Re: Well done the Academy

Very good news.

I just hope that Byron Anthony and his staff get the recognition they deserve. The academy at Newport County has produced a very valuable lifeline for our club and notwithstanding that they has been let down on occasions by the administration at Newport County ,Byron and his staff deserve the appreciation and thanks of us all.

I’d like to thank all the parents that pay £250 for the kit, £50 a month subs, travel the country taking their kids to games because there is no transport available, take time off work and sometimes unpaid leave if they are self employed to watch the games. Without them where would this academy be?

Bush wrote:I’d like to thank all the parents that pay £250 for the kit, £50 a month subs, travel the country taking their kids to games because there is no transport available, take time off work and sometimes unpaid leave if they are self employed to watch the games. Without them where would this academy be?
I am with you on this one. If GSB really thinks it's just a kit thing then it speaks volumes about how well George understands people. :cry:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:I’d like to thank all the parents that pay £250 for the kit, £50 a month subs, travel the country taking their kids to games because there is no transport available, take time off work and sometimes unpaid leave if they are self employed to watch the games. Without them where would this academy be?
I am with you on this one. If GSB really thinks it's just a kit thing then it speaks volumes about how well George understands people. :cry:
How the hell did you extrapolate your comment from GSB’s question?

Triangle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
How the hell did you extrapolate your comment from GSB’s question?
Are you asking me or Bush?

So, no elaboration on how parents have been "let down" beyond complaints someone else has aired here about kit supply? What's Stan's first-hand knowledge of the academy?

Bush - I don't know how old your kids are, but taking any sport seriously winds up entailing that level of commitment. Mrs Street-Bridge and I spent a decade trekking to swimming training and meets.
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on May 24th, 2018, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

It is good commitment by the parents. My boy is in the Merthyr/Swansea academy and i have to take him to games, pay for subs and kit, but that's my choice as he just loves playing football.

Just congratulating the academy because being Cat 3 instead of 4 is something that will help the club & the kids, massively.