Re: Rodney parade regeneration....

rncfc wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:The £30,000 a year generated by the Rewards and Benefits scheme needs to be broken down into a simple calculation so people understand the paucity of people contributing.

I give £30 a month via this scheme, which is £360 a year by Direct Debit. To achieve the £30,000 figure there are 82 other people also giving £30 a month.

Now obviously not everybody will be giving £30 a month, some will give more and some less.

If an average of £10 a month were giving there would be 250 people currently in the B & R scheme, £20 means 166 people are contributing, £40 and we're down to 63 people, £50 would be 50 people.

It's a simple calculation. Under the current model County can only really survive (or grow) if supporters accept that they need to be putting something into the pot throughout the year. I accept that many wont until they see greater transparency about where monies are going and many can't financially take on such an obligation, but many more could and perhaps should be making some contribution to keeping County going.
I'm not convinced that greater transparency will improve the figures anywhere near enough. This is broadly what is expected/needed for the club to be sustainable under the current model;

Home tickets each month = £50 (assuming no kids)
Home programmes = £6
Trust membership / R&B scheme = £40
Food / drinks each month = £15
TOTAL MONTHLY COST for an average adult = £111

Sorry, but that's ridiculous and is never going to be achieved in a million years in this area.
Well if your figures are correct then obviously there are 3 months of the year that you'll not be spending £71 of that monthly outlay and Trust membership is £10 a year not a month which takes another £10 off nearly every month. Plus you don't need to be putting in as much as £40 a month.

But to put your figures into context I work with someone whose monthly Sky subscription is £120...

I should have been clearer. My post assumes that the supporters are going to plug all of the £350,000 annual shortfall that has been discussed, rather than the £10pm Shaun suggested at the meeting.

I don't see how you can compare that with Sky; entertainment on demand for the whole family, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Sorry but even as a County die-hard, I would sooner keep my Sky and miss the football.

rncfc wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:The £30,000 a year generated by the Rewards and Benefits scheme needs to be broken down into a simple calculation so people understand the paucity of people contributing.

I give £30 a month via this scheme, which is £360 a year by Direct Debit. To achieve the £30,000 figure there are 82 other people also giving £30 a month.

Now obviously not everybody will be giving £30 a month, some will give more and some less.

If an average of £10 a month were giving there would be 250 people currently in the B & R scheme, £20 means 166 people are contributing, £40 and we're down to 63 people, £50 would be 50 people.

It's a simple calculation. Under the current model County can only really survive (or grow) if supporters accept that they need to be putting something into the pot throughout the year. I accept that many wont until they see greater transparency about where monies are going and many can't financially take on such an obligation, but many more could and perhaps should be making some contribution to keeping County going.
I'm not convinced that greater transparency will improve the figures anywhere near enough. This is broadly what is expected/needed for the club to be sustainable under the current model;

Home programmes = £6

Sorry, but that's ridiculous and is never going to be achieved in a million years in this area.
..............................................................................................................................................

We could do a packaged deal that gives a ST + Trust membership + B&R Scheme donation, all rolled together into one neat monthly payment.
e.g: ST £350 + Trust £10 + B&R £20 pcm = £600......or £50 per month, which I believe is very do-able for most.
So for a fifty a month your commitment to NCAFC is sorted, including your match ticket! Bite their hands off!!
Last edited by newgroundrodney on May 29th, 2018, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

newgroundrodney wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Home programmes = £6

..............................................................................................................................................

We could do a packaged deal that gives a ST + Trust membership + B&R Scheme donation, all rolled together into one neat monthly payment.
e.g: ST £350 + Trust £10 + B&R £20 pcm = £600......or £50 per month, which I believe is very do-able for most.
A very good idea.

Few points from the weekends views.

Firstly I cannot see anywhere that Kevin stated that GF was talking to the Council about Spytty or a new ground for us. GF was in discussions relating to RP presumably.
A lot of contributors were clearly not at the meeting.
The £30K raised by the trust was in part from £10 membership subscriptions.
It was stated around £10k which I have to query as that makes only 1000 trust members plus all those that joined to get Spurs tickets.
IMO it has to be getting on for 2000.
R & B was not even mentioned.
Think its dead in the water.
Whether you agree or disagree with Stan this tirade of abuse is getting again imo boring.
To continually state a qualified Barrister is thick is hilarious..
forums are for views not playground insults
Alan Bryant why do you not respond to Pembs question as he has politely asked you 3 times now?.

jollysuperstar wrote:Few points from the weekends views.

Firstly I cannot see anywhere that Kevin stated that GF was talking to the Council about Spytty or a new ground for us. GF was in discussions relating to RP presumably.
It was stated around £10k which I have to query as that makes only 1000 trust members plus all those that joined to get Spurs tickets.
Whether you agree or disagree with Stan this tirade of abuse is getting again imo boring.
Alan Bryant why do you not respond to Pembs question as he has politely asked you 3 times now?.

I think it's more to do with how many members are what might be described as "financially willing and able" ......many of the Trust members are Seniors, kids, students, unemployed etc etc....... I reckon around 1500 fall into the category. 1500 from our overall average home attendance that is, not just current Trust members.

newgroundrodney wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Few points from the weekends views.

I think it's more to do with how many members are what might be described as "financially willing and able" ......many of the Trust members are Seniors, kids, students, unemployed etc etc....... I reckon around 1500 fall into the category. 1500 from our overall average home attendance that is, not just current Trust members.
The crux of the problem is within the bolded word above.

Plenty of people are either of these things, I don't think there are enough people who fall into both categories.

