Re: Ben Tozer leaves

Anxiety attacks, eh? It’s easy to forget that our “heroes” face struggles like the rest of us mere mortals.

Overall not too bothered by this news. Our choice of midfielders is just so generic that this at least is a chance for MF to mix things up a tad by bringing in someone who might offer something a bit different.

JonD wrote:Anxiety attacks, eh? It’s easy to forget that our “heroes” face struggles like the rest of us mere mortals.

Overall not too bothered by this news. Our choice of midfielders is just so generic that this at least is a chance for MF to mix things up a tad by bringing in someone who might offer something a bit different.
I agree with you. Our midfield was so one-paced and predictable without Labadie that I actually think this is a positive thing for us.

Tozer was a hard worker and obviously was good on his day, but I get the impression his knee issues are still troubling him given his pace around the pitch.

I wouldn't have been unhappy for him to stay, but hopefully this allows us to bring someone in with a bit more athleticism.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
rncfc wrote: I wouldn't have been unhappy for him to stay, but hopefully this allows us to bring someone in with a bit more athleticism.
Yep, sums up my view too.

In a way it may help us.......... good player that I think he is at our level , his long throw gave MF the easy option of the long throw as our main attacking option. We were becoming so predictable because of it

With a small squad I dont think we can accommodate Bennett and Tozer. Bennett a bit better at defending, Tozer a bit better in midfield plus a great throw. With Bennett already on board then I guess Tozer was the guy to go - cant blame him, 2 yr deal at Cheltenham.
Anyway all the best Tozer - Swindon away will last long in the memory.