Re: welcome

theale wrote:The only riddle on hear is you jim.

Well I for one don't know what you are on about either. Why do you assume everyone knows what you are on about? Who is Chris? Please understand, some people, me included, get their main info' about the County from this messageboard. Any chance you could explain?

See you at the meeting pembs,my questions will be directed at rob s tonight,I know I will receive open answers on our club,I'm afraid one or two others on our board are detrimental to our progression and would not debate matters fairly.
russell jones
nephew of sarah morgan boone,illegitimate child of charles 1st,mother of daniel boone.

Jackorias wrote:
theale wrote:Welcome back Chris,don't let the reins go now your the big wheel on our board.
Elaborate.
on another thread at @round 2 am, Theale was posting "welcome aboard c.b"..... I wonder whether he is referring to Chris Blight. I really do hope so, and I'm not saying that IS Chris Blight who Theale is referring to, but I hope it is.
Thinking back to before the takeover, on matters of fan ownership, trust involvement and funding going forward, Chris Blight was ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON with everything he said / suggested.
IF.......and I stress IF, it's Chris Blight, I personally will be very happy indeed! (* crosses fingers)

newgroundrodney wrote:
Jackorias wrote:
theale wrote:Welcome back Chris,don't let the reins go now your the big wheel on our board.
Elaborate.
on another thread at @round 2 am, Theale was posting "welcome aboard c.b"..... I wonder whether he is referring to Chris Blight. I really do hope so, and I'm not saying that IS Chris Blight who Theale is referring to, but I hope it is.
Thinking back to before the takeover, on matters of fan ownership, trust involvement and funding going forward, Chris Blight was ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON with everything he said / suggested.
IF.......and I stress IF, it's Chris Blight, I personally will be very happy indeed! (* crosses fingers)
Was thinking the same and if true and correct would be a good addition to the board.

If Chris Blight is returning to the board of Newport County I would be pleased. I remain a critic of the chairmanship of Chris Blight for two reasons. Firstly in my view he does have ideas of what type of club we should be with which I do not agree. In terms my desire is to see a club embedded within the community. A club which represents our town/city/community as something more than a monet making operation.

Secondly, and this is also why I would not be a good chairman, (I am sure of but one reason amongst many) is that Chris is too decisive. A good chairman/woman needs to bring people of differing views together and I don't see Chris Blight doing that. As someone able to negotiate with the WRU, Newport City Council, Welsh Assembly I really don't see a better candidate.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:If Chris Blight is returning to the board of Newport County I would be pleased. I remain a critic of the chairmanship of Chris Blight for two reasons. Firstly in my view he does have ideas of what type of club we should be with which I do not agree. In terms my desire is to see a club embedded within the community. A club which represents our town/city/community as something more than a monet making operation.

Secondly, and this is also why I would not be a good chairman, (I am sure of but one reason amongst many) is that Chris is too decisive. A good chairman/woman needs to bring people of differing views together and I don't see Chris Blight doing that. As someone able to negotiate with the WRU, Newport City Council, Welsh Assembly I really don't see a better candidate.

But Stan, respectfully, The Club as an entity has to make money in order to more easily bring about those aims.

Consider this:
...." a strong fanbase base with growing Trust membership"....
...." lots of people putting in small amounts"......
...."skills of volunteers put to good use".....
...."it's easier to ask 1000 people for a £, than to ask one man for a grand"....
...." a greater say for supporters".....
All things Chris Blight said up to the takeover. I'd have thought we're mostly in agreement with much of it.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:If Chris Blight is returning to the board of Newport County I would be pleased. I remain a critic of the chairmanship of Chris Blight for two reasons. Firstly in my view he does have ideas of what type of club we should be with which I do not agree. In terms my desire is to see a club embedded within the community. A club which represents our town/city/community as something more than a monet making operation.

But Stan, respectfully, The Club as an entity has to make money in order to more easily bring about those aims.

Consider this:
...." a strong fanbase base with growing Trust membership"....
...." lots of people putting in small amounts"......
...."skills of volunteers put to good use".....
...."it's easier to ask 1000 people for a £, than to ask one man for a grand"....
...." a greater say for supporters".....
All things Chris Blight said up to the takeover. I'd have thought we're mostly in agreement with much of it.
I have a different world view to Chris Blight. Many people agree with Chris, some people agree with me on the type of club County should be. A chairman needs to accommodate all views, Chris can't do that any more than I can.