I really like your idea above, of consolidating the season ticket, B&R, trust membership, etc, into one monthly payment. Speaking for myself however, even though £50 a month would be comfortably affordable, I'm still not convinced I would go for it.

The other problem I guess you might create with providing monthly payment options on a package deal like that is that too many people go for it, but £900,000 a year plus the FL money would go a long way to covering the cost base I imagine.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: Providing decent transport links can be established to Spytty then the attendances should hold.
But that's an absolutely enormous "if". There's no getting around the distance from the station - the AA route planner says it's 2.9 miles. I'd go so far as to say it's impossible to establish transport links good enough to hold attendances up.
Finally, from the Newport Live website is the statement that 'Newport Stadium meets Football League standard'.
I don't know if it ever was, but it certainly isn't now.

rncfc wrote:I should have been clearer. My post assumes that the supporters are going to plug all of the £350,000 annual shortfall that has been discussed, rather than the £10pm Shaun suggested at the meeting.

I don't see how you can compare that with Sky; entertainment on demand for the whole family, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Sorry but even as a County die-hard, I would sooner keep my Sky and miss the football.
The shortfall is based on the financial figures for 2016-17 when County lost £350,000. There should be no shortfall in the 2017-18 financial year because County did not sack two managerial teams or have as high a turnover of playing staff. In essence the shortfall Shaun spoke about was due to poor management by the BOD in appointing two Managers (and their team) who weren't up to the job. I'm sure the BOD would love County fans to provide an additional £350,000 a year so they can be profligate with the additional money. I think Accrington proved this season that Flynns budget can provide some success in the long term if used wisely.

I think the Trust Board would be better off telling its members how much the club costs to run during the off season when there is reduced revenues. Perhaps if the B & R scheme could at least cover these costs it would be a start.

The Sky analogy is about priorities. I don't have Sky, never have, partly for political reasons and partly because for me it seems a vast outlay for little additional content. I'm not too bothered about the over-hyped Premiership football and if I really wanted to see one of the televised games I'd go out to the pub to do so. The outlay on beer during the game is far less than the monthly subscription, partly because there are so few "must see" games during the football season. Any of the movies worth watching I'll have seen in the local multiplex and those not seen will be on terrestial television soon enough. People talk about "must see" television but I've never felt I'm missing out by not seeing GoT or Walking Dead (or whatever the current "must see" production is). There sufficient television on terrestial to miss without having greater choice (and less money because of that choice). Because I don't have Sky and I can't make every home game (due to work) I can afford my monthly contributions which are more important to the club at this time of year. That's my choice. You choose differently and that's fine.

wattsville_boy wrote:
rncfc wrote:I should have been clearer. My post assumes that the supporters are going to plug all of the £350,000 annual shortfall that has been discussed, rather than the £10pm Shaun suggested at the meeting.

The shortfall is based on the financial figures for 2016-17 when County lost £350,000. There should be no shortfall in the 2017-18 financial year because County did not sack two managerial teams or have as high a turnover of playing staff. In essence the shortfall Shaun spoke about was due to poor management by the BOD in appointing two Managers (and their team) who weren't up to the job. I'm sure the BOD would love County fans to provide an additional £350,000 a year so they can be profligate with the additional money. I think Accrington proved this season that Flynns budget can provide some success in the long term if used wisely.

I think the Trust Board would be better off telling its members how much the club costs to run during the off season when there is reduced revenues. Perhaps if the B & R scheme could at least cover these costs it would be a start.

The Sky analogy is about priorities. I don't have Sky, never have, partly for political reasons and partly because for me it seems a vast outlay for little additional content. I'm not too bothered about the over-hyped Premiership football and if I really wanted to see one of the televised games I'd go out to the pub to do so. The outlay on beer during the game is far less than the monthly subscription, partly because there are so few "must see" games during the football season. Any of the movies worth watching I'll have seen in the local multiplex and those not seen will be on terrestial television soon enough. People talk about "must see" television but I've never felt I'm missing out by not seeing GoT or Walking Dead (or whatever the current "must see" production is). There sufficient television on terrestial to miss without having greater choice (and less money because of that choice). Because I don't have Sky and I can't make every home game (due to work) I can afford my monthly contributions which are more important to the club at this time of year. That's my choice. You choose differently and that's fine.
If it was just me I'd ditch the Sky, believe me. Don't think the Mrs and kids would be too happy if I told them the Sky was gone so I could chip in for big Frank's new contract though :lol: :lol:

Jimmy Exile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
That rule of thumb thing about costing new grounds at 1m pounds per 1,000 seats has been cited for a very long time, surely it's out of date by now?
It’s at least double. Cornwall’s new stadium proposal is £14m for a 6000 seater[/quote]

Based on Wimbledon's new stadium £1m per 1,000 seats isnt far off. Excluding land cost.

The new Plough Lane is costing £16m for an 11,000 capacity stadium, which works out at £1,454 per seat, which taking into account the regional cost difference between Merton and Newport at something like - 35% would equate to £945 per seat or £945k per 1,000 seats.

Plough Lane stadium is part of a new £25m development including 600 flats, retail space and a health club. Being paid for by £2m paid by Chelsea for Kingsmeadow, £14m from developer who will sell off the flats/ retail / health club plus a £9m loan by the football club. Not sure how much the land cost.

wattsville_boy wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Home programmes = £6

Well if your figures are correct then obviously there are 3 months of the year that you'll not be spending £71 of that monthly outlay and Trust membership is £10 a year not a month which takes another £10 off nearly every month. Plus you don't need to be putting in as much as £40 a month.

But to put your figures into context I work with someone whose monthly Sky subscription is £120...
Fook!.......tell em they need to get out more