Re: Ben Tozer leaves

faerun exile wrote:With a small squad I dont think we can accommodate Bennett and Tozer. Bennett a bit better at defending, Tozer a bit better in midfield plus a great throw. With Bennett already on board then I guess Tozer was the guy to go - cant blame him, 2 yr deal at Cheltenham.
Anyway all the best Tozer - Swindon away will last long in the memory.
100% this, and other posts on Tozer. Solid and dependable, but lacking creativity. Much like most of the midfield at times. So hopefully we'll be able to get a couple of exciting upgrades.

Wonder if Labs has other offers? It's been a few weeks without news on him and Nouble now...

Two year deal I suspect both Labs and Nouble want two years and after good seasons with us could get them elsewhere.
Despite what some about Nouble he scored 10 goals we would always be happy to sign a 10 goal forward.
I agree that there are loads of players of Tozer standard out there but we wanted to keep him and could not this will be a reflection of our budget and an indication of where our expectations should be - survival!

Percy plunkett wrote:What it shows is players have no loyalty to their team.They look after themselves for the best deal.The only loyal ones are us the fans.
Yes agree, you can nurse them through injury, bad form etc. etc. but when the cheque book is proffered they follow it like iron filings to a magnet : it’s just the way of the world and a footballers career is often short.
That’s why I’ve seldom had a lot of the hero-worship feeling about players themselves just the club. There are exceptions though e.g. Len Weare but those were in the days when wages were sensible and the agent racket and the money-go-round prompted by cable tv wasn’t in force.

Bush wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:What it shows is players have no loyalty to their team.They look after themselves for the best deal.The only loyal ones are us the fans.
I don’t really get the issue with this.
The security of a two year deal seems to me to be a no brainer.