Re: Ownership

jollysuperstar wrote:Alan appreciate that you are employed by Newport County in what roll I have no idea.
Of course all your contributions will come with rose tinted glasses that's understandable.
IMO the 3 most important employees at any football club are of course the manager, the CEO and thirdly the Commercial manager.
The Chairman and board are unpaid.
Gavin is there to chair and lead the board as agreed by those who elected him to be chairman.
He wasn't appointed to dictate policy on his own, lets hope that was never the case.
It appears Alex cannot make any decisions without asking Gavin first to me that makes his job untenable.
He clearly has seen the opportunity to move on to better things.
I wish him well as I felt he was the only professional person on the County payroll.
Finance is 100% so important to us therefore if they had employed this young lady in the position of assistant or trainee manager I would have no truck with that but they have thrown her in at the deep end unfortunately.
No idea and none of my business but is she maybe off with stress related problems I certainly hope not. Have had that close by in my family
Who was going to train her up to be a competent Commercial manager perhaps Alan could tell us as I do not know anybody on the payroll capable of doing that, if there was somebody wouldn't they have the job anyway.
So many problems off the field and with Alex on his way and as Exile stated to which I 100% agree maybe the bird has flown, sponsors should of been signed up whilst we were having our few hours of Glory against Leeds and Spurs.
If nobody capable applied for the Commercial managers job it should of been re advertised and remained vacant until the suitable candidate was found.
Pay good money to get a good candidate who will more than pay there way for us and generate the finance we require.
It seems we will just soldier on hoping for another transfer fee and a possible cup run
Nothing has changed from the Billy Lucas days when annually he would flog somebody for £7/£10k and keep us going for another season.
The worry is that it is too late to get the sponsorship levels required to move another step forward.
I salute Rob for coming up with his idea that he has stated today but why did the old brigade never think how important sponsorship is for us to be successful in the future.
We have a contributor with 2 advertising boards who has not even had the courtesy of a phone call even.
how poor is that?

From what I recall people were having hissy fits because they did not employ her until January, now you're saying the board should have waited. Can you not recall the hysteria. Unbelievable

Ask yourselves where has the club come from the previous owners ???
Despite windfall after windfall after tribunals after director fall outs,
It was quoted that the previous regime had put the club in a perilous position,
I bet they wouldn’t have wasted the fans money the Conor Washington money sacked manager after manager after manager after assistant manager signed players who couldn’t play
The hard work they put in as volunteers got us back in the football League,
I would say this current crop were a minute away from distinction
And who would they have blamed ???
The old board had so much experience those things would never have happened
The Trust knew better
You couldn’t make it up

Alan G Bryant wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Alan appreciate that you are employed by Newport County in what roll I have no idea.
Of course all your contributions will come with rose tinted glasses that's understandable.
IMO the 3 most important employees at any football club are of course the manager, the CEO and thirdly the Commercial manager.
Gavin is there to chair and lead the board as agreed by those who elected him to be chairman.
He wasn't appointed to dictate policy on his own, lets hope that was never the case.
It appears Alex cannot make any decisions without asking Gavin first to me that makes his job untenable.
I wish him well as I felt he was the only professional person on the County payroll.
Finance is 100% so important to us therefore if they had employed this young lady in the position of assistant or trainee manager I would have no truck with that but they have thrown her in at the deep end unfortunately.
No idea and none of my business but is she maybe off with stress related problems I certainly hope not. Have had that close by in my family
Who was going to train her up to be a competent Commercial manager perhaps Alan could tell us as I do not know anybody on the payroll capable of doing that, if there was somebody wouldn't they have the job anyway.
So many problems off the field and with Alex on his way and as Exile stated to which I 100% agree maybe the bird has flown, sponsors should of been signed up whilst we were having our few hours of Glory against Leeds and Spurs.
If nobody capable applied for the Commercial managers job it should of been re advertised and remained vacant until the suitable candidate was found.
Pay good money to get a good candidate who will more than pay there way for us and generate the finance we require.
It seems we will just soldier on hoping for another transfer fee and a possible cup run
Nothing has changed from the Billy Lucas days when annually he would flog somebody for £7/£10k and keep us going for another season.
The worry is that it is too late to get the sponsorship levels required to move another step forward.
I salute Rob for coming up with his idea that he has stated today but why did the old brigade never think how important sponsorship is for us to be successful in the future.
We have a contributor with 2 advertising boards who has not even had the courtesy of a phone call even.
how poor is that?

