Re: Kevin Ward and Newport City Council

whoareya wrote:Thanks, but Kevin is clearly quite able to answer for himself.

What is all this paranoia setting in - I've not said it's a negative thing - I'm optimistic that when the County's Rodney Parade lease expires, Kevin and NL with be instrumental in getting the club a permanent home at the Spytty Stadium.

Which were the other points in my original post......
My last response to this as I've got work to do this evening.
To clarify, I am not an employee of Newport city council by any definition you care to use.
More importantly, any conversations I have had with the council on behalf of Newport County AFC have been about Rodney Parade, not Newport Stadium. Any discussions that might happen in the future between the club, the council and Newport Live regarding Newport Stadium could not involve me - it would be a conflict of interest and hugely unprofessional.

whoareya Wrote :
Employee talking to employer.

Whoever would have thought it.

Kevin Ward Wrote :
I’m not employed by the council. Never have been. Cheers.

whoareya Wrote :
I thought you had a role with Newport Live -a not for profit vehicle set up by Newport City council to manage it's leisure facilities, including Spytty Stadium?

Kevin Ward Wrote :
Newport Live is a company and registered charity entirely separate from the council. I am a board member and trustee. This is a voluntary, unpaid position. I’m not an employee of the council or Newport Live.

Is it not a charity setup by Newport City Council?
You might be volunteering for Newport Live but you are a director of Newport Live so technically you are employed by Newport Live you just don't get paid for that role.
Who do you answer to if anything goes wrong?

The Newport wrote:
whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

whoareya Wrote :
I thought you had a role with Newport Live -a not for profit vehicle set up by Newport City council to manage it's leisure facilities, including Spytty Stadium?

Kevin Ward Wrote :
Newport Live is a company and registered charity entirely separate from the council. I am a board member and trustee. This is a voluntary, unpaid position. I’m not an employee of the council or Newport Live.

You might be volunteering for Newport Live but you are a director of Newport Live so technically you are employed by Newport Live you just don't get paid for that role.
Does it really matter ? Another volunteer being hounded.

SULLY34 wrote:
The Newport wrote:
whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

Init!! we want our board to come on here and answer questions or other mediums then they get quized on thier outside employment/voluntary work

Hold on, no one's getting hounded - it's perfectly reasonable to ask questions of any link or association to persons or organisations that could have a significant impact on the future of our club.

Kevin doesn't come across as a snowflake, or a member of a clique - makes him ok in my eyes.

And he ironed Einstein straight out, which is always good to see.

Edited for typo's, not content - posting from Cyprus on an ancient phone.

whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

The Newport Wrote :

SULLY34 Wrote. :

UPTHEPORT Wrote :
Init!! we want our board to come on here and answer questions or other mediums then they get quized on thier outside employment/voluntary work
Nobody's hounding anyone. I believe and this is my opinion only. Kevin Ward and a number of the other board members have only joined the board and volunteered to join other boards to help too increase their own business interests. And if that is the case I wish him and all the other board members all the luck in the world.

The Newport wrote:
whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

The Newport Wrote :

SULLY34 Wrote. :

UPTHEPORT Wrote :
Nobody's hounding anyone. I believe and this is my opinion only. Kevin Ward and a number of the other board members have only joined the board and volunteered to join other boards to help too increase their own business interests. And if that is the case I wish him and all the other board members all the luck in the world.
Each to there own but anything that Kevin can do positively for County is great by me.

[quote="whoareya"]Hold on,

And he ironed Einstein straight out, which is always good ./quote]

Hold on?

I think you will find that he clarified that which I had said, that he was able to extend talks from the CEO of the Council to the political leadership. Which in fact was more than I had claimed. I fully accept that clarification as indeed that Gavin has built up a relationship with the CEO.

With yourself I think it fairly obvious that he corrected your error of believing that Kevin was employed by the Council. He is an unpaid director of a not for profit organisation which was set up by but no longer controlled by Newport City Council.

Why you are unable to grasp the simple truth is your problem. I think Kevin's openness is a breath of fresh air. Of course you are at liberty to question him. What I don't think you are at liberty to do is to post misleading comments.
Well to be accurate you can post anything you please but if you want to be credible you need to accept that when someone states a fact about themselves you need evidence before you can legitimately challenge.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:Hold on,

Hold on?

I think you will find that he clarified that which I had said, that he was able to extend talks from the CEO of the Council to the political leadership. Which in fact was more than I had claimed. I fully accept that clarification as indeed that Gavin has built up a relationship with the CEO.

With yourself I think it fairly obvious that he corrected your error of believing that Kevin was employed by the Council. He is an unpaid director of a not for profit organisation which was set up by but no longer controlled by Newport City Council.

Why you are unable to grasp the simple truth is your problem. I think Kevin's openness is a breath of fresh air. Of course you are at liberty to question him. What I don't think you are at liberty to do is to post misleading comments.
Well to be accurate you can post anything you please but if you want to be credible you need to accept that when someone states a fact about themselves you need evidence before you can legitimately challenge.
Kevin certainly did straighten out Stanley. You claimed that Kevin is the only director in the last 30 years who thinks County need their own stadium.

However Kevin informed you that Gavin has been in talks with the council for some time. The same Gavin who who have been having a go at constantly.

you’ve made yourself look stupid again

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:Hold on,

Hold on?

Irony meter meltdown

Going to the council is not a new thing the previous board had a very good relationship with the council CEO and had lots of dialogue about the stadium and the council being involved it’s is not a new thing I’m surprised it’s taken the Trust so long to get things moving
But at least they are having dialogue
I’m sure GF’s skill set will serve us well !!!!

One other thing to note
The council will not support a move to Spytty
Why ?
because they’re just invested in the new city centre centre and see the stadium as a good fit to bring footfall into the shops and restaurants so they won’t help us to move back to Spytty
We can’t afford to pay rent and pay for stewarding at RP
How on earth will we be able to afford a new stadium
As much as I would like one its not going to happen
Best option is redevelop RP become a stakeholder and tap into the premier league and football foundation grants and part own the stadium,
And get somebody to maintain the pitch

The Newport wrote:
whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

whoareya Wrote :

Kevin Ward Wrote :

The Newport Wrote :

SULLY34 Wrote. :

UPTHEPORT Wrote :
Hi competitionman.

Here's a competition for you. Locate the nearest fork, turn on your toaster, and see how long you can hold the fork in the toaster. The record is 43 hours.

PMG wrote: Best option is redevelop RP become a stakeholder and tap into the premier league and football foundation grants and part own the stadium,
I agree entirely.

Now if the current board of directors say that, say that they are going to work towards that, and make it clear that extra monies raised from the supporters will be used for that purpose and for that purpose alone, we might just have a chance.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
PMG wrote: Best option is redevelop RP become a stakeholder and tap into the premier league and football foundation grants and part own the stadium,
I agree entirely.

Now if the current board of directors say that, say that they are going to work towards that, and make it clear that extra monies raised from the supporters will be used for that purpose and for that purpose alone, we might just have a chance.
I disagree with both of you, in that there is a flaw in the plans to redevelop RP. By digging up the cabbage patch and replacing the often waterlogged grass with concrete structures (housing, conference facilities, shops etc) are we not then causing the RP pitch to run a greater risk of becoming unfit for use?

My view is that the better option for a stadium for professional sport that'll work in the longer term is to look away from RP. I'd prefer a brownfield site somewhere central but am of the opinion that such a site cannot be found unless NCC accept the shrinkage of the city centre and bring forward radical plans to totally transform the cityscape.