Re: Rodney parade regeneration....

excessbee wrote:In what way does a dedicated bar for away (football) supporters benefit Newport County? The intention of that is surely to persuade visiting supporters to put their beer money in the hands of the WRU, rather than pubs in town. a nice little earner, ....... but not for us.
...because it goes SOME way, slightly, towards acknowledging our presence (and don't we get a % of the bar sales) and away fans can be more safely accommodated at the ground itself. But no REAL advantage to us, unless we're an integral part of the overall regeneration. So while an away fans' bar is nice, we need to see more involvement than that, but as Stan suggests. "why should they look out for NCAFC's interests?".... and he's right, but the fact that they're not doing so, indicates to me we're out on our ars* soon...... and that day will come all too quickly I reckon!

newgroundrodney wrote:
excessbee wrote:In what way does a dedicated bar for away (football) supporters benefit Newport County? The intention of that is surely to persuade visiting supporters to put their beer money in the hands of the WRU, rather than pubs in town. a nice little earner, ....... but not for us.
...because it goes SOME way, slightly, towards acknowledging our presence (and don't we get a % of the bar sales) and away fans can be more safely accommodated at the ground itself. But no REAL advantage to us, unless we're an integral part of the overall regeneration. So while an away fans' bar is nice, we need to see more involvement than that, but as Stan suggests. "why should they look out for NCAFC's interests?".... and he's right, but the fact that they're not doing so, indicates to me we're out on our ars* soon...... and that day will come all too quickly I reckon!
On this I have to say that in my view Excessbee is right. Our game provides the customers and the rugby make the profits. In the short term renting is cheaper, but renting lasts forever. In my view our only realistic hope is that Kevin Ward can persuade Newport City Council that they should part fund, perhaps fully fund the development of Rodney Parade as a facility for both codes, and that the rugby can be persuaded that such an arrangement is in their interest.

Otherwise we are f@cked.

Comeonthecounty wrote:Fees for county gone up 100%,anyone know how much that is in £s per month/season ?
As I said elsewhere, the figure that was bandied about was £7,000 ....whether that means it's now £14k I don't know. Whether that means it's per month or per game I don't know.
But one side is saying: "it's a good deal for Newport County"......and the other is saying: "it's not viable"....
Both may be in fact true of course.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Comeonthecounty wrote:Fees for county gone up 100%,anyone know how much that is in £s per month/season ?
As I said elsewhere, the figure that was bandied about was £7,000 ....whether that means it's now £14k I don't know. Whether that means it's per month or per game I don't know.
But one side is saying: "it's a good deal for Newport County"......and the other is saying: "it's not viable"....
I don't care how Butthead dresses it up to double the payments overnight to a cash strapped league 2 club is morally wrong IMO and whoever allowed that clause in any agreement should hang their head in shame it could financially cripple us.
I fear you are right though NGR we will be forced out at some point and then the only alterative at the moment is a return to SP with a probable drop in attendances and revenue and a lot of money to be spent just to bring it up to league requirements.
Then I fear it will be sooner rather than later that we will drop back out of the league and be back in the National league or National league south such a shame after all the hard work that went in to regaining our league status.
As for paying towards the new pitch why should we have to cough up we rent not own it should be up to the landlord to provide the facilities we pay for its like a landlord asking its tenant to pay for a new roof because the old one leaks, the rugby didn't mind using a pitch that we had a football league grant for the pitch was in a shocking state and needed replacing that should be the landlords responsibility not ours.

newgroundrodney wrote:
According to the Gus the 100% increase relates to match staging costs. Not sure if that includes rent or not. I guess the overall cost of playing at RP could be split between X amount for rent and X amount per game for stewards, catering etc etc. Both WRU as LL and us as tenant will be unsure how many matches will be played at RP in a forthcoming season due to cup runs / play offs etc so its feasible that we could be seeing an increase excluding rent. Would think that whoever negotiated the licence on behalf of RP back in 2013 would want more money from us to put on 30 games than the bear 23.
Who knows ? Maybe a rent review has been undertaken which has increased our rent ?

newgroundrodney wrote:

Other than the nuance that I would say not that it is a good deal for Newport County but that it is as good a deal as County can hope to get I agree.

Not that it will please my detractors. Fifteen years I spent trying to persuade people that to progress we needed to sort out a stadium.

Rearrange, roost, home coming, chickens, to.