From what I recall people were having hissy fits because they did not employ her until January, now you're saying the board should have waited. Can you not recall the hysteria. Unbelievable
What is unbelievable are your Rose Tinted Glasses are now glowing brightly.
Seriously what Hysteria about a young lady with no experience being appointed to be trained up in the hope that one day she could get to grips with the serious financial implications of keeping our wonderful club going.
Its not her fault but whoever decided that was the option rather than hold out for a more experienced candidate.
I really hope it was not just down to the cheapest alternative.
Alan you embarress yourself by continually having a pop at true fans who worry about our club
We are not so called Keyboard warriors.
ps was it your wife who had the pop at Rob Sant at the last but one meeting.
Only asking as I am sure she was tied in some way to the club like yourself.?

Alan (warriors) don't you think people have just had enough and can't be bothered anymore as their sick to the back teeth with the BS you ostriches keep giving us fans .

Think you need to get a grip if you think us fans who are truly concerned at what is going on and care are warriors then we might aswell just give up now .

Pathetic comment .

Alan G Bryant wrote:What true fans ? We have an average crowd of 3,000 and less than a dozen warriors , i did used to think it was a dozen or so, it seems I was wrong.
Seriously struggling to think of any regular contributors on here who are not totally 100% TRUE County fans regardless of their views
I find your comment very sad and totally pathetic.
If Gavin was reading this now I bet he would be thinking "Shut the F*** up Alan for goodness sake"

Alan G Bryant wrote:What true fans ? We have an average crowd of 3,000 and less than a dozen warriors , i did used to think it was a dozen or so, it seems I was wrong.
You can’t have it both ways. On one hand no one cares how the club is run it’s just the keyboard warriors. On the other hand the trust model works.

I actually agree with you. Those speaking out against the club are in the minority. But even less of a minority are those funding the club every month in rewards and benefit scheme.

Bush wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:It may be a supply and demand scenario. Are there the highly qualified and suitable sport/football related people out there interested in a role with Newport?
92 CEO jobs in league football available. Are you saying there are less than 92 people in the U.K. and maybe abroad who wouldn’t want to be a CEO at a football league club?
No, that's not what i'm saying.

I think, and have been told, that being a CEO of a professional sports team is so much different to that of a main stream company.

I have been supporting Newport County since 1967. I think I must have watched my club getting on for 1,000 times. I was at Spurs in a 40,000 crowd and at Ruislip with 300 fans.

You may not agree with my views. You may even think as some have said that I am poison to the club. But having travelled many thousands of mile and spent many thousands of pounds watching Newport County I would really like to know what gives you the right to tell me or people like me that I and they are not true fans.

County#9 wrote:We've even managed to p*** lliswerry football club off who have been allowing us the use of their facility over the velodrome . They were kind enough to meet and allow the club to use the facilities and we couldn't even give them some free tickets as a thank you .

The club didn't look after the facility. Couldn't be bothered to secure the facility properly after being told numerous times so now they won't be allowing us back after speaking to a lliswerry official yesterday .
how is it lliswerrys facility. Newport live surely?

jollysuperstar wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
how poor is that?

What is unbelievable are your Rose Tinted Glasses are now glowing brightly.
Seriously what Hysteria about a young lady with no experience being appointed to be trained up in the hope that one day she could get to grips with the serious financial implications of keeping our wonderful club going.
Its not her fault but whoever decided that was the option rather than hold out for a more experienced candidate.
I really hope it was not just down to the cheapest alternative.
Alan you embarress yourself by continually having a pop at true fans who worry about our club
We are not so called Keyboard warriors.
ps was it your wife who had the pop at Rob Sant at the last but one meeting.
Only asking as I am sure she was tied in some way to the club like yourself.?
hi Harps.

how do you know that the commercial manager had no experience? You seem to be making things up harps as I seem to recall her having a good pedigree

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I have been supporting Newport County since 1967. I think I must have watched my club getting on for 1,000 times. I was at Spurs in a 40,000 crowd and at Ruislip with 300 fans.

You may not agree with my views. You may even think as some have said that I am poison to the club. But having travelled many thousands of mile and spent many thousands of pounds watching Newport County I would really like to know what gives you the right to tell me or people like me that I and they are not true fans.
Ruislip Park or Ruislip Manor? :wink: