Re: Well done the Academy

George Street-Bridge wrote:So, no elaboration on how parents have been "let down" beyond complaints someone else has aired here about kit supply? What's Stan's first-hand knowledge of the academy?

Bush - I don't know how old your kids are, but taking any sport seriously winds up entailing that level of commitment. Mrs Street-Bridge and I spent a decade trekking to swimming training and meets.
George,
Had your children turned up without their swimming trunks I think that they may have felt a bit let down. If you had spent hundreds of pounds on necessary equipment but had not received it even someone with your calm temperament might be ever so slightly miffed.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:So, no elaboration on how parents have been "let down" beyond complaints someone else has aired here about kit supply? What's Stan's first-hand knowledge of the academy?

Bush - I don't know how old your kids are, but taking any sport seriously winds up entailing that level of commitment. Mrs Street-Bridge and I spent a decade trekking to swimming training and meets.
George,
Had your children turned up without their swimming trunks I think that they may have felt a bit let down. If you had spent hundreds of pounds on necessary equipment but had not received it even someone with your calm temperament might be ever so slightly miffed.
You have no concept of the costs of swim gear, team membership, meet fees and time commitments for parents of children involved in competitive swimming. I am on the executive of a swim team. I have also been involved in a football academy with 250 kids, so have first hand knowledge of both.

Please explain to me how you as a theoretical academy manager would mitigate kit delays happening , remembering that kit manufacturers have a huge demand for kits over a small window.

So what your saying is newport county academy is not for children who’s family can not afford it?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:No, I'm not saying that. I'm talking sport in general and families in general.
I see. Sport is not for the poor. (Generally.)

I know you're just on a wind up of him but ffs, come on, anyone who's kids play sport knows there are parents costs & time involved..

Triangle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

George,
You have no concept of the costs of swim gear, team membership, meet fees and time commitments for parents of children involved in competitive swimming. I am on the executive of a swim team. I have also been involved in a football academy with 250 kids, so have first hand knowledge of both.

Please explain to me how you as a theoretical academy manager would mitigate kit delays happening , remembering that kit manufacturers have a huge demand for kits over a small window.
I genuinely haven't got the first clue what you are on about,

Again, not quite what I said. The poorer you are and the further a kid takes a sport, the harder it becomes. It's not just a Newport County Academy question.

Swimming pretty much meant we had to run two cars for 10 years when we could have got away with one. I dread to think what the costs must be like if a kid turns out to be a talented cyclist.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:No, I'm not saying that. I'm talking sport in general and families in general.
I see. Sport is not for the poor. (Generally.)

I know you're just on a wind up of him but ffs, come on, anyone who's kids play sport knows there are parents costs & time involved..
I know. It is very expensive for parents to support children playing sport. To hand over the cash and then not be provided with the equipment paid for is really not going to help the cause of our academy, don't you think. I am not on a wind up, although it did strike me as if some on here are,

We had 3 home games all season and at least 17 away games !! Bought our own shorts and socks to play in . I asked for jackets for the subs in the winter as kids kits obviously weren't here to which we received none so had to wear their own jacket .

It is great that they got CAT 3 don't get me wrong but does that mean the subs we pay every month will go down ?

There is so much that they have to improve on and the board are now in the paper saying how good it is for the club, pity they weren't as quick to front up to parents but what's done is done .

If it means we get better coaching and things will improve greatly the brilliant .

Couldn't make last night as was working .

Well done the county on getting this upgrade but the proof will be in the pudding as to how we manage it .

Utc .

George Street-Bridge wrote:Again, not quite what I said. The poorer you are and the further a kid takes a sport, the harder it becomes. It's not just a Newport County Academy question.

Swimming pretty much meant we had to run two cars for 10 years when we could have got away with one. I dread to think what the costs must be like if a kid turns out to be a talented cyclist.
I swam for Cwmbran and maindee when I was a kid. All away gala’s busses were provided. How can we expect a child who say lives in a poor area of Newport who’s from a broken home who’s parent has other children, make his way to games in Liverpool Portsmouth etc?

Category 3 means there’s more funding and hopefully this doesn’t continue.

When you look at the trust bringing in 30k this season wouldn’t that be fantastic if instead of trying to run the club our trust run the academy to make sure every boy in Newport had the opportunity to play for Newport county if they are good enough.

Well said Bush
We have all paid out small fortunes for our kids but to wait 9 months for kit that was paid up front for is pretty scandalous especially if as seems there was no contact from the club.
Hopefully its just history now and will never happen again