Directors call .

So this morning I received a phone call from a director and we talked for about an hour .

He rang to discuss posts that I've put on messageboard and to listen and understand where I'm coming from . He gave me feedback on a lot of things and it was a brilliant conversation . We talked about the mistakes that are obviously well known but more importantly how the club are going about rectifying these and the plans that are in place for the future.

How reassuring it is though that a director (he spoke of other directors) are listening to the fans and that he took time out to make a phone call. That goes a long way .

We all want this club of ours to move forward and upwards but more so improve our standards off the field . Fans are the biggest asset to the club and we're all in this together because the directors are fans too .

Make no bones about it we're going to make more mistakes in the future that's life but it's how we all pull together which will bring us out the otherside.

My point to you all though is that they are listening and are trying to change for the better . They understand that it's our club and they are running it for us but their willing to have more fan engagement with much more transparency and that can only be good for the county .

Yes my passion has got the better of me on a lot of occasions to which if I offended anyone I truly apologise I just care so much about Newport county .

It's not going to happen overnight but trust me the future looks a lot brighter and amber .

Once again thank you to the director who took timeout to ring much appreciated .

Utc .

Re: Directors call .

County#9 wrote:So this morning I received a phone call from a director and we talked for about an hour .

He rang to discuss posts that I've put on messageboard and to listen and understand where I'm coming from . He gave me feedback on a lot of things and it was a brilliant conversation . We talked about the mistakes that are obviously well known but more importantly how the club are going about rectifying these and the plans that are in place for the future.

How reassuring it is though that a director (he spoke of other directors) are listening to the fans and that he took time out to make a phone call. That goes a long way .

We all want this club of ours to move forward and upwards but more so improve our standards off the field . Fans are the biggest asset to the club and we're all in this together because the directors are fans too .

Make no bones about it we're going to make more mistakes in the future that's life but it's how we all pull together which will bring us out the otherside.

My point to you all though is that they are listening and are trying to change for the better . They understand that it's our club and they are running it for us but their willing to have more fan engagement with much more transparency and that can only be good for the county .

Yes my passion has got the better of me on a lot of occasions to which if I offended anyone I truly apologise I just care so much about Newport county .

It's not going to happen overnight but trust me the future looks a lot brighter and amber .

Once again thank you to the director who took timeout to ring much appreciated .

Utc .

I hope you don't mind but I have a few questions for you and I'm sure other people will have questions for you.

Which director Phoned you?

How did he get your phone number?

And why did he phone you and not just come on this forum and answer question on here?

What questions did you ask him and what did he actually say?

The Newport wrote:
County#9 wrote:So this morning I received a phone call from a director and we talked for about an hour .

Utc .

I hope you don't mind but I have a few questions for you and I'm sure other people will have questions for you.

And why did he phone you and not just come on this forum and answer question on here?

I suggest it is because one hour's phone call is the equivalent of a whole day spent typing out replies on an UNOFFICIAL forum..........

A few of the newer, more enthusiastic Trustees have made attempts to engage on here but have invariably been burdened with multiple requests for information and then dug-out for not replying.

County9 had specific issues to resolve and it sounds like a personal phone call has helped a lot.

whoareya wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Utc .

I suggest it is because one hour's phone call is the equivalent of a whole day spent typing out replies on an UNOFFICIAL forum..........

A few of the newer, more enthusiastic Trustees have made attempts to engage on here but have invariably been burdened with multiple requests for information and then dug-out for not replying.

County9 had specific issues to resolve and it sounds like a personal phone call has helped a lot.

What specific issues did he have to resolve?

He didn't say it was a personal phone call. And if it was a personal phone call why mention on here he had a phone call from a director?

Do you know him personally or are you just guessing?

I would like to know which director Phoned him wouldn't you?

Did he apologise for the Academy kit supply fiasco? If so, was his apology reassuring, and did he give any kind of assurances as to future kit supply being more timely?
Had you previously emailed / called him to solicit such a response?....
Thanks for letting us know, and for sharing whatever elements you feel were suitable for publicising on a MB.

I know the board read the MB and we do see ideas filtering through slowly, ideas that have been initially mentioned on here.
I feel a bit more positive in view of your post.

It was grievances I had on kit and a couple of other things but mainly to do with how we've been treated by the club etc .

Had plenty of assurances on the mistakes that they let happen and get out of control which will not be allowed to reoccur again or be left to fester .

We discussed ideas that I had and feel where we could improve in the gripes that I had .

I had left a message to speak to a director with my contact details to which I received the phone call .

Be assured that if you have any problems or ideas that they are approachable and willing to talk to us . This is a big step forward in my opinion in the club engaging with the fans .

There are numbers that directors have put on the messageboard or you can email the club wishing to speak to one of them . They have jobs but will return a phone call or email asap .

This is a huge step in the right direction and hopefully the first of many .

Utc

County#9 wrote:It was grievances I had on kit and a couple of other things but mainly to do with how we've been treated by the club etc .

Had plenty of assurances on the mistakes that they let happen and get out of control which will not be allowed to reoccur again or be left to fester .

We discussed ideas that I had and feel where we could improve in the gripes that I had .

I had left a message to speak to a director with my contact details to which I received the phone call .

Be assured that if you have any problems or ideas that they are approachable and willing to talk to us . This is a big step forward in my opinion in the club engaging with the fans .

There are numbers that directors have put on the messageboard or you can email the club wishing to speak to one of them . They have jobs but will return a phone call or email asap .

This is a huge step in the right direction and hopefully the first of many .

Utc

You still haven't said which director Phoned you?

County#9 wrote:It was on behalf of the board so does it make a huge difference who .

Well yes it does really make a difference. It means to say that what you have put on this thread it makes it more believable.
After all anyone can say they had a phone call from a director. For all we know you could be a director.

The Newport wrote:
County#9 wrote:It was on behalf of the board so does it make a huge difference who .

Well yes it does really make a difference. It means to say that what you have put on this thread it makes it more believable.
After all anyone can say they had a phone call from a director. For all we know you could be a director.
Best laugh of the week!!!

County has been chasing his kids kit for the last nine months and you come up with "for all we know he could be a director.
Hysterical.

Anyway County couple of points firstly if you don't want to say who keep it to yourself.
Secondly as Owls nothing to apologise for.
Why should you.

Certain probably 99% sure who it is.

Again sure Exile is on same wavelength.

Have had chats before and a great addition to the board apart from Mrs Bryant who maybe a little unhappy. :lol:

jollysuperstar wrote:
The Newport wrote:

County has been chasing his kids kit for the last nine months and you come up with "for all we know he could be a director.
Hysterical.

Anyway County couple of points firstly if you don't want to say who keep it to yourself.
Why should you.

Have had chats before and a great addition to the board apart from Mrs Bryant who maybe a little unhappy. :lol:

I'm glad I've put a smile on your face. So you know him quite well do you?

You are one hundred percent sure he isn't a director?

Are you one of Directors then?

If you are 99 percent sure who Phoned him please enlighten us then?

jollysuperstar wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Hysterical.

Why should you.

Who do you think it is Harps?