TRUST FUNDING CAMPAIGN

As we have been discussing and as detailed in the Argus today (29th May) - it's obvious we need to make more of our trust funding method. I guess my own story of trust involvement sums up our problem.
I've been a member since the beginning, but apart from donating condiserably more those few years back to allow us to survive I simply keep on giving £10 per year membership fee.
As discussed at the moment, the trust members give £10-£30 k per year from 1,500 members.

Surely what we need is some concerted focussed campaign to :
1. enlarge trust membership
2. make it a minimum £5 per month donation (this immediately trebles the take from the trust).

I guess like a lot of us, we don't want to think our money 'is wasted' or doesn't make a dent or difference' but if this campaign or group is branded dilligently then surely we could make so much more of the trust idea.

for the record I am totally for the 'old swanseas city' model as it's called in part trust part commercial director method of operating.

Re: TRUST FUNDING CAMPAIGN

The NCFC Hippy wrote:As we have been discussing and as detailed in the Argus today (29th May) - it's obvious we need to make more of our trust funding method. I guess my own story of trust involvement sums up our problem.
I've been a member since the beginning, but apart from donating condiserably more those few years back to allow us to survive I simply keep on giving £10 per year membership fee.
As discussed at the moment, the trust members give £10-£30 k per year from 1,500 members.

Surely what we need is some concerted focussed campaign to :
1. enlarge trust membership
2. make it a minimum £5 per month donation (this immediately trebles the take from the trust).

I guess like a lot of us, we don't want to think our money 'is wasted' or doesn't make a dent or difference' but if this campaign or group is branded dilligently then surely we could make so much more of the trust idea.

for the record I am totally for the 'old swanseas city' model as it's called in part trust part commercial director method of operating.
Upping the minimum to £5 per month is probably a good way of testing the water.

If we stand any chance of the supporter base covering the gap, then this shouldn't affect the membership numbers at all. £5 a month, other than for a select few, will not even be noticed as missing. Most people probably round to the nearest £10 when budgeting.

If doing that affects membership numbers then we can forget it.

So could we simply hike the price of trust membership for the proletariat to circa £70? (After all, you gotta pay to play, and all that).

Additionally AFC Wimbledon’s blue&gold club’s membership should be the model we aspire to match. It makes cash for the club, it fosters good will between fans and players and it actually offers fans a chance to address burning questions such as, to use a Newport example, “Why do they play Nouble out wide?”. I wonder if any similar kind of initiative is being worked out at County?

As I mentioned on another thread, we need to roll it all together into one monthly payment FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO USE IT....

So e.g: Season Ticket £350 + Trust Fee £10 + B&R Donation £20 pr month = £600 = £50 per month, payable by direct debit via GoCardless, with the assumption of automatic renewal each season, with slight adjustment in price if applicable. We could give it a nice name, like 'Exiles for Life' or 'Forever County', 'NCAFC Ticket for Life' or something like that, but the point is we can lock people in for a monthly amount they can afford. ONLY THOSE WANTING TO USE IT NEED DO SO.
Some may not want the monthly commitment , in which case, do an advance payment option of £600, again, for those who prefer to pay up front.