Re: Well done the Academy

Exile 1976 wrote:How many academy kids kits weren't sent?
Only ask as I've seen loads of pics and vids of the academy teams of various ages with their tracksuits etc on.
Isn’t it they paid £250 but haven’t received all the kit that they payed for? So maybe it’s tracksuits etc.

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:How many academy kids kits weren't sent?
Only ask as I've seen loads of pics and vids of the academy teams of various ages with their tracksuits etc on.
Isn’t it they paid £250 but haven’t received all the kit that they payed for? So maybe it’s tracksuits etc.

I don't know mate, but I know two boys in the Under 11's and both have all kit that they paid for. I was just wondering whether the problem affected all ages or just certain ages/sizes etc.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Again, not quite what I said. The poorer you are and the further a kid takes a sport, the harder it becomes. It's not just a Newport County Academy question.

Swimming pretty much meant we had to run two cars for 10 years when we could have got away with one. I dread to think what the costs must be like if a kid turns out to be a talented cyclist.
I have a swimmer and a cyclist ...... luckily after cyclist proved himself on an entry level bike we managed to pick up a second hand hardly used Carbon Fibre bike for a good price, but add in the team costs, gear cost, junior gearing, garmin, heart rate monitor, fuel, maintenance, and it adds up! Give it a year or two and he will need a larger sized frame.

I was a race Marshall the other weekend at an ungodly hour. Taking my life into my hands hoping traffic would stop in time so as not to plough through cyclists whizzing around the junction.

A round of applause and thanks to all those parents who Put in time and money with our now Level 3 academy. You are appreciated. You make a difference to your child and others!

Triangle wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Again, not quite what I said. The poorer you are and the further a kid takes a sport, the harder it becomes. It's not just a Newport County Academy question.

Swimming pretty much meant we had to run two cars for 10 years when we could have got away with one. I dread to think what the costs must be like if a kid turns out to be a talented cyclist.
I have a swimmer and a cyclist ...... luckily after cyclist proved himself on an entry level bike we managed to pick up a second hand hardly used Carbon Fibre bike for a good price, but add in the team costs, gear cost, junior gearing, garmin, heart rate monitor, fuel, maintenance, and it adds up! Give it a year or two and he will need a larger sized frame.

I was a race Marshall the other weekend at an ungodly hour. Taking my life into my hands hoping traffic would stop in time so as not to plough through cyclists whizzing around the junction.

A round of applause and thanks to all those parents who Put in time and money with our now Level 3 academy. You are appreciated. You make a difference to your child and others!
If it wasn't blatantly obvious already, without the intense commitment of volunteers, academies, youth clubs, leisure centre activities etc, would fall by the wayside. Well done to you and well done to all academy helpers who (appear to me) to keep it going.