Goddard & woods wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
I don't care how Butthead dresses it up to double the payments overnight to a cash strapped league 2 club is morally wrong IMO and whoever allowed that clause in any agreement should hang their head in shame it could financially cripple us.
I fear you are right though NGR we will be forced out at some point and then the only alterative at the moment is a return to SP with a probable drop in attendances and revenue and a lot of money to be spent just to bring it up to league requirements.
Then I fear it will be sooner rather than later that we will drop back out of the league and be back in the National league or National league south such a shame after all the hard work that went in to regaining our league status.
As for paying towards the new pitch why should we have to cough up we rent not own it should be up to the landlord to provide the facilities we pay for its like a landlord asking its tenant to pay for a new roof because the old one leaks, the rugby didn't mind using a pitch that we had a football league grant for the pitch was in a shocking state and needed replacing that should be the landlords responsibility not ours.
Such generalisations about rent aren't really helpful. Each lease / licence is different. Obligations on a tenant can vary hugely.

Goddard & woods wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Why the rudeness to another person. Mr Buttress may be a valuable ally for us, currently and in the future.

Goddard & woods wrote: I don't care how Butthead dresses it up to double the payments overnight to a cash strapped league 2 club is morally wrong IMO and whoever allowed that clause in any agreement should hang their head in shame it could financially cripple us.
I think it’s unnecessary to bandy about personal insults like that. What in fact is the truth of this “ doubling of costs “ , I’d like to see the breakdown on that. Didn’t our landlords build the temporary stands for the Spurs game very quickly and efficiently? Did we pay them for that equally quickly and efficiently? Now I don’t know the answer to the latter question but this relationship is a two way thing. The WRU have provided a good playing surface ( which apparently we contribute to ) which is not really needed for rugby which can be played on a farmer’s field, is that a bad landlord? The EFL must have been scrutinising us very closely at one time and if the WRU had wanted us out , why not just neglect the pitch?
We really need to be good partners here and isn’t it true that the ticketing for next year will be first class at a common ticket office and that the shop facilities will be re-united at the stadium? That doesn’t sound like a landlord that’s trying to kick us out. As the bard had it “ ambition should be made of sterner stuff “.

newgroundrodney wrote:

One of the following Directors might be able to tell us what the correct figure is.

Chairman and Directors
Chairman: Gavin Foxall, Shaun Johnson
Directors: Neil Collier,
Mike Everett,
Simon Sadler,
Mark Crook,
Peter Madigan,
Ryan Courtney,
Kevin Ward,
Colin Faulkner,
Rob Santwris, Owns a Carpet shop
Bob Herrin
Honorary President: David Hando 

Didn't one of the Directors that was recently elected on to Board of Directors say he would be transparent.
Yes he so transparent you can see right through him.

Comeonthecounty Wrote. :
Fees for county gone up 100%,anyone know how much that is in £s per month/season ?

newgroundrodney Wrote :
As I said elssewhere, the figure that was bandied about was £7,000 ....whether that means it's now £14k I don't know. Whether that means it's per month or per game I don't know.

The Newport Wrote :
One of the following Directors might be able to tell us what the correct figure is.

Chairman and Directors
Chairman: Gavin Foxall, Shaun Johnson
Directors: Neil Collier,
Mike Everett,
Simon Sadler,
Mark Crook,
Peter Madigan,
Ryan Courtney,
Kevin Ward,
Colin Faulkner,
Rob Santwris, Owns a Carpet shop
Bob Herrin
Honorary President: David Hando 

Didn't one of the Directors that was recently elected on to Board of Directors say he would be transparent.
Yes he so transparent you can see right through him.

guest101 Wrote :
Hi Yes i own a carpet shop. i can’t see how that is relevant. As for being transparent i did PM you the other day happy to meet up over a coffee. You didn’t reply. Once again give me a call happy to talk to you face to face
Rob 07989 44 8692.

Hi Robert,
I wasn't being funny when I put that next to your name. I was just doing a search on Google and your name came up as owning a carpet shop I wasn't even 100 percent sure it was you. I also did a search on the other directors. So I apologise if you think that I'm singling you out please be assured That I'm not. And as for meeting for a coffee that would be quite difficult as I do live a fair distance away from you. I do occasionally visit Newport and I have attended games. I watched 14 games 2017/18 season that includes all the f.a.cup games. A friend of mine got the tickets for me.

And I don't quite understand why you need to meet me for a coffee when we can talk via this forum.
I do have one question for you. Why do you need to put a photo shot of a private message you sent me. I have always thought when you send someone a private message it was just between you and the person you sent it to.

I was going to send you a private message but don't think I will now.
It does make you wonder.