Re: Ownership

It is a fair point , but the point that many are missing is that to employ the best and indeed more staff costs more money. The more we spend on the staff and the infrastructure , the less there is for the playing budget.
So the question is what do we want?

A Perfect operation off the field but having to compromise one of the lowest budgets in league 2 to achieve it
Or
A skeleton staffing level utilising the volunteers and enabling us to compete on the field but having to put up with a few spelling mistakes.

Alan G Bryant . Come on now . All we ask for is the people we employ are competent at doing the job their employed to do properly and to not p""" them off hence the high turnover of employees , and don't give me we havnt . If we stop wasting money on tribunals etc will go a long way to saving money .

How can we employ a CEO (alex) who's not allowed to make a decision and do a CEO job properly ? Hence the job change to COO .

Alan. Do you see the current board (new directors excluded) being accountable for anything . They just greet fans with silence . That's their way and has been for all the **** ups . It's just what we're used to now as a county supporter .

All well and good but when the chairman doesn't turn up for the 3 what's the point . We all know certain questions won't get answered .

Yes I understand he had a funeral for 1 of them and that's understandable . Fans are so disillusioned with the off the field fiascos .

Alan we all want the same the club to move forward and improve but we can't when we keep covering things up and making the same mistakes .

All about opinions but that is mine as you have yours .

I guess my point is that it's not a matter of spending more money on the off field staff, just making sure the right ones with the correct relevant experience are in place taking the wage?

I don't accept that a CEO cannot be governed, that is a reflection of the board, chairman and reporting procedures. AFC wimbledon have had Eric Samuelson doing a very good job there for a long time. The CEO is there to enact the boards strategic plan. The board is there to install a strategy and plan on behalf of the supporters trust who appoint the board. The boards plan and actions must reflect the wishes of the supporters.

It's not hard, the CEO reports monthly to the board, answers questions on his/her report, offers advice and feedback to the board and even suggests things based on the CEOs experience. If the revenue is not satisfactory, operations are failing, there are HR issues, communciation issues etc, then the CEO must be questioned and must outline his/her plan to rectify the issues. If the issues persist over the course of a few months without solutions or improvement the CEO must be held to account.

County#9 wrote:All well and good but when the chairman doesn't turn up for the 3 what's the point . We all know certain questions won't get answered .

Yes I understand he had a funeral for 1 of them and that's understandable . Fans are so disillusioned with the off the field fiascos .

Alan we all want the same the club to move forward and improve but we can't when we keep covering things up and making the same mistakes .

All about opinions but that is mine as you have yours .

You are talking generally about fans being disilishioned with the off field fiasco, who? All the evidence suggests otherwise,

Alan appreciate that you are employed by Newport County in what roll I have no idea.
Of course all your contributions will come with rose tinted glasses that's understandable.
IMO the 3 most important employees at any football club are of course the manager, the CEO and thirdly the Commercial manager.
The Chairman and board are unpaid.
Gavin is there to chair and lead the board as agreed by those who elected him to be chairman.
He wasn't appointed to dictate policy on his own, lets hope that was never the case.
It appears Alex cannot make any decisions without asking Gavin first to me that makes his job untenable.
He clearly has seen the opportunity to move on to better things.
I wish him well as I felt he was the only professional person on the County payroll.
Finance is 100% so important to us therefore if they had employed this young lady in the position of assistant or trainee manager I would have no truck with that but they have thrown her in at the deep end unfortunately.
No idea and none of my business but is she maybe off with stress related problems I certainly hope not. Have had that close by in my family
Who was going to train her up to be a competent Commercial manager perhaps Alan could tell us as I do not know anybody on the payroll capable of doing that, if there was somebody wouldn't they have the job anyway.
So many problems off the field and with Alex on his way and as Exile stated to which I 100% agree maybe the bird has flown, sponsors should of been signed up whilst we were having our few hours of Glory against Leeds and Spurs.
If nobody capable applied for the Commercial managers job it should of been re advertised and remained vacant until the suitable candidate was found.
Pay good money to get a good candidate who will more than pay there way for us and generate the finance we require.
It seems we will just soldier on hoping for another transfer fee and a possible cup run
Nothing has changed from the Billy Lucas days when annually he would flog somebody for £7/£10k and keep us going for another season.
The worry is that it is too late to get the sponsorship levels required to move another step forward.
I salute Rob for coming up with his idea that he has stated today but why did the old brigade never think how important sponsorship is for us to be successful in the future.
We have a contributor with 2 advertising boards who has not even had the courtesy of a phone call even.
how poor is that?
Last edited by jollysuperstar on May 17th, 2018, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll be here all night . What evidence Alan? All the ostriches you mean are happy . If your happy with the way the club is run that is your opinion but I know of many a supporter who has had enough .

If your happy that all the money is gone and the cover ups that keep happening and the high turnover with employees , directors and so on then there's tribunals and unfair dismissals then that's your decision.

Don't get me wrong their hearts are with the club and they do a lot of good but there's so much wrong and they don't want to listen to the fans or communicate with us . They think their masons .

I take my hat off to them for wanting to be on the board and help run the club I really do but the simple fact of people doing their own thing and not listening or sharing with other board members is never going to work .

In Kevin,Ryan and Rob you already see that their communicating and taking on board supporters views and points which is all we ask .

We won't agree and that's football and opinions .

Willthiswork wrote:It may be a supply and demand scenario. Are there the highly qualified and suitable sport/football related people out there interested in a role with Newport?
92 CEO jobs in league football available. Are you saying there are less than 92 people in the U.K. and maybe abroad who wouldn’t want to be a CEO at a football league club?

We've even managed to p*** lliswerry football club off who have been allowing us the use of their facility over the velodrome . They were kind enough to meet and allow the club to use the facilities and we couldn't even give them some free tickets as a thank you .

The club didn't look after the facility. Couldn't be bothered to secure the facility properly after being told numerous times so now they won't be allowing us back after speaking to a lliswerry official yesterday .

County#9 wrote:We've even managed to p*** lliswerry football club off who have been allowing us the use of their facility over the velodrome . They were kind enough to meet and allow the club to use the facilities and we couldn't even give them some free tickets as a thank you .

The club didn't look after the facility. Couldn't be bothered to secure the facility properly after being told numerous times so now they won't be allowing us back after speaking to a lliswerry official yesterday .
Lliswerry? They can go two el.