Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

Caerleon Exile

Posts

1185

Location

Glan Llyn

Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby Caerleon Exile » May 16th, 2018, 2:55 pm

I notice that Regan Poole has been called into the Welsh squad Vs Mexico. Do we have a similar Lee Evans type deal for a Welsh cap for him? :cheers:
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

3112

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby rncfc » May 16th, 2018, 4:15 pm

Let’s hope so. Those gaps aren’t going to plug themselves.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5913

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby George Street-Bridge » May 16th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Aren't these payments usually linked to competitive games?
no avatar
User

DT1892

Posts

738

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby DT1892 » May 16th, 2018, 6:50 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Aren't these payments usually linked to competitive games?


Evans' debut was a friendly against Panama wasn't it?
User avatar
User

ComeOnCounty

Posts

2017

Location

Trinant

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby ComeOnCounty » May 16th, 2018, 8:41 pm

DT1892 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Aren't these payments usually linked to competitive games?


Evans' debut was a friendly against Panama wasn't it?


Yes, but we didn't get anything until he played against China in a competitive match
no avatar
User

G Guest

Posts

2655

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby G Guest » May 16th, 2018, 8:44 pm

I don't think we get anything because he was not on a professional contract with us. It was a scholar's contract or something like that. You may remember that that delayed his debut for Man U.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13936

Location

MT

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby Exile 1976 » May 16th, 2018, 9:03 pm

I'm sure it was reported at the time the fee was around £100k potentially rising to £400k with add ons. I imagine that a Welsh Cap was possibly one of those add ons.
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7350

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby Bush » May 16th, 2018, 11:28 pm

ComeOnCounty wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Aren't these payments usually linked to competitive games?


Evans' debut was a friendly against Panama wasn't it?


Yes, but we didn't get anything until he played against China in a competitive match


That was not a competitive game.
User avatar
User

Trev

Posts

387

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby Trev » May 17th, 2018, 4:52 pm

i was told by an ex direcror from the time of regans xfer that if he played now im not sure aboit this bit but 20 or 30 or summat times for ma u first team we would gwt close to a million
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7350

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby Bush » May 17th, 2018, 5:16 pm

Trev wrote:i was told by an ex direcror from the time of regans xfer that if he played now im not sure aboit this bit but 20 or 30 or summat times for ma u first team we would gwt close to a million


No chance trev. He wasn’t on a senior contract and Utd did us a favour with what they offered.
no avatar
User

DT1892

Posts

738

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby DT1892 » May 17th, 2018, 7:32 pm

ComeOnCounty wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Aren't these payments usually linked to competitive games?


Evans' debut was a friendly against Panama wasn't it?


Yes, but we didn't get anything until he played against China in a competitive match


He was playing for Sheffield United by then.
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Posts

3558

Re: Regan Poole - Wales Squad

Postby Corpaboy » May 21st, 2018, 12:37 pm

Just announced that Regan hasn't made the final squad for the Mexico game and has joined the Wales U21's squad instead

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ComeOnCounty, Exile 1976, newgroundrodney, Stan A. Einstein and 22 guests

Powered by phpBB ®