is not a rant this as been building up inside of me for a while and needed to get it of my chest to save my our club because i know we sre going only one way till we make thst change . Some might not agree but this from someone thst is angry and very much hurting utc
If we had a vote of no confidence in the board and they all left, who do you suppose will take their places. Who, and where, are these guys who will make a difference - they don't appear to be knocking the door down in order to get on there. Everyone had an opportunity to stand recently but there was only one applicant more than places available. I don't know anyone on the board so don't know if accusations on this messageboard are true or not - I guess this will be thrashed out at the meeting on 23rd.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:My view is that the Trust model is the way forward for clubs like County. I don't have any problems with the notion that people with business experience should be involved in the running of the club but for me fan ownership is the way forward.

Clearly we are once again in financial trouble and some are expressing the view that we need outside investment. I disagree. I think it's not the model that is wrong but the way it has been implemented. Furthermore the likes of Sherman, the brothers Ford and Cyril Rogers hardly inspire confidence in the rich altruistic businessman.

So serious question. For those of you who do believe that we should be owned by an individual, what do you see as the advantages and how would you deal with the disadvantages?
Then how should the model be implemented?

Dai Nelmes wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:My view is that the Trust model is the way forward for clubs like County. I don't have any problems with the notion that people with business experience should be involved in the running of the club but for me fan ownership is the way forward.

Clearly we are once again in financial trouble and some are expressing the view that we need outside investment. I disagree. I think it's not the model that is wrong but the way it has been implemented. Furthermore the likes of Sherman, the brothers Ford and Cyril Rogers hardly inspire confidence in the rich altruistic businessman.

So serious question. For those of you who do believe that we should be owned by an individual, what do you see as the advantages and how would you deal with the disadvantages?
Then how should the model be implemented?
With far greater transparency.

It is my view that Gavin Foxall has always behaved in a way that he believed was beneficial to County. However, certainly before the new directors took office, he was able to ride roughshod over every one. As a consequence he was never accountable. He spent money free and had he been accountable I think would have realized how lucky we have been with income unearned.

Accountability to the fans would also have had the effect of the supporters being more involved with the club and therefore being open to income streams for the club. Think for a moment, all those parents who were treated appallingly over the academy kits. Instead of a new generation of County mad fanatics we now have a generation of Cardiff City fans. Okay a slight exaggeration but you get the point.

So in a word, accountability. In three words, to paraphrase another well intentioned man who let power go to his head. Accountability, accountability, accountability.

owlsabout wrote:Guys by reading along the lines ie how many mistakes we have made and still making when we have ample opportunity with the winfalls to put our club in a healthy position,.,there is only answer let' have a vote of no confidence in this board and get guys in who can make a difference and take us forward investment ? And b4 you say this board have good they have been lucky from the start sales of players a minute from going out of the league , cup run imo they have not sold the fan own dream what so ever . No emails no transparency to remind members to renew / or to entice new members its been far form embarrassing and laxy .we always had that little bit of a head start with the money coming in from those sell ons . Iam a x player and some of you fans who don't t know whats happening scsres me , you might not like what iiam going to say our club is heading one way with some of the guys on the board administration? i i i lv and care about my our club and mean it not just like certian guys who just say it to keep fans happy you know who you are ? This is not a rant this as been building up inside of me for a while and needed to get it of my chest to save my our club because i know we sre going only one way till we make thst change . Some might not agree but this from someone thst is angry and very much hurting utc

who are the guys to bring in to take us forward with investment. name them?

people like you are clueless. you rant and rave but have no solution to anything. the current board are the best we have had since I've been following county and most I go with agree.

you are probably the type who have slagged every chairman and every director we have ever had but have not got a clue who you would replace them with. and I bet you wouldn't have the balls to put yourself up for election either. sad really

Long has it been the County way to be the holder of secrets.

I once asked a director if Leon Jeanne had signed. He looked at me as if I asked to borrow his wife for the night. Who the hell was I to ask? Never mind expect a reply.

Jimmy i wd nt put myself up 1 because hav nt the time and dont think i wd be the right person . 2 we do need investment / investors and with certain guys on this present board they wont get involved. 3And as for you my old pal jimmy you just keep sucking the c--k who is pulling you strings you are embarrassing and one puppet being played .everyone is entitled to there opinions that is what this forum is about , and yours is always pathetic imo carry on opening that mouth like a few who bow the great one

owlsabout wrote:Jimmy i wd nt put myself up 1 because hav nt the time and dont think i wd be the right person . 2 we do need investment / investors and with certain guys on this present board they wont get involved. 3And as for you my old pal jimmy you just keep sucking the c--k who is pulling you strings you are embarrassing and one puppet being played .everyone is entitled to there opinions that is what this forum is about , and yours is always pathetic imo carry on opening that mouth like a few who bow the great one
so there is guys out there with loads of cash who want to pump money into the club but won't until current board go?

lololol

owlsabout wrote:Jimmy i wd nt put myself up 1 because hav nt the time and dont think i wd be the right person . 2 we do need investment / investors and with certain guys on this present board they wont get involved. 3And as for you my old pal jimmy you just keep sucking the c--k who is pulling you strings you are embarrassing and one puppet being played .everyone is entitled to there opinions that is what this forum is about , and yours is always pathetic imo carry on opening that mouth like a few who bow the great one
But there always seems to be 'certain guys' on the current board, but these apparently willing investors never seem to be other than a smoke screen. Other than the rather dubious mention of Dean Holdsworth's interest which is now well past its sell-by date, nothing has ever been forthcoming. As I see it, it's just another chapter in the regular saga of 'lets get rid', with no plausible alternative suggestion.